EB Games-10$ each - TheClub, UniverseAtWar, AloneInTheDark (xbox 360)

charleytony

CAGiversary!
I just passed by the EB Games near where I work to buy Skate 2 and I saw all those titles for 9.99$ ! And the best part is that they are all brand new !

Alone in the dark (xbox 360) 9.99$ NEW !
The Club (xbox 360) 9.99$ NEW !
Universe at War: Earth Assault 9.99$ NEW !

Someone in the comments added this:

Condemned Criminal Origins (xbox 360) 6.99 (is it new or old ?)

Those might not be the hottest games in the world right now but can you beat this price for a new game that used to be 60$ when it came out ?
I also went to my local EB Games to see if all this wasnt a fluke and sure enough they were all there and they were the same price.

I did rent the Club when it came out, I liked it but at 60$ there was no way I was going to buy it. That game actually has a 76% metacritic score...
Universe at War got a 66% and Alone in the Dark got a 58% on the same site.

Last edited by a moderator:
in addition to his defense, if you walk into that thread and start reading comments your brain might shut down and cease to exist, when did CAG go to hell with all these stupid posters?

That's why I rarely start threads, that other one only had in the title guitar hero and rockband. Come on and cut me some slack here !!!
You might also want to note that I got a PM from someone to tell me that the deal was not valid in the state of Virginia... Last time I checked this was a Canadian forum !
LOL

This thread is completely legit and sending him to a thread with a totally opposite title and OP is ludicrous. The guy is informing the greater majority of a deal that some people may not have seen (because I sure didn't!). Like he said, cut him some slack. Good job on posting the deal dude.

I also applaud your post, thank you. Multiple thread worries shouldn't be the primary concern of folks here. I too didn't scour the pages upon pages of comments on games I don't care about.

Also, charleytony if you like you could add Condemned 1 for 360 to your post. It is 6.99 at EB - craziness! It is a pretty cool game if you like marauding the sewers beating psychotic hobos with pipes whilst searching for mutilated pigeons.
And who wouldn't like that shit?

I stumbled across some new deals at EB today and thought I would pass the information on (despite the crazy RFD thread):
1) The Club PS3 is now $9.89 New as well.
2) Quake Wars Enemy Territory (both PS3 and 360) is now 9.89 New

And from the RFD thread:
NHL 2k8 (PS3) is 4.89 New and Used (weird I know).
Also, I found the nyko frontman wireless guitar (ps3) for $15.00 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith for 4.99 (ps3 used).

[quote name='arsamore']Also, I found the nyko frontman wireless guitar (ps3) for $15.00[/quote]

Is this the Nyko pictured below with GH/RB compatibility and the pink faceplate?

31l8dQHyWxL._AA280_.jpg

If so, WOW, $15. I remember buying it when it came out for $60. It's a pretty good guitar, more similar to the GH guitars than the RB style.

Word of advice if anyone buys it: the included USB charge cable is long but fricking useless, it doesn't seem charge my guitar or even work as a USB cable at all :whistle2:?

Other than that, great deal!

[quote name='arsamore']I stumbled across some new deals at EB today and thought I would pass the information on (despite the crazy RFD thread):
1) The Club PS3 is now $9.89 New as well.
2) Quake Wars Enemy Territory (both PS3 and 360) is now 9.89 New[/quote]

Quake Wars, eh? Damn... if I head out to the mall I'll have to see if they've got a copy of that.

[quote name='craig64']Quake Wars, eh? Damn... if I head out to the mall I'll have to see if they've got a copy of that.[/quote]

Better hurry for QW, RFD has reported it has a high TIV...

FS TIVs (01/24 5pmET)

The Club PS3 - $6
Quake Wars Enemy Territory 360/PS3 - $18/$22.80

PS3 blacksite, superstar tennis, dark sector, wii alone after dark

probably no trade in value for those, so safe from the hoarders.

hmm no one will want them to play either, alone dark - Critic Score 3.9

[quote name='zoro69']PS3 blacksite, superstar tennis, dark sector, wii alone after dark

probably no trade in value for those, so safe from the hoarders.

hmm no one will want them to play either, alone dark - Critic Score 3.9[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to understand your post. You're saying Alone IN THE Dark for the Wii is 9.89$ too?

I'll get it at that price, just to see for myself how bad it really is.

anything under 10$ is almost an automatic buy for me. Its really close to the price or a rental !
Since you get to keep it or can give it to a friend (or enemy if its that bad) it's basically a no brainer !

[quote name='charleytony']anything under 10$ is almost an automatic buy for me. Its really close to the price or a rental !
Since you get to keep it or can give it to a friend (or enemy if its that bad) it's basically a no brainer ![/quote]

lol, enemy, that'll show him to mess with you,

if the deal is still on, ganna go this week to pick up

GHA PS3
Quake Wars PS3
....and Haze. gotta try out that game.

...is it really that sickening?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']lol, enemy, that'll show him to mess with you,

if the deal is still on, ganna go this week to pick up

GHA PS3
Quake Wars PS3
....and Haze. gotta try out that game.

...is it really that sickening?[/quote]
I actually thought that Haze was an alright game, plus you can play multiplayer with bots, so that is an added bonus.

Also Alone in the Dark for 360 went back up and also Guitar Hero Aerosmith went back up. Those were the new copies that went up, don't know about the used copies though.

[quote name='zeze']I actually thought that Haze was an alright game, plus you can play multiplayer with bots, so that is an added bonus.

Also Alone in the Dark for 360 went back up and also Guitar Hero Aerosmith went back up. Those were the new copies that went up, don't know about the used copies though.[/quote]

....wut?

..so its like 44 bux noww?!

