NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Since the last one failed terribly I'm making another league. I'm holding spots open for players from the last league who actually played their games. I'd like to limit this to eight teams and I think we'll be playing each other 3 teams, except there will be one team you only play once, with a four team playoff. The goal for this league would be to play at least two games per week. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'd like to make this have the same settings as the last league, so we will be playing with default sliders (unless someone has a good set) on All Star difficulty. Does anyone remember if we played 6 or 7 minute quarters?

If we are able to get through this I will throw in a prize for the winner. I'm not sure what that is right now, but it will at least be an 800 MS point card.

I'll be taking the Warriors

XXXplosive1 (XXXplosive1) - Pistons
Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Lakers
Immortal Fwd (Immortal Fwd) - Suns
Frankysox (Frankysox) - Warriors
Weavshow - Celtics
-Goodfella- (Juan C) - Cavaliers
MSUHitman (MSUHitman) - Hornets
dudedizzle27 (Foolishpenny) - Rockets

Waiting List:
shinryuu (awwjayzin)
Soodmeg (Soodmeg)
I will send out the league name and password to those on the waiting list on Friday at 10 pm if the league is not full by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we played 7 minute quarters. I was semi-active in the previous league until my 360 got the RRoD. The 360 should come back again this week (aiming for Thursday). I'd normally take the Clippers, but I think I'll be the Thunder this time around.

[quote name='shinryuu']I think we played 7 minute quarters. I was semi-active in the previous league until my 360 got the RRoD. The 360 should come back again this week (aiming for Thursday). I'd normally take the Clippers, but I think I'll be the Thunder this time around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think you had quite a few games in so I'll put you down.

Actually, scratch that I'll be the Clippers again-- I forgot that we'll probably be using the latest rosters so I'm happy with Z-Bo.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Rockets please[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you didn't go with the Heat.

On another note, right now Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis are on reserve on the latest roster update. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add them in my lineup to play with in this league? If not I definitely do not want to be the Warriors. One more team to go.

I was also thinking it would be nice if we had each of the other seven teams on our friend list so it would make it easier to get a hold of each other to play games. It'd also be cool if people traded in this league.

I don't think there is such a thing as an 800 point card, though I may be wrong. I'll join today, though. I don't care about a prize, unless it's your sister. ;)

If people want to add me, request Matt Young 951.

Wow the other one failed? Lame.

I cant believe how bad CAG in general sucks at finishing leagues. I am aware I bailed but it was really really early on because I knew I couldnt finish most of it.

Its almost like Gamefaqs level.

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't think there is such a thing as an 800 point card, though I may be wrong. I'll join today, though. I don't care about a prize, unless it's your sister. ;)

If people want to add me, request Matt Young 951.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they just came out with the 800 point card, I saw one at CC.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/19/800-microsoft-points-cards-hit-retail/

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow the other one failed? Lame.

I cant believe how bad CAG in general sucks at finishing leagues. I am aware I bailed but it was really really early on because I knew I couldnt finish most of it.

Its almost like Gamefaqs level.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's not good, hopefully this one will work though. These are the players who actually played their games from the last league. What's really sad is there were people in there who hadn't played one game, I just don't get it.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I've been participating in CAG leagues since the 2K5 sports games and none of them have ever finished. Well, the NCAA 09 dynasty finished 1 year, but I was forced to drop since my game stopped working.

Hooray for 800 point cards, too.

Give me till Thursday in the afternoon to join because I have finals this week. That should be in the 2 day limit you previously states anyway. Oh and I actually think it'd be awesome if we had a draft but I think we should take a vote from the 8 players though. If not at least trade (they'll be easier with people actually getting on to look at trade proposals.) I'm really looking forward to this! By the way, I didn't take the heat because I'm not to good with my home team in this game but if we have a draft I'll switch to the Heat. Then again, I believe you already made the league.

Well you will be able to join in two days no problem. However I'm not going to delay the deadline once we have everyone, that's already a bad sign your going to have problems playing your game if you can't take five minutes and get online to join the league in a 2 day period. No exceptions, there is no deadline as of now though. Hopefully we will get our last player tonight.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well, I already created it and I think the best way to do this is just use the teams instead of drafting. As history shows it would probably be damn near impossible to have everyone get on at the same time to do a draft.

[quote name='FrankySox']Well you will be able to join in two days no problem. However I'm not going to delay the deadline once we have everyone, that's already a bad sign your going to have problems playing your game if you can't take five minutes and get online to join the league in a 2 day period. No exceptions, there is no deadline as of now though. Hopefully we will get our last player tonight.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well, I already created it and I think the best way to do this is just use the teams instead of drafting. As history shows it would probably be damn near impossible to have everyone get on at the same time to do a draft.[/QUOTE]

Hah, no I just don't have the time I won't be home and if I am I probably won't find the time. But after Thursday which a player had already stated can't sign up until (RROD Clippers - no exceptions ;)) I will be done with classes and can sign up and play. Not to mention, in the old league, I picked up a team which someone ditched and quit and immediately played and won 2 games. So there's no need to worry about my trustworthiness. I will be signed up and ready to go by Thursday which already meets your 2 day deadline.

