Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#61 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engineer playtime is way more than it would be if I was the only person to play on my account. One of my roomates was addicted for awhile and would only play engy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

Medic achievements = hard? There are a few that are seriously impossible in a real game (but can be done in smaller servers or custom maps), but otherwise, a lot of them are very easy. Perhaps you don't enjoy playing Medic? I don't know, I found those achievements to be somewhat easy compared to the Heavy. Heavy is my least played class, but still... Pyro, yeah, you're right about those achievements.

Hard wasn't the right word, I think gimmicky fits better.

As for stats, check my sig if you actually care. I only have 200 hours because I only really got in to TF2 Fall '08 even though I've owned it since day 1. It took a while to see how awesome of a game it really was. It says I've played 70 hours pretty much every week because I constantly have it up as windowed mode so that I can play a quick game in between forum and blog posts that I feel I must comment on.

#63 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

I think the only thing worth showing off from me is the amount of playtime I've put into each class:

Posted Image

Engineer is my 3rd most played class, and the rest of the classes drop off significantly in playtime.

Anyway, I play it almost everyday still. Add me to Steam if you would like to play with me; steam id: SOSTrooper

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#64 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

It's easier to just post the link... http://steamcommunit...19424/stats/TF2

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#65 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

It's easier to just post the link... http://steamcommunit...19424/stats/TF2

Wow, you got all medic milestones in 6 hours without farming? Props to you.

#66 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

No, I legit play medic too. It probably took me 3 hours to get the milestones for the medic, heavy and pyro combined.

Wow, you got all medic milestones in 6 hours without farming? Props to you.

#67 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

Most health healed: 772,433 (as Medic)

No way did you get that legitimately.

http://steamcommunit...rflow/stats/TF2
^my stats

I only started playing at the beginning of this month? The only reason I log in more hours as Medic or Engineer is because if I'm those classes, I usually stick to them until the end of a round or match. When I'm any other class, I'm reluctant to switch between classes. =p
:-#

#68 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

What? It was a long map... :lol:

No way did you get that legitimately.

http://steamcommunit...rflow/stats/TF2
^my stats

I only started playing at the beginning of this month? The only reason I log in more hours as Medic or Engineer is because if I'm those classes, I usually stick to them until the end of a round or match. When I'm any other class, I'm reluctant to switch between classes. =p

#69 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't care about achievements at all and used an unlocker instead of wasting a ton of time in an achievement server?

Edited by Sporadic, 11 February 2009 - 08:02 PM.

#70 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

Isn't that sorta something that would get you banned?

Am I the only one who doesn't care about achievements at all and used an unlocker instead of wasting a ton of time in an achievement server?

#71 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:07 AM

Isn't that sorta something that would get you banned?

I used it months ago...so no?

#72 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:42 AM

Yo anyone play the free 2d Side scrolling TF2? I want to play online, but can't get it to work. Seems like fun.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#73 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

soldat?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

http://steamcommunit...efire/stats/TF2

"Master" of maybe one class (Soldier). Currently playing Demoman, Soldier, Sniper and Pyro (just added him to my repetoire). I have long since given up on playing Medic and Scout. I recently decided I would stop playing Engie. I only play Spy or Heavy when I really want to **** around.

Soldier anytime and anywhere. I can adapt to most situations with him.
Demoman is more situational for me but I guess I'm getting better with him. I'm still not great when it's mano-e-mano.
Sniper is also situational for me and I can be extremely hit-or-miss with him. Just yesterday I hit 4-5 headshots with each successive shot in very short intervals and I can also pop Scouts but I might also miss 5-10 shots or easy Heavy kills because I'm shaking.
Pyro is still new to me but it's been fun. Oddly enough I get the most Medic support when I play Pyro. I rarely play with any Medic riding me even though I usually score in the top three.
Engie... I rarely get stabbed by Spies but I hate waiting sometimes. I'm also a stat whore and Engie really messes with that.
Spy... it's still the class that gets my adrenaline pumping the most when I go on a good streak but I hate dying and Spies die a lot. I always wanted to master the Spy but I'm giving up on that.

Edited by Hostile, 12 February 2009 - 08:58 AM.

#75 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

http://steamcommunit...budge/stats/TF2

As you can see, I have played a lot less some then some of you. But I have been really getting back into TF2.

Pyro is really my class, almost any map, any server and I can be in the top 3 with Pyro.

The only class I really don't like is Soldier, I just don't get it. I have tried putting more time into it, but I just get bored so quickly.

