A Wii version of Geist?

jonnyflash

CAGiversary!
I just got Geist for the gamecube from callmesteam and finished playing it through the other night. I found it to be a really interesting but highly flawed game, but I think that it could be really done well if they re-made it, or made a sequel on the Wii.

Things I liked:

Combat: the possessing a guard, running amuck, getting killed and then possessing someone else worked great and was tons of fun, but it was small part of the gameplay. The multiplayer worked well too, although the bit where you have to possess guards and control them against their will was really hard.

Story: A cool backstory was hinted at throughout the game, with lots of big, epic elements. It was just presented really poorly.

Possession: possessing various inanimate objects or animals was lots of fun, even if the puzzles were really simple.

Time manipulation: time went super-slow when you were a ghost, which put lots of cool abilities to jump between different hosts.

Things I hated:

Ghost controls/controls in general: really sloppy, ghost controls were awful.

Boss battles: for a game that is puzzle based, the boss battles are hard as hell. Doesn't help that the controls are crap.

Music: just terrible.

I would love to see a sequel to this done more as a straight up shooter, with more of the combat against other ghosts that appears at then very end of the game. Leave the puzzles to Metroid, make this the action game.

Lots of GC games would be good remakes. It's why they're remaking so many.
I agree that a Geist remake might make it a better game, but since it didn't sell well to begin with, it'll probably never happen.

I think I'd rather have Jedi Outcast before Geist, though.

Wasn't Geist supposed to be a Gamecube launch game? I seem to remember a hype-ning close to Red Steelishness way back then.

A re-make would be terrible! The original had some great ideas, but is deeply flawed.

I want to see a full-on sequel, preferably made by a team that actually has some FPS design experience.

^^^^
I agree, though if the game did have IR aiming it would make some of the battle a lot easier.

If this wasn't a Nintendo game, then it probably would be remade. Any other company would be happy with whatever sales they can get. Nintendo knows this was not a good game; it's dead!

[quote name='bmulligan']Wasn't Geist supposed to be a Gamecube launch game? I seem to remember a hype-ning close to Red Steelishness way back then.[/quote]
According to Wikipedia it was announced at E3 2003 so I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to be a launch game.

I've never played Geist, though if it were to come out for the New Play Control lineup I would almost certainly buy it.

As embarrassing as it is, I have to admit that I can't seem to beat Cord. I curse the control scheme every time. I think it's the dual analog thing that trips me up. I get that you have to blow up the grenades, but that bastard just lays into you with his gun and I feel like I'm navigating a rusty shopping cart when I try to maneuver around.

Can someone come over to my house and get me past this level? Haha... I'm only half joking!

bread's done
Back