Yeah nobody traded last time so I'd like to see more of that this time around. I'd definitely be interested in Ray Allen. If you join the league we can start proposing trades anytime from the 2ksports website.

Dudedizzle I wasn't calling you out or anything, I know you'll be able to play because you were pretty easy to get a hold of for a game. And yeah if the RROD guy doesn't get his system back by the deadline, well oh well, we can find other players. I want to get this started right.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Well, I'm obviously an idiot. How do you join the league without an invitation? I tried just going to "Join League" but I couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM with the league name and password. If you still need it let me know.

[quote name='n00bie']I'll play as the Spurs if you need an 8th team.[/QUOTE]

We are good now but if someone doesn't join I'll let you know.

All right everyone is signed up and good to go, everyone needs to be signed up by Friday at 8:00am or else I'll find a replacement. Lets actually have a successful league here at CAG.

Are you going to write up a strict code of ethics and list of rules? If not, we'll have too many cheesers and won't be able to maintain a successful league.

Only FrankySox will get that.

Props to Franky for getting this new league on the right track; keeping the number of teams to a small amount and made up with the group of players that were actively playing their games in the "dead" league. I gotta admit that 20 teams was a bit greedy on my part and the people that were signing up and didn't even show up to play a single game was really disappointing. I had no problems with some of people that dropped out because at least they had the courtesy to let me know that they wanted out.

This new league has the making of being an very active because like I said before, the members were the same that kept the other one alive. Too bad I didn't show up on time to sign up but oh well :( ....I'm rooting for you guys!

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Props to Franky for getting this new league on the right track; keeping the number of teams to a small amount and made up with the group of players that were actively playing their games in the "dead" league. I gotta admit that 20 teams was a bit greedy on my part and the people that were signing up and didn't even show up to play a single game was really disappointing. I had no problems with some of people that dropped out because at least they had the courtesy to let me know that they wanted out.

This new league has the making of being an very active because like I said before, the members were the same that kept the other one alive. Too bad I didn't show up on time to sign up but oh well :( ....I'm rooting for you guys![/QUOTE]

If someone doesn't show up for the deadline on Friday I can sign you up since you were in the last league. I'll keep you up to date. Hopefully there are no problems though.

[quote name='Matt Young']Are you going to write up a strict code of ethics and list of rules? If not, we'll have too many cheesers and won't be able to maintain a successful league.

Only FrankySox will get that.[/QUOTE]

Yes those are all coming after Fridays deadline. I know one of the rules in no more than 10 shots in the paint per quarter and you can only run the 24 second shot clock down to 1 twice in a row. =)

Those are some pretty strict rules. Especially that last one-- I like to run plays and occasionally I'm shut down, thus a couple of buzzer beaters. No more than 10 shots in the paint per quarter, yeah I can do with that.

[quote name='FrankySox']If someone doesn't show up for the deadline on Friday I can sign you up since you were in the last league. I'll keep you up to date. Hopefully there are no problems though.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Thanks.

[quote name='FrankySox']If someone doesn't show up for the deadline on Friday I can sign you up since you were in the last league. I'll keep you up to date. Hopefully there are no problems though.

Yes those are all coming after Fridays deadline. I know one of the rules in no more than 10 shots in the paint per quarter and you can only run the 24 second shot clock down to 1 twice in a row. =)[/quote]

I hope you're joking about the 10 shots in the paint rule. As you know I like to play the inside game with West and Chandler, or drive with CP3, and if you collapse there go to Peja and others outside. I don't like to run up and down the court all the time.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I hope you're joking about the 10 shots in the paint rule. As you know I like to play the inside game with West and Chandler, or drive with CP3, and if you collapse there go to Peja and others outside. I don't like to run up and down the court all the time.[/QUOTE]

Word. I like to play an inside out game with Shaq and Amare.

You know what, I would like to be a part of this league. I have more time this go round.

If you guys would accept me back I would love to join. I still have kinda a crazy schedule but I will make to play.

The Magic is the team I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO... Franky was joking, guys. Like I said, only he would get what I said. I was ripping on how AceFan's NCAA 09 league had a strict code of ethics and regulations. FrankySox would be the last person to put restrictions on his league.

[quote name='rays4champ3']rays4champ3 (sox4champ3)- Hawks[/QUOTE]

Wait... So your Gamertag is Red Sox and your CAG name is Rays? Does not compute.

It won't let me even find the league, much less join, without an invitation.

