DC Universe Online Thread *Lightning Strikes DLC 12/6/11* Free to play

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#661 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

its not surprising theres always been eletism in gaming on one level or another. its just nerds looking down on other nerds which is funny as shit. dr. seus said it best with the sneeches on the beaches.

#662 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

If anyone wants to hit me up (villain - Nova Pain) for alerts or whatever, feel free. im a level 30, so im mainly concerned w better gear. So if u need better stuff, il do my best to help out.

#663 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Just started as a hero - 7he 7aint. Feel free to add or whatever. I don't have a mic but I'd be down to play with anyone.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#664 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

i cant wait to do some of those gl events but im waiting till i hit 30 and can get the best gear possible. should be there by the end of the week hopefully.

Best of luck I would say since those new alerts are definitely a challenge if you're under geared. Even with T 2.5/3 I still had some slight problems but if you have a good team you'll breeze on through.

Have you guys been reading the official forums over there for the game? Seems like the people who pay for Legendary access are not fond of anyone that's free to play, or even premuim for that matter. Lots of talk about people free to play/premiums ninjaing loot, not wanting to invite anyone to raids or whatever without thoroughly checking that the people they play with are already geared up, everyone must have mics to raid, etc...Not a very welcoming vibe.

Def going to be hard to get good loots for me when I don't own a mic either...

I don't blame them for hating on the free/premiums. Heck, even I can say I have an elitism attitude as well.

Any time new players come in they always seem to ninja loot even if rules were set down already. Happens too often since days long past that you grow jagged ready to chew that players face off.

Now the checking of Gear for raids and such is understandable. I wouldn't want to carry any player on through who's sporting greens & blues since they haven't gone through the struggle of duos/hmas to obtain a few pieces of T1. If you find a league that will help you cool but, often times don't PUG for you'll always get inspected. Plus if its one of the later Raids i.e. BC3, or any of the FOS ones you'll be inspected off the back.

So yeah, of course there's no love for the new people. You just gotta work your way up the ladder to a respectable level.

Then again maybe there should be a CAG League/Legion to help some of ya progress through.

#665 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'm still low-level, but enjoying it pretty well. Playing as a hero named Tarnation on PvE. Currently rocking around Gotham.

#666 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

My character is still in his late teen levels but I got curious and switched to the PVP server. The game has become so much more exciting (so far) when any villain you see can go after you. I managed to barely take down a level 26 last night, I'm sure I was just lucky but he went after me first.

Makes the PVP missions much easier to do as well since you don't have to get permission to battle with a villain. I was stalking some from the roof tops and jumping down on them unexpectedly :lol:

My character is Fire 0pal (the o is a zero) if anyone wants to help me out sometime.

#667 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

added a little bit to the OP about the DLC that should be out tomorrow.

here is also a new video of some of the new bounties where you and a team can take down iconic characters.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#668 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Excuse my ignorance and/or laziness, but what restrictions are placed on the free-to-play version of this game?

#669 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Free to play...

You get 2 character slots, 28 inventory slots, 0 auction slots, 12 bank slots, cannot do any item/money trades, are allowed 1500 cash, 6 text chat messages per 30 seconds, one vault ticket per week, and can join a guild.

The premiums (spend $5 on the game. I already spent $25 on two dlc's and some wearable items) get 6 character slots, 42 inventory slots,
5 auction slots, 24 bank slots, can trade items, are allowed 2000 cash, proximity voice chat and 6 text chat messages per 30 seconds, one vault ticket every 3 days, and can join a guild.
Praxus_07.png

#670 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Too bad I missed the $19.99 DC Universe Online CE at BB or I'd probably hop onto this game.;) But no way in hell am I gonna DL 19gb's of shit.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#671 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Loving this game. Was really annoying dl/ing it, but it's been so worth it. Are trophies retroactive? If I eventually pay for the top-tier access, will I unlock all of the trophies I've earned so far?

#672 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Too bad I missed the $19.99 DC Universe Online CE at BB or I'd probably hop onto this game.;) But no way in hell am I gonna DL 19gb's of shit.:razz:

You'd still download about 19 GB anyway for all the different updates.

#673 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

You'd still download about 19 GB anyway for all the different updates.

I've been downloading for 5 hours and 39 minutes and I am only 48% done. The download speeds are much slower then I would have thought. Still have 7,742 MB left.

I hope this game is good. I haven't played any MMO's since I quit WoW a few years ago.

#674 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am totally addicted to this crap. Now, I know why I have stayed away from MMOs up until now lol

#675 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

Started this up tonight already lvl 10 guessing the next 20 will be pretty long. put down 15.00 for legendary so I can get my trophies.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#676 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

I just finally bought Lightning strikes DLC. Just got done with FOS 2 about two hours ago. I'm surprised that a good amount still play. Not sure about anyone from here though.

#677 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Been playing this for a bit, but barely reached lvl 4 and bro is on lvl 12. We're thinking go just staying as 'free' to play for now but we'll be upgraded to Premium since we each want to buy a dlc pack each. Sucks that you can't share the content on the same ps3. Can we both play together online at the same time? Each of us using separate psn id's of course along with different characters.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#678 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

New DLC announced.

http://www.dcunivers...2&month=current

#679 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

I completely forgot I had this game. Still have my lvl 22 hero and all.

fs.png

#680 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

The new On Duty tab is a little annoying. It's great that you can now queue multiple alerts and then just enter whichever one pops up first, but sometimes, the wait times are beyond insane...

#681 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

Just started playing and bought the Lantern dlc to go premium. Sorry for the old bump just seeing if anyone else still plays.

#682 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I haven't played in a while but I'd certainly be willing to do so.

#683 ThizzianaStoned

ThizzianaStoned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Anybody still play? I still do  :oldman:

#684 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I just started playing but IDK if i will too much longer.  3 of the 5 quests ive done have been "hold Circle on 20 objects" and half of the time it doesnt even count it.   On one of the evil missions where you're supposed to summon 20 demons, I summoned around 35 of them and the ticker only went up when other players (who I was not in parties with) summoned demons.

538822.png

#685 ThizzianaStoned

ThizzianaStoned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

the fun begins once you hit level 30. Raids are the best part.

#686 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I need to get back to this.  I love this game.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#687 redstagl

redstagl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Think my account glitched out, says I have legendary on PS4 but Premium on PS3. I know I have no active subscription, and can access all the DLC. Bought the game when it originally came out and bought the first DLC.

#688 ThizzianaStoned

ThizzianaStoned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

free legendary for 1 month... started last week