FYE $1-$10 PS2 game clearance, Update: B1G1 free

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 romodome

romodome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

b1g1 was done manually at Horton Plaza sam goody Downtown San Diego, but as soon as I left with my pathetic two games, a manager scolded the cashier and took down the signs they had in the PS2 section which said b1g1, but nothing about a mail in rebate. I got Romancing saga, Suikoden tactics, Shining force Neox2 for $17 bucks and change and they gave me a 40% off used dvd/Cd coupon.
Testes

#122 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

No, they are not owned by TransWorld (fye parent company). *sigh* I miss that chain though...... all of the stores that were in my usual travels have closed one by one over the past decade.

There's a music for less about an hour away from me in a huge outlet mall and they have the best deals on used blu rays.. I bought the RE 3 disc bluray set marked as used to $12.99, went home opened it and the discs were still sealed, couldn't believe it.

axlrose4183.png

#123 greenrocks

greenrocks

Nightcrawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Anyone gone to Fye in Montebello, CA?
Posted Image

#124 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

If anyone happens to see any of these i'd appreciate if you could snag em for me.

.hack//MUTATION -- $4.99
.hack//OUTBREAK -- $4.99
Ephemeral Fantasia -- $0.99
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - $4.99

My FYE is a ghost town, should be closing soon i believe.

#125 SoulProphet

SoulProphet

Be "Mai" Guest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

too bad my fye lost their lease otherwise i would have benefited from this sale. The store didn't have a big section anyways, so i am sure i would not find most of the games listed up there even if they were still open today.

448696.pngKillzoneSig.jpg

#126 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

Does this work at Coconuts? The selection at the FYE here sucks.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#127 jwlowry

jwlowry

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Went to FYE yesterday and saw a PS2 B1G1 sign, but in small print on the bottom it said "after mail-in rebate". There wasn't much to pick from in the PS2 section either.

#128 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I went last night to the one in owensboro ky. They didn't really have that many to chose from but I did come across Buffy Chaos Bleeds. I have been waiting for awhile to get that at gamestop and it never seems to be in stock I got Galereans Ash for free. Doubt I'll ever even play it. Selection sucked there so much I just grabbed something just because I wanted to play buffy.

#129 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Anybody have any success with the mail-in rebate? I'm tempted to go pick a few games up, but the B1G1 is the deal breaker.

#130 JD*

JD*

Massacre Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

if anyone happen to snag multiple copies of dot hacks id be gladly to pay for them

MeMyselfAndJD.pngtumblr_mco65un4lN1rk3gouo1_250.gif

#131 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Oh... my god. Just had an epic FYE find. (For me, anyway.)

My FYE store just restocked some clearance PS2 games, presumably from another store.

Posted Image

Sealed MGS2 Greatest Hits for $4.99. That's going directly into my collection, do not pass go, do not collect $200. (Though perahps one day I might be able to collect the $200 on it.)

The stand-alone MGS2 has been out of print since long before the Essentials box. What's super lucky for me is that I almost bought a copy for $35 with torn cellophane on eBay last week. So happy now that I didn't.

This copy is in great shape. The cellophane's a bit dull from shelf wear but there are no tears.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#132 rarebucky

rarebucky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

mgs 2 gh isn't worth much at all...it's the original black label one that's $50+. still, nice grab!

#133 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

metal gear solid 2 black label worth 50+?? sealed only right? gamestop has it for $5.99.
Posted Image

#134 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

Sealed of course.

The cheapest new copy on Amazon is $44.99. It doesn't specify GH or black, so probably GH. The cheapest sealed copy on Half.com is $79.99 for black.

Usually there is only 1 or 2 sealed standalone copies on eBay at any given time that I've looked.

I'm pretty stoked about finding it since it's something I wanted for my personal collection.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#135 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

Question about the rebate for you guys, I bought Halo 3 and on the rebate step 2 it asks to send in the UPC. Do I have to cut it out from the back of the game cover or can I just take the sticker price from the plastic seal (the price sticker on the plastic seal that have the bar code).

Thanks.

#136 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

I should post my findings! Came home with:
:ps2: Final Fantasy XI Vana'diel Collection
:ps2: MGS 3 Subsistence
:ps2: God Of War II (non GH)
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories
:ps2: Resident Evil The Essentials Bundle
:ps2: Wild Arms 3
:ps2: Wild Arms 5
:ps2: Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm
:ps2: Bloody Roar 4
:ps2: Armored Core 3
:ps2: Killzone (non GH)

and a few others. They were just stocking most of these out when I got there so I got to pick off their cart nefore it hit the shelf!:bouncy:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#137 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Question about the rebate for you guys, I bought Halo 3 and on the rebate step 2 it asks to send in the UPC. Do I have to cut it out from the back of the game cover or can I just take the sticker price from the plastic seal (the price sticker on the plastic seal that have the bar code).

Thanks.

I was told by the FYE employee when I bought my Halo 3 to send in the Price sticker that has the bar code only. Others said the same in the Halo 3 FYE rebate deal thread, so we should be safe doing that.

#138 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I just got back from FYE over here and they had a used Black Label copy of metal gear solid 2. It was $9.99 and i wasn't really interested so I put it back. They also had Suidoken V for ps2 but dammit it rang up full price!!! ($39.99) All they had left was a bunch of 75% off xbox sports titles and some crappy GBA games I passed on. (all used).

All I picked up was Romancing Saga (PS2) for $7.99.

Marked @ $39.99 but rang as 7.99
Posted Image

#139 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

I was told by the FYE employee when I bought my Halo 3 to send in the Price sticker that has the bar code only. Others said the same in the Halo 3 FYE rebate deal thread, so we should be safe doing that.

Awesome thank you.