- - - - -

Katamari Damacy $10.97 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

http://www.amazon.co...V0XFE6M1G1PYBE3

Listed as 19.99 reg? Seems better than warm.

#2 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

good deal for anyone that hasn't played it.
Posted Image

#3 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Amazing game. I remember when I tried it seemed so silly, the music was out there.... yet I couldn't put it down. I was with a few friends, and they couldn't stop watching.

#4 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

I just wish We Love Katamari would drop to that price. I really enjoyed Damacy, but it was short.

#5 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

I just wish We Love Katamari would drop to that price. I really enjoyed Damacy, but it was short.

Just FYI to anyone who might care, the copies of We Love Katamari that Amazon sell are Greatest Hits copies.

#6 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

man, i need to buy another PS2, lol.

#7 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'll second this.

I got the first game for 4.97 around Christmas as a Lightning Deal.

#8 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

addded 1 2 cart thx op 4the deal.i had the 360 version used from blockbuster, but some1 told me this is better.

I'll agree with this statement, I enjoyed the first one more then the 360 one, but it might of been due to the shock value. the 360 one was more of the same. There little reason to pick up the 360 one if you own the PS2 one besides achievements.

#9 ZackScott

ZackScott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

So is the original Katamari the Greatest Hits version or just the We Love Katamari?
My Trade List
HAVE: Collectible and Popular Games - WANT: Resident Evil and Mass Effect Stuff
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=195346

Currently Playing

:360: Rock Band 2
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii
:ds: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
:pc: Left 4 Dead 2

#10 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Well, I guess I can go ahead and open my sealed copy I've been holding onto for 3+ years. Not exactly so rare anymore, is it?

#11 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Well, I guess I can go ahead and open my sealed copy I've been holding onto for 3+ years. Not exactly so rare anymore, is it?

Haha, no I picked it up in 07 around Christmas time for $10 from Amazon. I don't think it's been rare for a long time. :D

#12 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

yeah, there's been a lot of reprints
Posted Image

#13 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Damn, thought it might of been Beautiful.

#14 I Am Legend

I Am Legend

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

So is the original Katamari the Greatest Hits version or just the We Love Katamari?

I would like to know this too before biting.

#15 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'll agree with this statement, I enjoyed the first one more then the 360 one, but it might of been due to the shock value. the 360 one was more of the same. There little reason to pick up the 360 one if you own the PS2 one besides achievements.

From reviews the 360 version's supposed to be the worst, but it's the only one I haven't played yet. I'd love a true next-gen version that lets you just keep scaling out from super small all the way up to the whole planet (or bigger) :D

Regarding length-it seemed plenty long to me. As long as any other game. I sure wasn't thinking "oh, this should be longer" when I played it years ago. And anyway, isn't the 360 one also supposed to be the shortest of the 4?
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#16 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

From reviews the 360 version's supposed to be the worst, but it's the only one I haven't played yet. I'd love a true next-gen version that lets you just keep scaling out from super small all the way up to the whole planet (or bigger) :D

Regarding length-it seemed plenty long to me. As long as any other game. I sure wasn't thinking "oh, this should be longer" when I played it years ago. And anyway, isn't the 360 one also supposed to be the shortest of the 4?

It depends if you are an achievement whore or not for the 360. Some of the Achievements will take a while to get, like 10 hours or so. Then there that stupid achievement for playing like30 hours or something silly.

#17 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'd love a true next-gen version that lets you just keep scaling out from super small all the way up to the whole planet (or bigger) :D

in the last level of the first game you scale pretty much from as small as it gets to picking up clouds and islands.
Posted Image

#18 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Great deal - thank you! Between this and God Hand for $10 you could place a very nice PS2 order right now. They just need a $10 Okami to round out the order for free shipping.

#19 ZackScott

ZackScott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

Beautiful Katamari for the XBox 360 is the only game my 360 can't fun. It randomly freezes. I've tried other people's disc, and I've tried my disc on other people's XBoxs, but it would work fine on theirs and freeze on mine. I almost sent the console in to get fixed, but so far in the past 2 years that's been my only problem. I don't want to risk getting a worse unit.
My Trade List
HAVE: Collectible and Popular Games - WANT: Resident Evil and Mass Effect Stuff
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=195346

Currently Playing

:360: Rock Band 2
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii
:ds: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
:pc: Left 4 Dead 2

#20 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Is Beautiful Katamari OOP or something? The price on eBay has gone over MSRP now.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#21 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

yeah i know. gotta love selling things on ebay though ;)

#22 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Glad some people got some mileage out of this price.

#23 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Definitely a great buy for $10.

#24 Ryouko

Ryouko

Where's my danish?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I just got this used from BBV for $6.99 last week. I had sold my original copy to GameStop, but missed it so much I bought it again. ^_^ lol. Great buy for anyone who hasn't played it yet! The first is still the best.

#25 RoyalT7

RoyalT7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Sweet deal. I'm picking one up.