* * * * - 7 votes

The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

• Please log in to reply
4676 replies to this topic

#3421 enigma

enigma

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

How long does it take to get verified?

I think the company line is something like "4-6 weeks" but I'm pretty sure mine went through in one or so.

On a semi-related note, how freaking long does it take for Advocate status? I've been enrolled for six or seven months but didn't take courses every single month. Did that really screw me? I wish they had the criteria laid out better (read: AT ALL) on the site like ExpertZone does.

#3422 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think the company line is something like "4-6 weeks" but I'm pretty sure mine went through in one or so.

On a semi-related note, how freaking long does it take for Advocate status? I've been enrolled for six or seven months but didn't take courses every single month. Did that really screw me? I wish they had the criteria laid out better (read: AT ALL) on the site like ExpertZone does.

You have to log in at least once a month for 6 months straight.

#3423 enigma

enigma

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

You have to log in at least once a month for 6 months straight.

I'm fairly confident I did that. I just didn't take courses at first because I was working on getting another PS3 at the time and I wasn't sure I'd even have a use for the points. I just kept my account verified and kept track of what they were offering.

I wonder if their support could let me know my status. I still don't understand why there appears to be absolutely no mention of a higher tiered status anywhere on their site. I would have never even known it existed had I not read about it here. :blink:

#3424 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm fairly confident I did that. I just didn't take courses at first because I was working on getting another PS3 at the time and I wasn't sure I'd even have a use for the points. I just kept my account verified and kept track of what they were offering.

I wonder if their support could let me know my status. I still don't understand why there appears to be absolutely no mention of a higher tiered status anywhere on their site. I would have never even known it existed had I not read about it here. :blink:

Email support. They're really quick to respond and will give you Advocate if you qualify. I had to do that last year.

uc.png

#3425 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

That or hit them up on twitter.

@onPlayStation

@BjrnJens

CAG

#3426 Neoreloaded313

Neoreloaded313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

How long does it take to get verified?

I submitted pay stub Friday and got verified later the same day.

#3427 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Got my headset and 32GB Vita card yesterday.

#3428 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Still nothing on my order yet.

Would you guys recommend the Playstation Move bundle?  It's so cheap at 500 points and $10.00 shipping, but I don't know if it's worth getting. I'm also tempting to get the Heavy Rain Director's Cut.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#3429 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Would you guys recommend the Playstation Move bundle?  It's so cheap at 500 points and $10.00 shipping, but I don't know if it's worth getting. I'm also tempting to get the Heavy Rain Director's Cut.

If you don't have a Move controller or a PS3 Camera then its a great deal. Heavy Rain is a great game as well.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#3430 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ordered it just to get ready for a PS4
That and I've been wanting a Move for months but didn't want to pay full price since very few games, Gotta find Child of Eden for cheap when I have funds to spend.

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#3431 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

All About That Bass, No Treble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

I don't want to spend anything from my paychecks to get the PS4.

Tips: $112

AMD Training: $75

Gamestop Credit: $120

Fusion Cash: $26

Total: $333

I should be good buying the PS4 but any games I get may have to come from RLS.

Lol I knew TLOU is going to hit the site soon but I still picked it up day one. (actually got it prestreet)

I end up doing this with most games i'm interested in though

#3432 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Box arrived today. Very curious to see how this headset works.

Would it be best to get the Move set and some more games or wait for an update and do it then?

I hope there are some good deals on the Vita system this year. A nice holdover until I can afford a PS4.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#3433 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

I don't want to spend anything from my paychecks to get the PS4.

Tips: $112
AMD Training: $75
Gamestop Credit: $120
Fusion Cash: $26

Total: $333

I should be good buying the PS4 but any games I get may have to come from RLS.

Can anybody sign up for that AMD training? That's pretty cool.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#3434 Squabbit

Squabbit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

I am pretty sure the amd training site is only for people that sell computer products.  I am pretty sure i tried (gamestop) and they wouldnt let me make an account.  

If i am wrong, correct me and i will go make an account!!  I hear they have some absolutely insane deals on there

#3435 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I am pretty sure the amd training site is only for people that sell computer products. I am pretty sure i tried (gamestop) and they wouldnt let me make an account.

If i am wrong, correct me and i will go make an account!! I hear they have some absolutely insane deals on there

I currently work at Best Buy so I wouldn't see that being a problem. I'll have to check into it.

YouTube

#3436 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Three new modules are posted.

Octodad:Dadliest Catch

Skylanders SWAP Force

The Order: 1886

YouTube

#3437 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Got my 16GB Card, Soul Sacrifice, and LBP yesterday

not bad for 30 bones

#3438 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

Ugh, wasn't TLOU supposed to be up over a week ago?  I'm really sick of having to f5 their Twitter feeds every afternoon.

uc.png

#3439 TastyPorkBone

TastyPorkBone

How Could You Not Like Bacon !?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I want an update sooo bad ! F5, F5, F5, F5, F5

w7c9.png

#3440 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ugh, wasn't TLOU supposed to be up over a week ago? I'm really sick of having to f5 their Twitter feeds every afternoon.

Yeah, it was supposed to be available like two weeks ago or so. I haven't heard too much from them regarding the site at all. I do remember hearing them mention how they were working on a ton of content for us. I currently have 21,000 points so I can always add to that. ;)

YouTube

#3441 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I went ahead and placed an order for the Playstation Move bundle, Heavy Rain Director's Cut, Smart As, Gravity Rush, and Sports Champions 2. Came out to $12 an item which isn't bad at all.

