CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
yay! listening this evening.

I enjoyed the Rebel FM show quite a bit, gives good insight into what happened

Already 75 seconds in and I've gone from 'holy fuck, that's an awesome burger picture' to Wombat creeping me out. It's a new record!

I don't think Microsoft wants user reviews on their marketplace. Why would you want user reviews on something you control that could potentially hurt sales? I think something Xbox Live needs more than anything else is Clan Support/Group Support. I know people have these Group List Accounts setup, but those are really counter-intuitive since it's basically a version of Friend Codes, requiring a list for each game which gets ignored when the next big thing comes along.

As for Premium Themes, I don't think there'd be a problem with them if they were the price of the old themes, which a lot, if not all of them were discounted when NXE came out (although not a lot).

Wow Cheapy that sucks about your cash. I had a dream last night that I lost my laptop and I woke up in one of those states where I wasn't sure whether it was real or not and I felt sick to my stomach. I guess that is only a fraction of what you feel. I wish I had a thousand dollars to lose. And wombat there are much worse ways you could have pulled a groin and sex on a table is a pretty good one. But my god the image in my head...excuse me, I think I'm going to drink some drano.

I definitely liked RebelFM when I listened to it.

Listening to the podcast right now and it's great so far. A real laugh riot.

Edit: Oh and I've pulled my groin muscle as well, Wombat. Unfortunately it was because I was climbing out of a pool and not catching a significant other in the kitchen. Bravo.

Wombat offends Nick?! CUE DRAMATIC NOISE!

Damn this two part business...and yeah knothole sounded so fucking dissapointing.

EDIT: Mad men is such a fuckin dope show cheapy. I am in awe of every moment Don Draper is on screen just being a total pimp. Not to mention Salvatore is one awesome gay dude.

Less than two minutes into the episode, and I already know why this podcast was titled "Too Much Information!" I would have changed the title, though, by adding two more exclamation points. TMI, Wombat, TMI!

Great episode. Didn't need to know that much about Nick's life, but good nonetheless.

Geez, Wombat and Cheapy have sex everywhere in their house. I bet the whole place would glow under a blacklight.

Oh, and Cheapy wonders why people call him rich. If I had left $900 in the ATM machine I'd be super screwed sideways.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Oh, and Cheapy wonders why people call him rich. If I had left $900 in the ATM machine I'd be super screwed sideways.[/quote]

True that.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I would have been too if I was 22/23 years old like you guys. I'm all growns up now.[/quote]
Whatever baldy.

OK, thoughts about the show. First off I just want to say you guys need to work on your people skills. Everytime you interview people you seem to come off as awkward and a little rude. There's a fine line to walk between being funny and edgy and you guys tend to always come off the wrong way. The interview with Nick (who I like very much) was a waste of time in the hands of you guys. I really like the cagcast but I see now why your viewership numbers are not what you guys hope it could be.
I know that I appear to be a new member but I've been here since the first cast and know what path the series has been on and feel like I can comment on it without coming off as someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

Other thoughts:
Wow Cheapy that sucks about your cash. I had a dream last night that I lost my laptop and I woke up in one of those states where I wasn't sure whether it was real or not and I felt sick to my stomach. I guess that is only a fraction of what you feel. I wish I had a thousand dollars to lose. And wombat there are much worse ways you could have pulled a groin and sex on a table is a pretty good one. But my god the image in my head...excuse me, I think I'm going to drink some drano.
And Mad Men is such a fuckin dope show. I am in awe of every moment Don Draper is on screen just being a total pimp. Not to mention Salvatore is one awesome gay dude.
PS. I do think the two of you have good chemistry and are funny together, it's just with other people like shipwreck and interviews like nick that I think you guys need to work on.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I would have been too if I was 22/23 years old like you guys. I'm all growns up now.[/quote]

Either way 900 bucks is still 900 bucks man.

I think Cheapy is just in the stage of denial of his epic fail.Like that episode of the Simpson where Lisa launches the pig and it's flying thru the air and landing on everything and Homer keeps saying "It's still good,it's still good"

I'm sure the memory will haunt him everytime he goes to the atm. So give the rich guy a break ;)

I agree with Cheapy. The hang-ups on the 360 dashboard are getting pretty freakin' ridiculous. 20-30 seconds each time I hit the guide button. And don't even think about doing it during a game.

And Wombat, dude. You need to warm up before having sex again. Stretch your shit out, or something, man. You need to get some hazard pay.

Lionhead's site says that there are 3 quests in 3 separate dungeons for the Knothold dlc. Keep searching, Cheapy!

if i would of lost 900 dollar i would of been crying 24/7

Great interview with Nick i'm going to miss the 1up Show =(

.......yes NXE is Slow ....... *Assassinated by Bill Gates* X_X

OUch. $900.

