Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad BEst buy was too lazy to get season 1 part two of Ouran now. ~$30 after discounts (including got anime) is much better than $42

Jumped right on to finish Wallflower, Ouran, and School Rumble.

Depending on next week's paycheck, I may also get Hell Girl, Tokyo Majin, and the first 2 volumes of Baccano. How is Baccano, anyway? My interest is based solely on the art of a single banner ad and that I keep confusing it with 'Bocca', the main character of Melody of Oblivion (a gulity-pleasure show for me.)

[quote name='saturnotaku']$35.99 each for School Rumble Season 2...very tempting.[/quote]

$72 for a single 26 episode season is never very tempting in my book....

[quote name='Brian9824']$72 for a single 26 episode season is never very tempting in my book....[/quote]

Hey, that's great. Really.

:roll:

I jumped on the already cheap Dragon Ball Z season 7 and Yu Yu Hakusho season 1-3. I wish they would have a sale on Gunbuster and the Giant Robo Premium Eyeball set.

I've got the Full Metal Panic Heavy Metal Collection pre-ordered (it's Full Metal Panic season 1 plus the FUMOFFU season), so I got excited when I saw that the TSR season was on sale. Ordered it for about $36 with free shipping. Makes me quite happy ^_^

EDIT: Just went back and was looking through things, and saw that the My Santa DVD was also in the sale, so I ordered that as well.

I'm tempted to order some DBZ sets finally especially since I want to make an order for some manga.

[quote name='evilomar']I jumped on the already cheap Dragon Ball Z season 7 and Yu Yu Hakusho season 1-3. I wish they would have a sale on Gunbuster and the Giant Robo Premium Eyeball set.[/quote]

Do they even make the Giant Robo eyeball set anymore? I was lucky and got it for like $25 a few years back at Otakon straight from MB.

Updated the list to include the Weekly Special Highlights , as well as to include prices on all listed items.

Any suggestions of things to add to the list/thread to make it better , feel free to mention it.:)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']
Depending on next week's paycheck, I may also get Hell Girl, Tokyo Majin, and the first 2 volumes of Baccano. How is Baccano, anyway? My interest is based solely on the art of a single banner ad and that I keep confusing it with 'Bocca', the main character of Melody of Oblivion (a gulity-pleasure show for me.)[/quote]

I liked it a lot. Definitely worth it if you're spending money on something like Hell Girl...

[quote name='Brian9824']$72 for a single 26 episode season is never very tempting in my book....[/QUOTE]

Beats the $108 dollars a 26 episode season cost just a couple years ago- and that's assuming you didn't want an artbox.

I do get your point, though- if it's not something you really want, first release price never seem that 'worth it'.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I liked it a lot. Definitely worth it if you're spending money on something like Hell Girl...[/QUOTE]

That's where the 'may get' comes in. My mom liked Hell Girl when it was on demand, but we missed a couple episodes. Honestly though, I think I'll skip it- I really didn't like it that much. It wasn't bad, but it had a 'you've seen one, you've seen 'em all' kinda thing going on.

Baccano remains very likely, it's not a common era for anime to visit. Tokyo Majin is based on how much I get paid for- I've got some retro pay due, so...;)

Baccano is goddamn AWESOME, definitely get it. The art, music, story, and characters are all top notch. Tokyo Majin is, more or less, a mini Shin Megami Tensei anime. To be exact, it's a series using a lot of mythological references based off of a PS1 visual novel, and its sequel continues that. Underrated, nice story and fight scenes, but it isn't tearing down barriers. Enjoyable however, if you have a solid attention span and don't mind stories that can (and will) go by fast.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Tokyo Majin is, more or less, a mini Shin Megami Tensei anime. To be exact, it's a series using a lot of mythological references based off of a PS1 visual novel, and its sequel continues that. Underrated, nice story and fight scenes, but it isn't tearing down barriers. Enjoyable however, if you have a solid attention span and don't mind stories that can (and will) go by fast.[/quote]

You know, that's really funny. Because that's exactly what I thought of when I watched it. Too bad the second season of Tokyo Majin sucks. It's unfortunate the Persona anime didn't try as hard as Majin did.

Zewone, if the coupon code isn't taking your price off, you may as well just call them up and ask them about it. On the previous Rightstuf threads people were talking about how their telephone customer support is amazing.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Baccano is goddamn AWESOME, definitely get it. The art, music, story, and characters are all top notch. Tokyo Majin is, more or less, a mini Shin Megami Tensei anime. To be exact, it's a series using a lot of mythological references based off of a PS1 visual novel, and its sequel continues that. Underrated, nice story and fight scenes, but it isn't tearing down barriers. Enjoyable however, if you have a solid attention span and don't mind stories that can (and will) go by fast.[/QUOTE]

I did get a chance to see an episode of Tokyo Majin on a Newtype sampler disc (before they went under :cry:)... I was honestly surprised by it, becuase I typically don't like horror-ish stuff, but it was good. Not good enough to buy singles for, but cheaper-boxset-good. I suppose I ended up benifiting from not getting the singles more than I realized. :)

For anyone who might have the artbox already, how many discs are in Baccano? It looks like there should be 4-5 based on episode count, but I'm curious to find out for sure.

It'll be four discs. Well, unless something stupid happens like them putting only two episodes on each DVD (Hi, Shigofumi!).

As a preorder, I'd be surprised if anyone had the box already.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It'll be four discs. Well, unless something stupid happens like them putting only two episodes on each DVD (Hi, Shigofumi!).

As a preorder, I'd be surprised if anyone had the box already.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, huh? This is what I get for posting first thing in the morning, half-asleep and trying to remember what I'm building for the kelflings today. :lol:

I doubt anyone's going to try the BVUSA thing again, seeing as they're already out-of-business for it...

Did Shigofumi get picked up again? I saw a preview of the first two episodes at a con last year, it was interesting. Not $60 for 2 episodes interesting, but interesting.

Heh.

I don't believe Shigofumi's been picked up, which is a damn shame. I absolutely loved that series. At first I thought it was gonna be like Hell Girl, but it got so much better after each episode. I highly recommend *ahem* acquiring it somehow.

Edit: Picked up by a company that's not going to die after only releasing only the first $40 two-episode, sub only DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkSageRK']Heh.

I don't believe Shigofumi's been picked up, which is a damn shame. I absolutely loved that series. At first I thought it was gonna be like Hell Girl, but it got so much better after each episode. I highly recommend *ahem* acquiring it somehow.[/quote]

Bandai has it. They licensed it like a year ago when they picked up True Tears.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Bandai has it. They licensed it like a year ago when they picked up True Tears.[/quote]

"Picked up by a company that's not dead." I figure that would've been implied based on my previous statement and my reply to DuelLadyS, but whatever.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Bandai has it. They licensed it like a year ago when they picked up True Tears.[/QUOTE]

Shigofumi and True Tears were actually originally picked up by Bandai Visual- tied to, but a different company than Bandai Entertainment. They attempted to bring Japanese-style pricing to the US market. Not surprisingly, nobody really bought into the $40 2-episode sub only disc thing and the company folded.

I think Bandai Entertainment absorbed some/all of the BV catalog into their Honnamise
label, but they haven't really announced any continuation of the titles, save for Haruka: Stream of Time. There's really no telling right now when or if these titles will be announced again, or if they'll sell them to another studio, or let the liscense rot.

As for acquiring Shigofumi 'elsewhere'... I have too much of a DVD backlog to really spend time with that. *shrugs*

[quote name='nightmare452']Thats it!!, In for One Piece Season 1, Parts 2, 3 and 4. Come to 29.99 each with the dossier coupon code. Sis has the anime membership so I can apply that too right??http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums...GNG/browse/item/82016/4/0/0,a=cheap-ass-gamer[/QUOTE]

Got Anime is tied to the account it was bought with- you'd have to order via your sister's account to use the discount. (If you already share an account, problem solved.)

I went ahead and bought Tokyo Majin and Baccano, along with the FF 12 soundtrack and Punie-chan from the weekly specials. Wasn't really planning on it, but my mom made me go play bingo with her yesterday... and I won $500. :D The BF was stunned.

[quote name='zenintrude']several of those prices have changed... specifically the blu-rays.[/quote]

I assume that your talking about Afro Samurai and Shigurui? The sale prices on those won't show up when you follow the links. The prices will show up in the cart once you put in the sale coupon code.