I have the feeling this may be my last order as I may be leaving Target for another company that more than likely will not be eligible for this program. It's a shame too because I still have cards with points, plus the Sony rep at my store is a nice guy. I always like pushing the Sony brand (I still have my 4GB Sony Walkman and I'm typing this on a Vaio) so it will sadden me if I wasn't able to participate anymore.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#3442 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I went ahead and placed an order for the Playstation Move bundle, Heavy Rain Director's Cut, Smart As, Gravity Rush, and Sports Champions 2. Came out to $12 an item which isn't bad at all.

I have the feeling this may be my last order as I may be leaving Target for another company that more than likely will not be eligible for this program. It's a shame too because I still have cards with points, plus the Sony rep at my store is a nice guy. I always like pushing the Sony brand (I still have my 4GB Sony Walkman and I'm typing this on a Vaio) so it will sadden me if I wasn't able to participate anymore.

That sucks man. I'm almost done with college, but I would like to stay at Best Buy for a few days a week if they would let me. I love On.Playstation, and I'm always pushing the Sony Brand as well. Do you know if you could stay at Target part time? I'm currently looking for an overnight job, but haven't heard anything back yet.

YouTube

#3443 enigma

enigma

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Since the ExpertZone thread vanished for some reason, if anyone reading this has an EZ account, they just restocked the 4GB Kinect bundles for $75. Just picked one up.

#3444 Squabbit

Squabbit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the MS update, looks like they are out of stock.  I kinda wanted to see what the Kinect is all about  (i was wondering what happened to the other thread too)

I hate to say it, but i think the RLS sites are the primary reason i am still hanging around retail.  The pay certainly doesn't do a whole lot but being a part of places on.playstation keep me excited about the new games coming out and knowing i will actually have a chance at playing some of the newer games rather then either shelling out more money then i make in a day at Gamestop or waiting for a year keeps me fired up.

Cage, if you can find a way to stick around the store for a shift or two a week that would almost be the best of both worlds.  A job that probably is a bit more lucrative vs losing out on the best part of working retail... SONY!! =D

CAH, did you ever get into that AMD site? 

#3445 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for the MS update, looks like they are out of stock. I kinda wanted to see what the Kinect is all about (i was wondering what happened to the other thread too)

I hate to say it, but i think the RLS sites are the primary reason i am still hanging around retail. The pay certainly doesn't do a whole lot but being a part of places on.playstation keep me excited about the new games coming out and knowing i will actually have a chance at playing some of the newer games rather then either shelling out more money then i make in a day at Gamestop or waiting for a year keeps me fired up.

Cage, if you can find a way to stick around the store for a shift or two a week that would almost be the best of both worlds. A job that probably is a bit more lucrative vs losing out on the best part of working retail... SONY!! =D

CAH, did you ever get into that AMD site?

I didn't get into that site. I honestly think I was apart of it a while ago, but I just stopped doing the training modules for it. I prefer Intel products. If anyone needs a referral for that, send me a PM. I think the reason that the Expertzone thread was closed down because there were so many people trying to scheme to get a part of the site. Also there were a ton of people who kept posting offers for the items that were on clearance. I remember reading through an old thread regarding Expertzone that was closed down for the same reason. I'm glad another CAG was able to snag that clearance Xbox 360. Definitely beats wasting gas attempting to find clearance systems.

YouTube

#3446 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

onPlaystation totally blows away ExpertZone

with that said I won an enormous prize package from EZ a while back, so it was cool but random. Got a free kinect, 2 controllers, and a 320HDD

but I did also win a pulse elite from OP

#3447 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

onPlaystation totally blows away ExpertZone

with that said I won an enormous prize package from EZ a while back, so it was cool but random. Got a free kinect, 2 controllers, and a 320HDD

but I did also win a pulse elite from OP

Yes.  I used to love EZ, but they went more social and contests.  When they jacked up their prices, it became more useful for me to wait for games to drop in price.  Still good deals once in awhile.  OnPlaystation is great.

#3448 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

ExpertZone can be great if you do their Twitter Tuesday/random blog comment giveaways.  I had two years of XBLG and 960MSP sitting in my EZ forum inbox the other day, plus I've won a few games.  The rewards catalog is nowhere near as good as it was circa 2008-2011ish though.  RLS totally blows them out of the water in almost every way.

uc.png

#3449 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Still waiting for my response back to see if I can join rls, lol. I emailed them last week and got this as a reply:

I have it on my agenda. Got to talk to the boss-man. I will get back as quickly as possible.

xivpads.png

#3450 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

ExpertZone can be great if you do their Twitter Tuesday/random blog comment giveaways.  I had two years of XBLG and 960MSP sitting in my EZ forum inbox the other day, plus I've won a few games.  The rewards catalog is nowhere near as good as it was circa 2008-2011ish though.  RLS totally blows them out of the water in almost every way.

Yeah back then RLS was great, it was even better way back before the 360 came out. It was more comparable to RLS then since most things were around $10. But over the years I've won a some free stuff from expertzone. It was always nice randomly winning a game I had no clue was coming. Opening my mail and getting a free copy of Black Ops or Gears of War Judgement.

But RLS this year alone has been awesome to me. Free Soul Sacrifice code, 12 months PSplus and so many crazy good deals. Going to miss it when I leave retail and my last verification runs out.