Don't the ATMs have a camera in them like here in the US? The camera record who come to machine after you left money. You get image and find person. Get your money back.

And save the Wombat sex stories for the end of the show. Half your audience flip to new show after hearing that story.

Cheapy, please check out www.redtube.com, when you have a moment.

For everyone else, please use caution if you click the link!

I'm amazed that these boys don't get into more trouble for talking about their sexscapades on the podcasts.

I'm sorry that Ship doesn't get more love as a guest.

Congratulations guys, a wonderful return to form with this episode. It makes me think you took my criticisms (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5359467#post5359467) to heart- if so, bravo!

I loved the way you kept the show moving, and the Suttner interview added a bit of life to the show. Please keep the interviews coming! I know it's quite a bit of logistical work, but the efforts are well worth it.

Talking about Afrika, Pixel Junk Eden, and your problems with the NXE was want I wanted to hear.

And Wombat, I am experiencing the same intermittent problems with connecting to live. Two questions: Is the light on your wireless adapter on, when your system doesn't connect? And do you use another (like a surge protector) to completely power off your system?

No way, you must be big ass chainz pimpin' 'cause 900 dollah is still a fucking shitload of space bucks for anyone to lose!

But yeah, new cagcast--yay! Somethin ta listen to at work.

Edit: as far as the reasons Hearst dropped the hammer on the podcasts, I don't think we as outsiders can say exactly why. Certainly, we can't speculate that they bought 1up strictly for the podcasts. It might be fair to say that the Hearst marketing folks really don't know the value or potential for the podcasts or care what the individuals who produce and star in podcasts mean to the existing listener base, but I'm pretty sure they "ran the numbers" and made their decisions based on some kind of financial analysis and business model. I mean, you've got to when you invest millions of dollars on anything.

Edit2: thank god I played the part of Knothole Island before you spoilered it in the show. -_-

Edit3: shit wombat is farther in Fallout 3 than me and I've had the game almost since launch. :(

Edit4: i don't know if Sony's financial problems will necessarily have a negative impact on PS3/PSP. Those are big brand, focused product lines for the company and they have to fund those divisions.

Cheapy, wow, that's a lot of money for your wallet. let's just hope you don't get mugged by a CAGcast listerner in Japan. :p

Wombat, i'm shocked about your pulled groin story. it's usually Cheapy that would reveal that information. ;)

[quote name='shieryda']
I'm sorry that Ship doesn't get more love as a guest.[/QUOTE]

No need to worry about me. I got plenty of love despite the fact Cheapy decided to read those glowing comments about me on the show. He's a bastard like that. :)

Great show, I really enjoyed the “inside baseball” aspect of Nick’s interview. (Although he kind of mumbles). My question was very tongue-in-cheek and not sure that came across.

Nice relatable podcast.
Wombat: I actually pulled my achilles tendon during sex with my wife. Unfortunately it was a few weeks before a half marathon and could run as well as I wanted.

CheapyD: I understand the whole podcast jealousy thing. I have a podcast about running going on 3 years. Every time I hear about another running podcast getting an advertiser or publicity, I feel the burn. Even though I know most of my “competitors” and they are great people.

Hey guys,

One of your best shows in a long time, a little personal stuff, some bad and good luck but mostly bad :p, fun games industrie stories and an interview.
That is how the CAGcast should be! :)
Great work.

But DAMMM 900$ USD, I dont care if you are 8 or 88 that is a lot of money :(
+
The sex and other stories about old E3 and stuff that is great mix that is what the CAGcast makes the CAGcast (that is a lame line) anyway keep it up and hopfully someone of you 2 will care about pc gaming, Mirror's Edge on the pc is the best version :p.

[quote name='shipwreck']No need to worry about me. I got plenty of love despite the fact Cheapy decided to read those glowing comments about me on the show. He's a bastard like that. :)[/quote]

i want you in every single CAGcast, if possible.

Wow 900 dollars Cheapy? Every time I withdraw money I make sure to be paying full attention

Take it as a lesson man!

Hey Wombat when you pulled your groin how did your wife react? Was she angry? relieved?

:p

Oh my god $800 what the hell were you listing to? Bet it wasn't worth it......
Stupid fool!

Keep up the good work

To be completely honest, I'm utterly sick of hearing about the 1up crew losing their gig... it's on just about every single gaming website and podcast.

That's fine if you were a fan of it and are disappointed that it doesn't exist the way it used to, but I mean seriously - people have sent them $12g in donations for getting laid off from a job where they could essentially do whatever they want whenever they want? It seems like people are crying a river over something that just isn't that significant. It's become too big of a deal.

