Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Weekly Ad 01/23-01/29 w/ coupon: 20% off any used 360 Games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

#61 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

I personally hated the game... I had it and traded it in the very next day. However, I heard it is 100x better for PC and PS3 than it is for 360. The gameplay was just repetitive and boring for 360 and the online multiplayer made me want to kick over a magazine rack.

The PS3 version is exactly the same as the 360 one, and the PC version is too, except for having potentially better graphics. And it's an excellent, excellent game. Far Cry 2 was one of my favorites of last year. If you have a little patience, you'll love it.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#62 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Well crap, I was hoping to quit spending so much money on games for a while. Really can't exactly afford it, but I'll save money on car insurance...by not having any :whee:

Edited by pwnthee, 23 January 2009 - 01:22 AM.
to add a lame smiley, yep

#63 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

I never got around to returning the copy of Burnout Paradise I bought last week. Dammit.

I've got $55 in credit leftover and nothing on the horizon I want. Hopefully I can track down a copy of Banjo.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#64 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

any thoughts on whether Far Cry 2 is worth the $25 or so that it'd be with the coupon?

I was going to go for the same thing...but the BASTARDS marked it back up to 54.99 used per the website !:bomb:

Every freaking time GS does these inflations when a coupon comes out.

Currently playing:

Battlefield 3

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

My Strategy Guide TradeList

#65 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

Might just pick up Dark Sector and Mercs 2 with this. I'd consider Prince of Persia, but it was raised back to $55 (I know it was temporary, buit the $35 used price did last a few days longer). Times like this made me wish I had an Edge card :bomb:

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#66 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:58 AM

Might just pick up Dark Sector and Mercs 2 with this. I'd consider Prince of Persia, but it was raised back to $55 (I know it was temporary, buit the $35 used price did last a few days longer). Times like this made me wish I had an Edge card :bomb:

In-store the used prices on the Ubi games are still 34.99. So you might still have a chance come tomorrow. Also, Mercs 2 isn't a bad pick up for less than $20 before tax, although it can also be bought new at Blockbuster/Gamerush for 19.99.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#67 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

In-store the used prices on the Ubi games are still 34.99. So you might still have a chance come tomorrow. Also, Mercs 2 isn't a bad pick up for less than $20 before tax, although it can also be bought new at Blockbuster/Gamerush for 19.99.

Oh, sweet, thanks! Going to go for PoP then, and all the BBV around me do not have any Gamerushes, so no good game selection >_< Might go for Mercs 2 with 20% then.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#68 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

I was going to go for the same thing...but the BASTARDS marked it back up to 54.99 used per the website !:bomb:

whoa!!! i was just at gamestop this afternoon and it was marked at $34.99 :bomb:
Posted Image

#69 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

It's not really inflation when that was always the regular price it was marked at 34.99 for close to a month as a promo.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#70 burbs1989

burbs1989

Pardon my glove......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Check the GS website on Dark Sector - new is $9.99, used is $12.99, more Gamestop weirdness......if you want a scratch free game, I suggest getting it new, seeing as it is only 90 cents more than used compared if you purchase used with coupon+edge card.

#71 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

Since Fracture dropped to $17.99 used I guess I'll pick up a copy now with the coupon.

#72 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

For peeps looking to cash out credit, Beautiful Katamari and Cabela's Big Game Hunter look like good Amazon fodder.

#73 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

Is Final Fantasy III for DS any good?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

Thinking about picking up Tales of Vesperia, What would your opinion be? I kind of want to spring for a 120gig hard drive but i want tales of vesperia also. TOV is still 54.99 at gamestop so its not that great of a price. I would be able to pick up the 120gig hard drive with the 20% off coupon so thats probably the cheapest I would be able to grab that for awhile.

#75 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

whoa!!! i was just at gamestop this afternoon and it was marked at $34.99 :bomb:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr god dammit I was afraid of them doing this

DAMN YOU!:bomb:

ITS 54.99 now:bomb::bomb::bomb:

#76 Jiggadabaptist

Jiggadabaptist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:59 AM

Is Final Fantasy III for DS any good?

Nice game, but I found it extremely difficult. The 1st major master killed me like 5 times, and it's not like you can do a whole bunch of leveling up in the 1st hour or so of the game.

FF III is a much more old school game, with out a lot of the modern things that that series has since gone on to include.

#77 ironman206

ironman206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

Didn't these coupons used to be 30% off last year?

#78 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

I might pick up some cheapies like Fracture and Prey

#79 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

25%
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#80 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

are there any 360 game deals (whether the game is rare or underpriced) that are good deals w/the 20% off coupon?

Reason I ask is cause I have ran out of inventory flipping stuff and always curious for new goods. :)

I recommend getting Bully: Scholarship Edition, it's already $18 used so it wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

Nothing for me, though. I've already got Bully on the wii. :bouncy:

#81 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

The current-gen were 25% off last year, except around the last 3-4 months of the year they dropped to 20% off. Different theories on why, no real answers.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#82 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:23 AM

I'll prolly pick up Incredible Hulk for under $20 with this....
Posted Image

#83 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

damnit. i have to wait another week for the wii coupon.

Posted Image

#84 MrXpress

MrXpress

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

Ugh, I just bought 2 used 360 games a couple days ago, since I couldn't find anything to use the 20% PS3 coupon on. I'm guessing they wouldn't react too kindly to me showing up with receipt and coupon and saying 'hay give me 20% kthnx'

Probably for the better, since my backlog is approaching historic levels.

#85 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

I do it often, as long as it's within 7 days, return and rebuy with the coupon. You have to have the games with you though and the receipt.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#86 omg itz adam

omg itz adam

CHIP NOOOO!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

whats the ubisoft promo everyone is talking about?

#87 J7.

J7.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

Damn Mass Effect is just $10.49 after 20% and edge! You think it worth to pick it up now or wait for the rumored 2-disc version coming out next month?

Mass Effect will be the MGS2 of this generation, in the used price regard.

#88 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

Mass Effect will be the MGS2 of this generation, in the used price regard.

What do u mean?
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#89 J7.

J7.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:35 AM

What do u mean?

MGS2 became super cheap at Gamestop for many years hovering between like $3-$8 I think, while being a superb game. Merely because of high supply and later upgraded releases of the game - just like Mass Effect now, which will get very cheap in the next years. Here are some recommendations all under $20 currently. Might add more expensive titles later.

Splinter Cell DA $10
CO2:GOTY 10
PGR3 8
Quake 4 10
GRAW 10
Prey 8
Table Tennis 10
Ridge Racer 6 10
Madden 07 4
Assassins Creed 18
COD3 13
Dead Rising 18
Crackdown 13
Mass Effect 15 (2 disc ver coming soon though)
Forza 2 13
Rainbow 6 vegas 15
Fight night r3 18
Fear 17
Nfs mw 20
Saints row 18
Lost planet 13
Burnout paradise 18
Condemned 13
Graw 2 18
Bully 18
Hitman bm 20
Half life 2 ob 18
Turok 20
Condemned 2 18
Beautiful katamari 18
Tomb raider legend 15
Blue dragon 18
Far cry instincts predator 18
Burnout revenge 20
Stranglehold 18
Culdcept saga 18
Fracture 18
Flatout ultimate carnage 18
Sega rally revo 20

#90 msuna

msuna

McLovin fears Doomtall!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:50 AM

good list j7. i was so thinking of mass effect. how can i go wrong for 10.50. even with a 2 disc version coming. Might pick up assassins creed now and or orange box. Ugh Do I or don't i get mass effect.

Edited by msuna, 23 January 2009 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image