Can I use my blog for...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

I haven't gotten into blogging much, but I was wondering if I could use it to keep an updated want/have list of games for trading? I would only be using the one entry and updating that same entry, then (if possible) linking to it in the trading forum when I make a post. That way if someone wants to see the list, they can go to it. I'd rather not have them scroll thru the trade list post if they don't want to.

This is until the trading system opens on here. I have a huge account/rep at GameTZ.com but trading has been less for me over there lately. I'm still breaking this site in and want my posts to be simple as possible so users aren't wading thru long lists.

I can see if this is a problem if it goes into the general new blogs feed. Is there a way I could do this and tag it somehow so that it doesn't hit the general feed?

Also, I'm a long time trader on GameTZ so if any of you guys need someone to beta test the trade system your working on, I'd volunteer.

#2 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

That way if someone wants to see the list, they can go to it. I'd rather not have them scroll thru the trade list post if they don't want to.

I'm sorta confused... what's wrong with clicking your CML button? Why would they have to scroll through your post-list but not your blog-list?

#3 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

I don't see the problem in keeping a list as a Blog Entry. I'm keeping a blog entry to keep track of what games I've beaten this year. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not advertising another site you're trying to make profit from, it's fair game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image