FYE $1-$10 PS2 game clearance, Update: B1G1 free

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#91 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

Well, it was a bust for me at the 3 I went to. Figures that the moment theres a deal on the Alpha Anthology, its not even to be had anywhere here...

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#92 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

Picked up Metal Slug 4/5 for $4.99. Not bad, but there wasn't anything else of even possible consideration. Oh well....

#93 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

wow. total bust. I drove over 2 hours today to 3 FYE locations looking to buff up my ps2 and gamecube collection. One FYE didnt sell games. Another FYE had a big selection of games, but were all used and selling for outrageous prices. Used Star Wars Force Unleased for XBOX360? $52......

the last FYE I went to had new games, but nothing special, and the games were ringing up at retail price.... :(

im very disapointted. all that wasted gas for nothing...

#94 JawnMan

JawnMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:35 AM

Went to an FYE in Center City Philadelphia...picked up Mystic Heroes for $5 and Baten Kaitos: Origins for $10

#95 liono55

liono55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:23 AM

Not much from the main list of note, but I did manage to pick up a few things over the last couple days at two different stores. Barely any of it was marked at the correct prices, so the self-scanner on the game aisle was a godsend! All new and only four of the PS2 games are missing the white security stripe;) Thanks OP!

GBA

Robotech-The Macross Saga -> $5.00

Xbox

R:Racing Evolution -> $1.97
Rogue Ops -> $2.00
The Haunted Mansion -> $4.50
Blinx 2 -> $4.50
Panzer Dragoon Orta -> $9.99

PS2

I-Ninja -> $14.99
Bombastic -> $8.99
Robotech: Battlecry -> $7.99
Total Overdose -> $7.99
Airblade -> $7.99
Eternal Ring -> $7.99
Savage Skies -> $7.99
Wipeout Fuzion -> $7.99
Shinobi -> $7.99
Crimson Tears -> $7.99
Auto Modellista -> $7.99
Galactic Wrestling -> $7.99
Deus Ex -> $7.99
Legend of Kay -> $7.99
Arc The Lad: Twilight -> $7.99
Unlimited Saga -> $7.99
Activision Anthology -> $7.99
Rise To Honor -> $7.99
Parappa The Rapper 2 -> $7.99
Chaos Legion -> $7.99
Sub Rebellion -> $7.99
Legion: The Legend of Excalibur -> $4.99
Britney's Dance Beat -> $4.99
Shamen King: Power of Spirits -> $4.99
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon -> $2.99
JamPack Vol. 11 -> $0.99

#96 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

genna check this out.

#97 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:40 AM

If anyone can find me a copy of Pride FC (new) I'd gladly pay $20 for it!!!!!!!!!

#98 Proximity

Proximity

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

Went to Chicago's Randolph St. FYE today, saw a few interesting deals, the only one that compelled me to purchase it was a used copy of Shadow Hearts (PS2) for $15.

Edited by Proximity, 07 February 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#99 biggreenmold

biggreenmold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

found a used copy of the man game for $14.99 on sunday, not much else though

#100 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

found a used copy of the man game for $14.99 on sunday, not much else though

You mean The Guy Game, right? I already have a copy of that for the XBox, which I think it cost me $10 to buy from my local pawn shop.

I saw another copy just recently at a local FYE for $15 used(or $7.50 rather with the 50% clearance on Xbox/GC/GBA titles), but I don't play my Xbox as it is, so I wouldn't have needed a second copy.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#101 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Maybe this is the reason the Zatch Bell I found rang up for $19.99. I'll check next time I go.

In case anyone's waiting for the thrilling conclusion to this mystery, I checked it out again yesterday and "Mamodo Battle" had the price tag for "Mamodo Fury." I had the cashier scan the UPC and it came up correctly as $4.99, so I got it. :bouncy:

I'll do some updates to the OP.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#102 biggreenmold

biggreenmold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

lol, yeah the guy game. I wasn't real sharp at 4 a.m..

#103 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

I picked up Everquest Online Adventures(PS2) from an out of the area FYE yesterday for .01. It was even MARKED .01, so the clerk didn't even bat an eye when ringing it up for me. If for nothing, it's good for a spare case should I need one, since I DOUBT the servers for it are still up at this point.

I also picked up two copies of the Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom(PS3) game guide there for .01 each as well. I was going to have more of the older guides price checked, but I was running short on time and decided not to.

EDIT: As it turns out EQ online is still going strong, so maybe that penny purchase wasn't so useless after all. But does anyone know what kind of fees might be associated with playing the game online?

Posted Image

#104 Sam111111

Sam111111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:13 AM

I like entertainment, so will definitely stop by my FYE today. Grandia 2? I've heard things ...
Thanks, OP.

#105 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

So there is definitely some sort of clearance at ALL fye's rite? Because anytime there are clearance/good deals at places like BB,Target,B.buster,etc its never in NYC (queens specifically)
Posted Image

#106 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

So there is definitely some sort of clearance at ALL fye's rite? Because anytime there are clearance/good deals at places like BB,Target,B.buster,etc its never in NYC (queens specifically)

I'm definitely going to say it'll depend on two things: 1) whether or not the prices had to be updated in the system and if they're not you may not get the price the games here have been listed for and 2) the fact that some employees may view a lower price as an 'error' and override it back to sticker price.