So how are everyone's franchises going? I'm using the Bulls, and though I haven't played nearly as many games as in, say, my NHL 09 dynasty, I'm loving this so far. Playing 7 minute quarters on All-Star, I'm 16 games in, sitting at 9-7 after a thrilling overtime win in San Antonio. That's good for 1st by 1 game in the division and 4th in the Eastern Conference.

Derrick Rose leads the league in scoring with 23.6 PPG. On the downside, Drew Gooden, playing in only his 6th game of the season after just coming back from a separated shoulder, got the same injury on a loose ball dive and is out another 2-4 weeks, or 5-9 games. He's the Kevin Nash of my team.

[quote name='Matt Young']It won't let me even find the league, much less join, without an invitation.

So how are everyone's franchises going? I'm using the Bulls, and though I haven't played nearly as many games as in, say, my NHL 09 dynasty, I'm loving this so far. Playing 7 minute quarters on All-Star, I'm 16 games in, sitting at 9-7 after a thrilling overtime win in San Antonio. That's good for 1st by 1 game in the division and 4th in the Eastern Conference.

Derrick Rose leads the league in scoring with 23.6 PPG. On the downside, Drew Gooden, playing in only his 6th game of the season after just coming back from a separated shoulder, got the same injury on a loose ball dive and is out another 2-4 weeks, or 5-9 games. He's the Kevin Nash of my team.[/quote]

Are you flipping kidding me I am a guy who plays deep into a franchise mode. And I just got to my 7 year because I kept restarting due to constant roster update. The 2k insider is cool but its making me always want to start the game over again.

Usually by this time I am on my 11 or 12 year.

Anyway, its going great my team is a mix of new and old players but most likely generated players that i edited so that they actually turn out good. Useally I make 3 superstars (clones of Bron Bron, Kobe, T-Mac,ETC) then some niche guys like pure shooters or pure slashers or bangers. That way there is a steady stream of good players coming into the league.

I havent played in a couple days but I know the top score is a made up guy who just dominates. SF averaging just over 30 points. Shit is tight.

I was able to find the league. Go to the league list, hit y to bring up the search, type cagleague2, and it should come up. At least it did for me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I was able to find the league. Go to the league list, hit y to bring up the search, type cagleague2, and it should come up. At least it did for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that worked. I had no idea you could search.

I'll try that now. It never indicated in the game how to search.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Are you flipping kidding me I am a guy who plays deep into a franchise mode. And I just got to my 7 year because I kept restarting due to constant roster update. The 2k insider is cool but its making me always want to start the game over again.

Usually by this time I am on my 11 or 12 year.

Anyway, its going great my team is a mix of new and old players but most likely generated players that i edited so that they actually turn out good. Useally I make 3 superstars (clones of Bron Bron, Kobe, T-Mac,ETC) then some niche guys like pure shooters or pure slashers or bangers. That way there is a steady stream of good players coming into the league.

I havent played in a couple days but I know the top score is a made up guy who just dominates. SF averaging just over 30 points. Shit is tight.[/QUOTE]

Do you play 82 games? Sim any of them? How long of quarters? To play 82 game seasons, even on 5 minute quarters, to that extent must give you little time to play other games. That's fucking dedication. I have too many games, I guess, and not enough of an attention span.

Waiting on Clippers and Rockets, if you're not in by 8 tomorrow morning I'll start sending out passwords for the league to the people on the wait list.

And yes there are no restrictions in this league, just join and play.

XXXXXX CA, US 01/15/2009 11:10 A.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
I guess I won't be able to join the league. I wasn't home, but my brother and my dad were. Way to ignore the UPS guy..

They're rescheduling it for tomorrow. Whatever guys, I'll be a couple of hours and late and I'm getting the boot. =p

[quote name='shinryuu']I guess I won't be able to join the league. I wasn't home, but my brother and my dad were. Way to ignore the UPS guy..

They're rescheduling it for tomorrow. Whatever guys, I'll be a couple of hours and late and I'm getting the boot. =p[/QUOTE]

If you are getting it tomorrow I guess we can wait, but not later than 10pm. I'd like to get this running.

[quote name='shinryuu']I guess I won't be able to join the league. I wasn't home, but my brother and my dad were. Way to ignore the UPS guy..

They're rescheduling it for tomorrow. Whatever guys, I'll be a couple of hours and late and I'm getting the boot. =p[/QUOTE]

Call UPS, as long as it's before 7 PM you can arrange a same day will call pickup. They'll call you when it's back at the local office and you can go pick it up there.

Also, in regards to scheduling, there's something that would work to get us an even 20 games. If we split the league into two divisions, we could play each team within our division four times, and the teams in the other division twice. That'd come to an even 20 games.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll try that now. It never indicated in the game how to search.[/quote]

If you hit X on any of the menus to bring up help, it will scroll the help options where the sports ticker is. I've had to do that on a lot of occasions because everything isn't listed in the manual :bomb:

bread's done
Back