...damn it!!! ;(

[quote name='game_fanatic']Bencher you should check with your local EB, they may still have the cheaper prices. It seems the prices aren't universal at EB[/quote]

well, might as well, since im ganna try to get haze.

R1 was ok for me, Haze might be alright.

Wii version is horrid. The PS2 version is better then the Wii, but worse then the PC/360. But the PC/360's was given scores of like 40. The PS3 version got scored of like 70s.

[quote name='gamer602']PS3 version came out last and had most of the errors in other versions corrected.[/quote]

Which is why it doesn't suck, Eden Games learned what went horribly wrong the first time around, and fixed most of it. Sadly, the game still has cheesy dialogue, a wonky plot, and a ugh-worthy ending. But still, the game does have a lot of very interesting concepts, most of them well done.

I'm sure Phil Harrison had some part in making sure the PS3 version wasn't horrid.:lol:

Yup that is the one. I haven't tried it yet, but if it is good enough I might buy a second one for competitive GH matches.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Is this the Nyko pictured below with GH/RB compatibility and the pink faceplate?

31l8dQHyWxL._AA280_.jpg

If so, WOW, $15. I remember buying it when it came out for $60. It's a pretty good guitar, more similar to the GH guitars than the RB style.

Word of advice if anyone buys it: the included USB charge cable is long but fricking useless, it doesn't seem charge my guitar or even work as a USB cable at all :whistle2:?

Other than that, great deal![/quote]

/rant

I'm following that FS trade-in thread on RFD, and I swear that HDKen guy is pissing me off. He's made like 8 trips to EB to buy every copy of GH Aerosmith and trade it in. WTF really, why can't hoarders stay under their rock or something? Can't FS blacklist the jackass?
/ end rant

yeah he seems like a pretty big douche bag, im sure FS will note everything once all the games come in as you have to sign a reciept ( i have anyways on the few trades ive done there)

your rant is pretty valid cthulhu

I feel the same way. Someone buying multiple copies of a game on sale to sell them to another used games store really makes me mad.
Cant you buy one, play with it and tell your friends to go get it for themselves instead ?
That guy must think he is a "one-man EB Games store" or something...
I actually hate those store and only use em to save some money, Id never trade in a game there, I'd rather give it to a good friend than let them give me 20$ for a game that they'll sell 54.99 to someone who gets to save a mere 5 $.

God I hate that HDKen guy too...I swear if I see him in the KW area I would jump the kid. He's probably some 16-year old goofball who has a false sense of entitlement to everything, thinking he deserves to rip off multiple individuals for his own personal gain. He is the reason why humanity is going down the tube.

edit: and just to add, what audacity to post every ****** time he gets a game. I have made it my mission to follow this guys post and take cracks at his manhood. I think others should join me. He'll never want to go on RFD again.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']/rant

I'm following that FS trade-in thread on RFD, and I swear that HDKen guy is pissing me off. He's made like 8 trips to EB to buy every copy of GH Aerosmith and trade it in. WTF really, why can't hoarders stay under their rock or something? Can't FS blacklist the jackass?
/ end rant[/quote]

Think that's bad? Saw this on kijiji:

8460hkh_20.jpg

Can even see the FS tag on Dead Space...And buddy wants $50 each, $55 for games that are $64.99. Lawlz..Sent him an email, asking how many copies of GH:A he had to get to get all these.

[quote name='janlazer']Think that's bad? Saw this on kijiji:

Can even see the FS tag on Dead Space...And buddy wants $50 each, $55 for games that are $64.99. Lawlz..Sent him an email, asking how many copies of GH:A he had to get to get all these.[/quote]

i registered just to join the HDKen bash and give big lulz to that pic!
that is super fantastic work!

"dad why didnt you buy me a new game like you promised?"
-they were out. they have no new games going back to the summer.
"bu bu bu but you promised lord of the rings or skate 2!"
-son, i really think you and all your friends and little cousins are going to love aeromsith. and at $29.99 what a bargain!"

Update on kijiji boychick:

Claims that the games are from EB..Asked why there was a FS tag on DeadSpace..."Well, these are from my personal collection.."...Then why aren't any of them open? lol.

[quote name='charleytony']I'd rather give it to a good friend than let them give me 20$ for a game that they'll sell 54.99 to someone who gets to save a mere 5 $.[/quote]

This, except more so not the money. I usually give away games I haven't played in a while to people who I think would like them. Example, I recently gave away my Final Fantasy GBA collection to a friend who is a fiend for Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest.

[quote name='game_fanatic']God I hate that HDKen guy too...I swear if I see him in the KW area I would jump the kid. He's probably some 16-year old goofball who has a false sense of entitlement to everything, thinking he deserves to rip off multiple individuals for his own personal gain. He is the reason why humanity is going down the tube.[/quote]

Good thing I am a 16-year old who doesn't have to have everything, nor do I believe in ripping off others for my personal gain. :lol:

HDKen is from the Ottawa area. From his posts, he drives around all day from EB to FS with his girlfriend trading crap in. I don't know, some people... :roll:

So back on topic, any decent deals lately? I was thinking of getting Killzone 2 and need to find some trade fodder. My car's tank is full of gas and my gf and I are itching to go for a drive in the Ottawa area :lol:

[quote name='janlazer']Update on kijiji boychick:

Claims that the games are from EB..Asked why there was a FS tag on DeadSpace..."Well, these are from my personal collection.."...Then why aren't any of them open? lol.[/quote]

Yeah I also saw that on Kijiji. What a dbag. Totally cashed in on this deal, loool.

[quote name='TripleQ']Not that anyone would care, but looks like EndWar regular price is now $34.99 at ebgames. That was a really fast drop![/quote]

If it's anything like Last Remnant in December, it'll just be a temporary drop. They'll put the price back up after a little bit.

bread's done
Back