#76 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

http://steamcommunit...urker/stats/TF2

Pyro is really my class, but I've been working on demoman a lot more recently. I haven't played as much in the past couple of weeks as I'm waiting for the scout update to come out.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#77 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yo anyone play the free 2d Side scrolling TF2? I want to play online, but can't get it to work. Seems like fun.

Gang Garrison 2, excellent game.

http://steamcommunit...urker/stats/TF2

Pyro is really my class, but I've been working on demoman a lot more recently. I haven't played as much in the past couple of weeks as I'm waiting for the scout update to come out.

You're going to get a lot of flak about your 2 favs.

I have a question to you all though. I'm currently looking for a clan to join so I can scrim with some cool people, anyone know the best way to find one? I don't want a super elite one in CEVO-P or something but I also don't want some pub clan like eGO or Lotus.

#78 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Just started playing this recently because my husband made me, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I'm overall terrible at FPS, but I've been doing okay at medic. I definitely still need to learn the basics (like... turning around and going up ramps :P). Are there any classes you folks recommend for newbies? Engineer was also suggested to me.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#79 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

If you can't manage a medic or engi, theres really no point. Start there and see what happens.

#80 Sleepkyng

Sleepkyng

doesn't even exist anymor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

http://steamcommunit...pkyng/stats/TF2

What servers do you guys play?

#81 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

I generally join not full ones, mostly. Occasionally a server gets full before the gui updates, so I try to join a full server, but I don't make a habit of it.

#82 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

I play on a TF2 official map rotation server called something like [SS]. I saw a CAG in there once. There, or one of TheVille servers. I hate insta-respawn servers. Occasionally I'll play in a custom map server or an Orange server.

Sniper is also situational for me and I can be extremely hit-or-miss with him. Just yesterday I hit 4-5 headshots with each successive shot in very short intervals and I can also pop Scouts but I might also miss 5-10 shots or easy Heavy kills because I'm shaking.

Happens to me more often than not. I blame it on my computer. I can't snipe when there's too many things going on the screen cause my fps drops. haha.

Just started playing this recently because my husband made me, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I'm overall terrible at FPS, but I've been doing okay at medic. I definitely still need to learn the basics (like... turning around and going up ramps :P). Are there any classes you folks recommend for newbies? Engineer was also suggested to me.

lol, trouble turning and going up ramps...

Any class is fine. They're all noob-friendly. Except you may want to stay away from the Soldier and Demoman. I think you may have a hard time learning how to rocket-jump with the Soldier, and a Soldier with his rocket-jump would limit him. If you play as the Demoman, you'll probably have a hard time knowing what to do if a Medic ubers you.

Just play around. As long as you know what you're supposed to do, you'll be alright.

#83 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

What DO you do if a medic ubers you? Bottle + face? :lol:

#84 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

If you're new to FPS and need to adjust to aiming with the mouse but want to learn, go Heavy. Protect your medic and be sure to be aware of your surroundings (Namely your back)

Slowly raise your sensitivity higher and higher. This will allow you to react more quickly to scouts and spies.

Engi is a great way to get to know sweet spots for defense and it's pretty laid back. Medic is a great way to learn dodging techniques and getting to know then best times for fight or flight.

#85 Sleepkyng

Sleepkyng

doesn't even exist anymor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Heavy is the hardest class to start out as - it requires A LOT of situational awareness and tactical placement because of your lack of speed, the spin up and down time of Sasha/Natascha and your GIANT head for snipers.

Pyro is far and away the best noob class - m1+w ftw.

#86 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Just be an engineer and put teleporters in places that don't suck and build a sentry every now and then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

The last FPS I played this much was Counter-Strike so I'm too use to slow sensitivity. Mouse speed is at 2.6.

#88 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

What DO you do if a medic ubers you? Bottle + face? :lol:

lol Well, I mean if a medic expects her to take out a sentries, she would have trouble knowing that. =d

#89 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

Pyro is one of the best classes for new people. They are fast and you just have to hold down the mouse button to shoot.

It should allow you to learn the basics and get a handle on the gameplay unlike other classes which require precision shooting or a dependence on other players. When I moved from TF2 with a controller on X360 to TF2 with a keyboard on the PC, pyro was my best friend.

Engineer kind of requires you to stay put which is boring :-#

Edited by Sporadic, 13 February 2009 - 01:53 AM.

#90 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

I play on the [SourceOP.com] servers during the day, and the Bar Room [BRH] server at night when people are on it.