Unless of course you mean that you tried to order them with the coupon code and they didn't come up on sale in which case you may want to contact Right Stuf about that if you haven't already.

[quote name='YodaEXE']What does Viz have? Anything good?[/quote]

Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Naruto, Bleach, and Full Moon wo Sagashite come to mind.

[quote name='YodaEXE']What does Viz have? Anything good?[/quote]

I just started a few manga series that I'd like to catch up on.

I want to get the Bleach Manga boxset. I'd also like to get the Naruto manga boxset but right now all I'm really looking for is a few middle volumes.

Ended up ordering Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 3 and 4 to complete the series for me. Also ended up ordering Wild ARMS Vol.1 , 3 , 4 and 5 to put my order over the $50 for free shipping. Any have a copy of Vol.2 they don't want?:D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']So good, but they're never gonna finish it! ARRGH!![/QUOTE]

Sad but true, last I checked they cancelled their licensing of it, like they did of Prince of Tennis, or maybe not cancelled, so much as said "we're never releasing any more" It didn't sell well, but if they had wanted it to, they should've sold it as 13 or 26 episode collections.

[quote name='Gden']Sad but true, last I checked they cancelled their licensing of it, like they did of Prince of Tennis, or maybe not cancelled, so much as said "we're never releasing any more" It didn't sell well, but if they had wanted it to, they should've sold it as 13 or 26 episode collections.[/QUOTE]

Companies have only figured out in recent months that collection > singles in terms of sales. Back when these first came out, you wouldn't have really considered it.

Email Viz every so often that you love the show and want to buy the whole thing. Considering the current fallout in the anime market, a boxset release of a show they already have must look more appealing than spending money on a new one- all they need is a reason to believe people will buy it.

(That reminds me, I should pop off something about Honey and Clover one of these days.)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']There's a DC comics sale up, ends on Wednesday. Doesn't seem to be anything good.[/quote]

Yeah , I've learned that , especially on the Monday-Wednesday 3 days sales , that its safer to check the website for the new sale then to wait for the email about the sale to arrive (doesn't help much on a 3-day sale for the email to arrive on Wednesday:bomb:.)

OP has been updated with the new sale and coupon code. As well as all featured items for the sale listed. Also a note about the sale prices and coupon code has been added to hopefully avoid any more confusion about the prices listed on the items through the links.

[quote name='StarKnightX']
OP has been updated with the new sale and coupon code. As well as all featured items for the sale listed. Also a note about the sale prices and coupon code has been added to hopefully avoid any more confusion about the prices listed on the items through the links.[/quote]

Maybe you should make it a different color to make it stand out a little better because the people who are getting confused obviously only look at the deals.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Maybe you should make it a different color to make it stand out a little better because the people who are getting confused obviously only look at the deals.[/quote]

I'm always open to suggestions about ways to make the thread better or easier to use , but I'm not sure I follow what your suggesting.:dunce:

Do you mean that , say , instead of this:
:arrow:Fire Investigator Nanase GN 1 $6.66

It should be more like this?:
:arrow:Fire Investigator Nanase GN 1 $6.66

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'm always open to suggestions about ways to make the thread better or easier to use , but I'm not sure I follow what your suggesting.:dunce:
[/quote]

No, no. I mean make the statement about having to use the coupon code a different color because the people that come in here saying "the prices have gone back up" are obviously not actually reading the thread anyway and just clicking on the links.
Something like:

[quote name='StarKnightX']
Links to all the featured sale items will NOT show the sale price. Sale prices will only be shown in checkout once the appropriate coupon code has been entered (exception being the Weekly Special Items , which are already set at that sale price).
[/quote]

[quote name='ChibiJosh']No, no. I mean make the statement about having to use the coupon code a different color because the people that come in here saying "the prices have gone back up" are obviously not actually reading the thread anyway and just clicking on the links.
Something like:[/quote]

Ah ok , when I read your post I wasn't sure if thats what you meant or what I had said. Done and done. If someone objects to red I can easily change the color.;) Also added an example note about the prices to make it even easier.

Not that anyone really cares , but todays the last day to get anything from the DC comics sale. Of course today is also the last day to get anything from the weekly specials as well , but most everyone who's following this thread probably already knows that.;)

bread's done
Back