:whee:

Sorry - had to vent, I just can't believe people are so sad for a group of frat boys.

Also wanted to say that was an excellent ending to the podcast "I think we just did one"

The interview was good, and RockSolidAudio was a good sport about it. Wombat probably didn't mean to come off like a douche, but that is how it sounded.

Great show Cheapy and Wombat! Nick Suttner was great as a guest. Wombat and Cheapy's stories keep escalating in their disgustingness and awesomeness (though nothing can beat the Drunk Pizza Guy!)

Though the best part of the episode for me was the very begining with the opening song by Justice (One of my favorite music acts), which started the episode strong for me!

If I lost $900, I'd have to just write it off and not let it ruin my week. Id just pretend to enjoy my new imaginary TV or something.

My wife, on the other hand.... well I don't even want to think about her reaction.

I'm 32 and while we wouldn't be screwed, there'd be some drama.

[quote name='kashwashwa']To be completely honest, I'm utterly sick of hearing about the 1up crew losing their gig... it's on just about every single gaming website and podcast.

That's fine if you were a fan of it and are disappointed that it doesn't exist the way it used to, but I mean seriously - people have sent them $12g in donations for getting laid off from a job where they could essentially do whatever they want whenever they want? It seems like people are crying a river over something that just isn't that significant. It's become too big of a deal.

:whee:

Sorry - had to vent, I just can't believe people are so sad for a group of frat boys.
[/quote]

First of all people aren't sending them money for being laid off, people are donating money to help them get their new project and website off the ground and running. Secondly, EGM closing is actually very significant. It was one of the pioneers of gaming publications. Many of us grew up with magazines like EGM being our main source of gaming news and reviews. Thirdly, the former 1UP employees weren't just a bunch of frat boy losers who could do whatever they wanted. They were people working a job like everyone else. They had deadlines to make and standards to uphold just like all other employees.

When people listen to podcasts regularly (if they are like me) they kind of develop a relationship of sorts with the cast and the people involved with the shows. I loved listening to GFW Radio and 1UP Yours, it was a highlight of my day. Not having that anymore really sucks. The same thing applies to the Cagcast, how would you react if tomorrow you found out that the cagcast was over, gone forever without a send-off show or anything? This whole situation is bad for everyone who gave a shit about any of this stuff. Talking about it with other people who feel the same is a good way to help deal with it all.

[quote name='cgarb84']First of all people aren't sending them money for being laid off, people are donating money to help them get their new project and website off the ground and running. Secondly, EGM closing is actually very significant. It was one of the pioneers of gaming publications. Many of us grew up with magazines like EGM being our main source of gaming news and reviews. Thirdly, the former 1UP employees weren't just a bunch of frat boy losers who could do whatever they wanted. They were people working a job like everyone else. They had deadlines to make and standards to uphold just like all other employees.

When people listen to podcasts regularly (if they are like me) they kind of develop a relationship of sorts with the cast and the people involved with the shows. I loved listening to GFW Radio and 1UP Yours, it was a highlight of my day. Not having that anymore really sucks. The same thing applies to the Cagcast, how would you react if tomorrow you found out that the cagcast was over, gone forever without a send-off show or anything? This whole situation is bad for everyone who gave a shit about any of this stuff. Talking about it with other people who feel the same is a good way to help deal with it all.[/quote]

perfectly said. bravo. :applause:

The show really lives up to its title. Periods, groin pulls, orgasm comparisons, drug deals...good stuff, hilarious as always :lol:

The interview with Nick was insightful and I wouldn't mind hearing more interviews like that in the future. Maybe Cheapy could find a random hardcore Japanese gamer on the streets of Akihabara to give us insight into the Japanese gamer's mind.

WOW on the bus today laughed out loud to the groin pull story, nearly did a spit take with my drink. Thanks Wombat, on the kitchen table, seriously you invite people over to eat off that thing.

[quote name='cgarb84']

When people listen to podcasts regularly (if they are like me) they kind of develop a relationship of sorts with the cast and the people involved with the shows. I loved listening to GFW Radio and 1UP Yours, it was a highlight of my day. Not having that anymore really sucks. The same thing applies to the Cagcast, how would you react if tomorrow you found out that the cagcast was over, gone forever without a send-off show or anything? This whole situation is bad for everyone who gave a shit about any of this stuff. Talking about it with other people who feel the same is a good way to help deal with it all.[/QUOTE]

If Cagcast went away my life would continue like normal. If you've been a podcast listener for any amount of time and are over the age of 13, you realize shows come and go. Yeah, it sucks but I agree people are taking it a bit too far.

EGM closing is another matter. That deserves the attention.

p.s. Sounds like you need to have better days.

bread's done
Back