[Canada] Best Buy: Starcraft II Collector's Edition Pre-Order - $69.99 (Reg. $99.99)

Any idea what are the extras?
On a side note, are we even sure that it isn't futureshop who is overcharging for the CE?

I think the point of pre-ordering is to lock-in the $69.99 sale price. I'm with thelostdude, any idea what the extras are? I don't even have a good enough PC to run StarCraft 2 (most likely) but I'd still buy this if the extras are worth it.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I think the point of pre-ordering is to lock-in the $69.99 sale price. I'm with thelostdude, any idea what the extras are? I don't even have a good enough PC to run StarCraft 2 (most likely) but I'd still buy this if the extras are worth it.[/quote]

*Price and release date have not yet been finalized and are subject to change without notice.
I don't see anything about how this is a guaranteed price, but it does mention that. Other pre-orders sometimes mention date subject to change but I haven't seen Best Buy say that price could change.

I'm not preordering if this is already posted on RFD.. The chances of getting it now is slim to none

Guess I'll be standing in line at the midnight launch with the WoW crowd

[quote name='Corizzle']I don't see anything about how this is a guaranteed price, but it does mention that. Other pre-orders sometimes mention date subject to change but I haven't seen Best Buy say that price could change.[/quote]
When I pre-ordered Halo 2 back in the day, I managed to get it for $10 cheaper than normal due to a discount on the P.O. price. You've got nothing to lose by pre-ordering now; Either they honour the price and you get a deal, or they change the price and you can just cancel it.

Yeah, just cancel if they try to charge you more. If they do try to charge you more, they'll usually cancel for you actually.

Blizzard CEs are always good. Check out the WoW ones.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I don't even think a Starcraft II Collector's Edition even exists (yet)[/quote]
You're right. It hasn't even been announced yet by blizzard.

[quote name='thelostdude']You're right. It hasn't even been announced yet by blizzard.[/quote]
It's inevitable though, all of their games since Warcraft III have had awesome collector's editions.

nothing's been confirmed as we don't even know if a Collector's Edition even exists (although as said before one can say it's inevitable)

[quote name='Oktoberfest']nothing's been confirmed as we don't even know if a Collector's Edition even exists (although as said before one can say it's inevitable)[/quote]

With the collective boner the WoW nerds got for the Lich King CE it's gonna happen, but my real concern is; are they gonna shaft the fans by releasing three different faction CEs? Or are they gonna be releasing MORE (3 different races, then one BIG 3-race box, then a FOURTH RACE! dun dun duuuuuuun!).

I hope a toy is involved :D I want them toys.

I click on the shipping and I picked the $1.99 ground. After I go thru the process, it starts charging me $15 shipping. What the?

Update:

Dunno why. After I cancel the order and re-process the order, it shows the correct amount. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kathos']With the collective boner the WoW nerds got for the Lich King CE it's gonna happen, but my real concern is; are they gonna shaft the fans by releasing three different faction CEs? Or are they gonna be releasing MORE (3 different races, then one BIG 3-race box, then a FOURTH RACE! dun dun duuuuuuun!).

I hope a toy is involved :D I want them toys.[/quote]
Activision-Blizzard.

Answer your question?

[quote name='Firestorm']Activision-Blizzard.

Answer your question?[/quote]

So... what? Starcraft 2 Modern Terran Warfare Aerosmith Ed. feat. Bam Margera?

Same for me. It was a great deal, 69.99$ for the collector and the beta key. So happy that I didn't hesitate 15 months ago to place the order :lol:. I don't remember having pre-ordered a game that early before the release.

[quote name='titanium']Same for me. It was a great deal, 69.99$ for the collector and the beta key. So I happy that I didn't hesitate 15 months ago to place the order :lol:. I don't remember having pre-ordered a game that early before the release.[/QUOTE]

It was funny too, how many people were just complaining about the deal when I first posted it. They all thought that would be the regular cost anyways...silly people...Blizzard will never release a CE for less than $100 after their success with WoW.

YESSS anyone else still held on and has theirs shipppped? GG ... now just to guard the front door and not let them pull a purolater ninja stealth shenanigans... they just show up dont knock and leave you a nice slip so you can pick up at their depot :*( even though you been waitin on them for the day

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Why pre-order, there should be tons of them when the game actually comes out.[/QUOTE]

With Blizzard games it's different, the collectors' are scarce (compared to console games) and when they're gone they're gone. Of course there's always a few stores that still have them but if you go on eBay the collectors' for their WoW games go for $150 or so (or higher I checked waaaaay back).

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']YESSS anyone else still held on and has theirs shipppped? GG ... now just to guard the front door and not let them pull a purolater ninja stealth shenanigans... they just show up dont knock and leave you a nice slip so you can pick up at their depot :*( even though you been waitin on them for the day[/QUOTE]

I've had them do that too. For important stuff I even have to leave a note that I'm in the back yard with the kids please come around to the back.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I've had them do that too. For important stuff I even have to leave a note that I'm in the back yard with the kids please come around to the back.[/QUOTE]
hehe wow good thinking! i wonder when itll get here already lagging behind those midnite launchers with their gaming mouse bonussss noooo lol wooooooo yeah baby delivery arrived oh mama its finalyl herererere!!!!

bread's done
Back