Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Weekly Ad 01/23-01/29 w/ coupon: 20% off any used 360 Games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

#31 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Time to go back and get that Oblivion GOTY Limited edition. I just want the coin.
Posted Image

#32 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Well damn...guess I have to find a way to keep these Wii games. I bought ToSymphonia 2 as well as Sam & Max while passing through some of the only places in my area of NC that had them used, and the 7-day period is up tomorrow.

I wonder if I could return/rebuy tomorrow using the 10% off coupon, and then take them back next week (hopefully) using the 20% Wii coupon.

#33 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

I just noticed today when I picked up a few games that as long as you pay with credit you dont have to pay tax. This makes a big difference when buying a few of the more expensive games.

#34 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

I just noticed today when I picked up a few games that as long as you pay with credit you dont have to pay tax. This makes a big difference when buying a few of the more expensive games.

That's bull. You still have to pay tax.

#35 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Not in all states. Mine is a state if you pay with GS credit and completely cover the cost with the GS credit, no taxes. Even if you don't cover the full amount, you only have to pay tax on the amount not covered. Definitely nice.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#36 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

That's bull. You still have to pay tax.

Thats the same thing I said to the GS employee today when i bought Eternal Sonata. He told me the total was 41.xx. I looked at him like what are you talkin about:hot: I then said I was paying with credit. The total came up to $38.49 as long as the credit covered the cost. good deal8-)

#37 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Not in all states. Mine is a state if you pay with GS credit and completely cover the cost with the GS credit, no taxes. Even if you don't cover the full amount, you only have to pay tax on the amount not covered. Definitely nice.

Well Fuck. You have you pay taxes in Nevada. :bomb::bomb:

#38 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

Thanks! I think I'll get Left 4 Dead. I hear that's good :-P

I'm with ya!
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#39 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

any thoughts on whether Far Cry 2 is worth the $25 or so that it'd be with the coupon?
Posted Image

#40 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

might pick up left 4 dead this weekend.

#41 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

Damn Mass Effect is just $10.49 after 20% and edge! You think it worth to pick it up now or wait for the rumored 2-disc version coming out next month?

How about Sega Superstars Tennis? Any good? I have Virtua Tennis 3 on my backlog. Is the game play similar? Would it be worth it to pick it up for $6.99?

#42 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

NBA 2K9 here I come.

#43 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

any thoughts on whether Far Cry 2 is worth the $25 or so that it'd be with the coupon?

I personally hated the game... I had it and traded it in the very next day. However, I heard it is 100x better for PC and PS3 than it is for 360. The gameplay was just repetitive and boring for 360 and the online multiplayer made me want to kick over a magazine rack.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#44 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

are there any 360 game deals (whether the game is rare or underpriced) that are good deals w/the 20% off coupon?

Reason I ask is cause I have ran out of inventory flipping stuff and always curious for new goods. :)

#45 Dissolve

Dissolve

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

I have Far Cry 2 for PS3 and its tied with Valkyria Chronicles for my personal Game of the Year.

Some people can't deal with the repetitiveness and some can. I found it quite fun to take on every enemy encounter (and there were MANY) in a new and different way. You can go stealth with a silenced gun, use rockets, blast them head-on with shotguns, mow them down with a jeep, throw grenades, light the grass and trees around them on fire and watch them run around on fire.

Each encounter you get better and more efficient. If you just accept the fact that this game exists simply to give you a bunch of manned areas throughout Africa to test your ability to take everyone out using DOZENS and DOZENS and DOZENS of weapons and a nice collection of vehicles, then you'll have a blast.

It's all about experimenting and trying new ways to take out enemies.

#46 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

Damn Mass Effect is just $10.49 after 20% and edge! You think it worth to pick it up now or wait for the rumored 2-disc version coming out next month?

How about Sega Superstars Tennis? Any good? I have Virtua Tennis 3 on my backlog. Is the game play similar? Would it be worth it to pick it up for $6.99?

In terms of Mass Effect, the DLC that is included in the 2-disc edition (and there's nothing rumored about it) is worth $5 itself, so you may want to bear that in mind.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#47 Dissolve

Dissolve

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

I'm considering picking up some cheap RPGs and I don't even have a 360 yet!

#48 rise_above

rise_above

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

when i click on the link it says "bad request"

anyone else getting that?

#49 Dissolve

Dissolve

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, same here. I just printed the image posted in the thread though.

#50 rise_above

rise_above

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

iam so glad a held off using that gamestop giftcard.

#51 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

Gears 2 (and maybe Infinite Unduscovery) here I come!

#52 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

when i click on the link it says "bad request"

anyone else getting that?

The link is for the ad. The way CAG does the affiliate links doesn't like the direct link to the PDF.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#53 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

sega superstars tennis wasnt that good, infact i didnt like it much at all, it gets boring after 20 minutes

#54 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Damn, I just bought Prince of Persia today, thanks for the coupon OP!

#55 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

NBA 2K9 here I come.

Has anyone successfully used the $10 off coupon for 2k games to buy a used copy of nba 2k9? I know it says you can't use it for used games, that's not what I'm asking.
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#56 jello44

jello44

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Thinking of getting PoP and something else, not sure what I really want though.

#57 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Has anyone successfully used the $10 off coupon for 2k games to buy a used copy of nba 2k9? I know it says you can't use it for used games, that's not what I'm asking.

What are you asking then?

Thinking of getting PoP and something else, not sure what I really want though.

I recommend it, even though I only played for about 30 minutes. I got about +100 gamerscore from doing the first part of the game, and it was pretty fun.

#58 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

In terms of Mass Effect, the DLC that is included in the 2-disc edition (and there's nothing rumored about it) is worth $5 itself, so you may want to bear that in mind.

Yep found it.
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=73790

The cover "IT BURNS!":hot:

sega superstars tennis wasnt that good, infact i didnt like it much at all, it gets boring after 20 minutes

Thanks.

#59 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

Well it looks like I will going to pick up a few things.

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

What are some hidden newer releases that might be worth picking up.

#60 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

I really want to pick up Tomb Raider Underworld, but I can't keep my CAG senses from telling me it'll be $35 used in a month or two.. then waiting for another 20% coupon would be better..

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC