Photo
- - - - -

The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

• Please log in to reply
1551 replies to this topic

#31 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

i think you can only get points for up to 5 sony products registered (2500 pts max).

#32 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

I'm already registered and I cant seem to get 500 points for registering items. I get emails saying I got the points but cant get them to show up in my account.
If its free, its for me!!

#33 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

I'm already registered and I cant seem to get 500 points for registering items. I get emails saying I got the points but cant get them to show up in my account.

Same here. I'm wondering if my Sony Style account isn't associated with my Sony Rewards account, because it looks like you register the products with Sony Style.

#34 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

I registered 5 products and got the 2,500 points :D

The key is to do step 3 in post #21:

3. Submit your completed form and click on the Join Now button on the bottom right.

You have to click the Join Now button in the bottom right picture after registering each product in order to claim the 500 points (5 times).
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#35 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:41 AM

Jackpot!!

#36 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for the product registration tip. It put me over 10,500 points. I hope Littlebigplanet ends up on the rewards list some day.

#37 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

Jimi Hendrix's apprentice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

I looked all over and cannot find the link to invite 4 friends.

There is no link, it's a pop up............go to the sony main page, and scroll down all the way to the bottom, on the left you will see a sony emblem, now look all the way to the right, there you will see invite a friend.

#38 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

I liked this thread the first time it was posted here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=178010

I guess you want to take the ALL the credit.

I liked that thread too, unfortunately the op did not post all of the info in the main thread, and most of the good info was strung out through multiple pages, too confusing

And yeah, I like getting all of the credit, I'm just rolling in my piles of credit:whee: Sheeeesh try to help people out.......

#39 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the product registration tip. It put me over 10,500 points. I hope Littlebigplanet ends up on the rewards list some day.

Why wait for it to be on the list?, order it over the net from an authorized sony retailer, or run down to the nearest store locally, buy it with your sony card and fill out the purchase credit form, and the total will be deducted from your card.

#40 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

I registered 5 products and got the 2,500 points :D

The key is to do step 3 in post #21:

3. Submit your completed form and click on the Join Now button on the bottom right.

You have to click the Join Now button in the bottom right picture after registering each product in order to claim the 500 points (5 times).

Ahh thank you. I overlooked that key piece of info.

#41 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

i just joined....thanks for the overview

#42 DJHVIDAL

DJHVIDAL

Chillin at GamingInc.net.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

They wouldn't let me go on further for product registration.
Also,Go Here for Gamers to talk about games!

Posted Image

^just click on it for more info!
http://www.goozex.co...dr=548595146802

Help a fellow CAG out and you (and I) will earn 100 points and 1 trade credit when you sign up!Also I get 100 points and 1trade Credits after every positive trade YOU do!Please
help me :applause:Posted Image

#43 DJHVIDAL

DJHVIDAL

Chillin at GamingInc.net.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

I just ordered a ps2 controller.thanks!
Also,Go Here for Gamers to talk about games!

Posted Image

^just click on it for more info!
http://www.goozex.co...dr=548595146802

Help a fellow CAG out and you (and I) will earn 100 points and 1 trade credit when you sign up!Also I get 100 points and 1trade Credits after every positive trade YOU do!Please
help me :applause:Posted Image

#44 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

you know this sounds like a good deal. I'm gonna be back after i reread it a few times to understand.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#45 Tolmes

Tolmes

CAG ADDICT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

Yes, I have to agree...

GREAT Post OP, thanks!

#46 DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane

Former Kanenite

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

They stopped giving me my points for updating my wish list months ago, and its been over a year since I got my card and still haven't received my 5000 free points. I'll call them one of these days. :/

It is my main card I use, my rate is the same as the OP's (although I pay it in full every month so that really doesn't matter to me) but what I really like was the free year end summary. My other cards charge several dollars for one.
Posted Image

#47 Legendbyname

Legendbyname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for this thread! All of the other threads were really confusing. This one makes it al simple

Sitting on 3500 points now. Seems too good to be true, but basically once I get 6000 points I could order Little Big Planet off Amazon with the card, fill out the rebate form and receive the cash back ($60) from my points?

#48 kongfunk

kongfunk

Go Team Venture!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Thanks got 2 $25 Blockbuster cards.

Also https://www.sonyrewa.../communications
is where you can find the 50 points for "your profile questionere"
Posted Image

#49 Archaneus

Archaneus

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already but do the advantages of the Sony Card also apply to the Playstation card? It's not really clear what the difference is between the two.

#50 gildopunk

gildopunk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Sick! Thanks a ton OP, I had some leftover points from a vaio purchase. these free points are full of win!

#51 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already but do the advantages of the Sony Card also apply to the Playstation card? It's not really clear what the difference is between the two.

Try registering to Sony Rewards with the card and see if it goes through.

(You arent too far from me, about 1 hr. Visit the new Sonic they put in last week? We went a couple days after they opened and we cant wait to go back.)

#52 Archaneus

Archaneus

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

I don't have either yet, I am trying to decide which one to register. It doesn't really help me to decide if I have to try it to find out :P.

No, I didn't realize there was a sonic nor have I ever been to one. I don't really get around town much, I'm pretty much always over by Western since that's where I live and attend classes.

#53 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

The Sony and Playstation cards both work for the sonyrewards website. They're basically the same thing since they're both Chase cards.

#54 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

hey i guess the 150 off a ps3 is no more huh?
Posted Image

#55 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:43 AM

this is a good thread...I'll prolly do enough to get a $25 gift card and call it quits,only because I have enough cc debt and have gone towards only using my debit card instead...but if I didn't I would definitely get the Sony CC as well....Good,informative post OP!!!
Posted Image

#56 ejorlando

ejorlando

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:56 AM

Quick question. When I go to the sony rewards site, it looks blank. I didn't know if its just my computer. I will try another one.

#57 CENNY

CENNY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:02 AM

Just want to add my own thanks to the OP for putting all this information together in once place. I already had a Sony card, but I had no idea there's all these different ways to get extra points. Great stuff.

And speaking of my Sony card- did anyone else do the thing in November/December 2008, where if you spend so much on the card they give you 1500 additional free points? I know I spent enough on the card, but I still didn't get my 1500 extra points yet, and so I was wondering if anyone else already got theirs already or if it's taking a while for everyone (by the way, I noticed normally when the chase cards do these extra points promos e.g. get double points when you fill up your car or whatever, they ask you to register/sign up for the deal online, but this promo never asked me to do that...)

#58 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

What's the difference between the Sony Card and the Playstation Card? Also, how is this credit card anyways? How does it compare to, say, bank issued credit cards? Looking to apply for my 2nd credit card :)

EDIT: Apologize for asking the same question, but I just don't get the difference between the 2 cards. Are they basically the same card with different artwork?

Posted Image

#59 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

Custom Title!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

What's the difference between the Sony Card and the Playstation Card? Also, how is this credit card anyways? How does it compare to, say, bank issued credit cards? Looking to apply for my 2nd credit card :)

EDIT: Apologize for asking the same question, but I just don't get the difference between the 2 cards. Are they basically the same card with different artwork?

each card is subject to their own offers.. as of now id wait until there is another ps3 deal or something

#60 equax

equax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for posting this!
Cheap-ass-gamer-student member.