I don't know for certain whether or not the prices need to be manually updated, which is the case with some retail outlets, but if that IS the case then you may find this sale to be YMMV.

I didn't have any of the games that I saw yesterday from this sale/clearance(Romancing Saga, for one)price checked since I was short on time, but since FYE and Wherehouse are part of the same chain(Transworld Entertainment) their prices SHOULD be universal.

Posted Image

#107 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm definitely going to say it'll depend on two things: 1) whether or not the prices had to be updated in the system and if they're not you may not get the price the games here have been listed for and 2) the fact that some employees may view a lower price as an 'error' and override it back to sticker price.

I don't know for certain whether or not the prices need to be manually updated, which is the case with some retail outlets, but if that IS the case then you may find this sale to be YMMV.

I didn't have any of the games that I saw yesterday from this sale/clearance(Romancing Saga, for one)price checked since I was short on time, but since FYE and Wherehouse are part of the same chain(Transworld Entertainment) their prices SHOULD be universal.

Cool,Thanks for the info (think I'll head to 1 or 2 stores)
Posted Image

#108 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

I spoke to a friend of mine that works for FYE & he told me that he saw some signage for an upcoming PS2 sale, so I'm awaiting that. He works in the backroom as the receiver.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#109 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

Nice! I'll be waiting.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#110 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

Got another haul today:

Batman: Rise of Sin Tsu (Commemorative Edition with action figure) -- $7.99
Guilty Gear Isuka - $4.99
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII -- $7.99
Shining Force Neo -- $7.99
Silpheed -- $4.99
Soul Calibur II -- $7.99

I saw a gutted copy of the Bouncer. The price could not be found in the system. (Same for Phantom Brave.)

Also picked up Jeanne D'arc for $9.99 (my nearest store has been sold out since it went on sale). Great game... I've already beaten it before, but don't mind having another copy.

Also, I finally took advantage of the offer to trade in your Circuit City Gamers card for an extra Backstage Pass.

Any update on that PS2 sale signage, mentioned above?

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#111 ecwfan

ecwfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

On Friday night I saw a sign at my local FYE advertising a buy 1 PS2 game get 1 free after rebate. Maybe this is the sale that's mentioned above?

#112 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:08 AM

On Friday night I saw a sign at my local FYE advertising a buy 1 PS2 game get 1 free after rebate. Maybe this is the sale that's mentioned above?

Holy cow, there are some games I would totally pick up depending on how this works

#113 Dhuk

Dhuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

This is a bit off topic, but is music4less/musicforasong owned by the same chain fye is? If not, I wonder if they're clearancing ps2/x-box/GC games too?

#114 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

FYE's having some great sales lately. Will have to browse the PS2 selection again. Would be especially sweet if it worked on the <$10 games, too.

I need to send my DS game rebates out this week...

BTW, should/could we just start an FYE deals thread? I think that would help with rebate FAQs, etc.

#115 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

This is a bit off topic, but is music4less/musicforasong owned by the same chain fye is? If not, I wonder if they're clearancing ps2/x-box/GC games too?

No, they are not owned by TransWorld (fye parent company). *sigh* I miss that chain though...... all of the stores that were in my usual travels have closed one by one over the past decade.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#116 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

FYE's having some great sales lately. Will have to browse the PS2 selection again. Would be especially sweet if it worked on the <$10 games, too.

I need to send my DS game rebates out this week...

BTW, should/could we just start an FYE deals thread? I think that would help with rebate FAQs, etc.

Yeah, with the DS rebate and then Jeanne D'Arc on sale, I've dropped over $200 there just recently.
Though to be fair, I'll be making most of it back when the rebates go through.
I considered getting a backstage pass, but realized it wouldn't even have paid for itself, and I rarely shop there anyway.

#117 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

I hate how the freakin FYE stores in Oregon stopped carrying new video games ages ago :bomb:
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#118 Dhuk

Dhuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

No, they are not owned by TransWorld (fye parent company). *sigh* I miss that chain though...... all of the stores that were in my usual travels have closed one by one over the past decade.

Only reason i asked is because sometimes they do get FYE/Transworld's exclusives oddly enough. But anyways, Yeah, the one near me has massive amounts of new/sealed PS2 games, some really good stuff. I am suprised they're still around with the way the economy is.

Edited by Dhuk, 03 March 2009 - 07:57 PM.

#119 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

But anyways, Yeah, the one near me has massive amounts of new/sealed PS2 games, some really good stuff. I am suprised they're still around with the way the economy is.

Which location is that?

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#120 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

What the hell happened to the Xbox/GC/GBA clearance thread for FYE? I did a search and couldn't find it.

I scored the following yesterday:

Baten Kaitos Origins(GC)
Circus Maximus(Xbox)
Everquest Online Adventures(PS2)

Funny thing is, this is the SECOND store to have a copy of EQ: OA out clearly marked .01 and the second one to not give me any problem with picking it up for that price.

Posted Image