Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#1141 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

I'm really liking the direct hit, especially when combined with the gunboats. It's pretty much allowing me to train rocket jumping.

#1142 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

The random system was insane last night.

I got SR, Eyelander, camera beard and a ton of other items over the course of 4 hours before it finally leveled out.

#1143 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

I got the SR, Banner, and Direct Hit before it calmed down. It also looked like I was getting a dozen backburners (I'd get the message every time I died), but I don't have a bunch of backburners in my inventory, so I guess that part wasn't real.

Man, SO MUCH spam last night. And the demos with shields are hella scary.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#1144 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

I smelted two decent hats and got one shitty hat. :bomb:

I knew I shouldn't have taken the risk. :bomb:

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#1145 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

I must have started playing last night after all the drops settled down as I played for 3 hours and did not get anything.

#1146 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

I need to play some more, my skills have really gotten worse... at least with soldier. :<

#1147 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:48 AM

Play a medic.

Exclude healing Demomen or Soldiers (pick one)

Claim its for the war.

Have people yell at you saying its over.

THE WAR IS NEVER OVER

Get kicked, find a new server.

Find items for crafting while doing this.

AWWWW YEAAAAAAA

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1148 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

Blah, I can't wait until the solly and demo craze dies down. The game is totally unplayable for me right now; spam is just off the charts.

I really like unlocks like the Kritz and Buff Banner that promote teamwork. Stuff like the Sandman, Eyelander, Equalizer, etc. I find completely retarded and contrary to the spirit of the original TF2. The updates are neutral, then, because Valve saves themselves from ruining their own masterpiece thanks to a few decent unlocks but most importantly new maps and Saxton Hale comics.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#1149 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

Blah, I can't wait until the solly and demo craze dies down. The game is totally unplayable for me right now; spam is just off the charts.

Ha, I actually almost enjoyed the spam on release night. I usually despise the week or two after an update is released, but for some reason, I had a lot of fun. I think it was because it reminded me so much of UT/Quake 3 Rocket Arena, I found myself laughing more than cursing when I died. Plus all the new weapons, death animations (I had my head chopped off and I watched my own body spurt blood out of its neck), new maps (I REALLY like cp_gorge), getting lots of unlocks (I haven't played in over 6 months so it was really nice getting almost everything in one evening) and playing as a heavy or medic was a lot of fun that night (I was able to mow down 5-6 soldiers/demomen on a CP on gorge because a soldier used his banner at the right time, AWESOME.)

In short, I haven't had this much fun with TF2 since it was first released. But I'm just a noob who only plays every now and then, what do I know? Whatever, it's fun and that's all I care about.

#1150 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:12 AM

As a long-time Soldier player, I have to say this long awaited update is a great success even though I have gotten only the Buff Banner and Equalizer (they skipped over my Direct Hit milestone). The Buff Banner's mini-crits is so fun to use (although I miss the gun salute taunt) and the Equalizer is so useful for certain situations.

#1151 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

Surprisingly, with the new soldier and demo update, I'm actually falling in love with the scout. I find it very effective to annoy those eyelander and targe-welding demomen.

What I also found out is that the Buff Banner actually gives the SG minicrits too!

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#1152 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Gentlemen: http://www.teamfortr...ost.php?id=3279

Bots don't seem to pick Scouts or Spies though.

#1153 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

Gentlemen: http://www.teamfortr...ost.php?id=3279

Bots don't seem to pick Scouts or Spies though.

Likely because those 2 have the most strategy about them that is hard to have a bot replicate.

#1154 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Can anyone recommend any good servers on the east coast? I'm in NC and in all the games I join I have ridiculoysly high ping, and there aren't any programs running in the background or anything, so I figure I'm playing in servers too far from me.

#1155 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

Couldn't you just refresh the server list and then sort them by Ping and Player count? Wait for the entire list (should be about 3000 servers) to finish refreshing, click on "Ping" near the top of the server browser to sort by ping, and then click on "Players" to secondarily sort by player count.

If I'm at home I would paste some IPs for you to add, but I'm at work :(

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#1156 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Guys, I haven't played TF2 in over a year and I jumped in for a game I guess for the first time on my rig I built last summer. Anyone want to help me tweak settings so I get a better FPS? I was dropping below 30s on Gravel Pit.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Win7 64
GeForce GTX 260

#1157 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

New update today (1/13/09):
Spoiler

And I found this posted in the TF2 steam forums of the new FaN knockback. (Thread Link)

Guys, I haven't played TF2 in over a year and I jumped in for a game I guess for the first time on my rig I built last summer. Anyone want to help me tweak settings so I get a better FPS? I was dropping below 30s on Gravel Pit.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Win7 64
GeForce GTX 260

You really shouldn't be having any problems. Turn down AA to 'None' and your AF to 'Bilinear.' See what that does.

#1158 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

http://teamfortress....ost.php?id=3327

Blog update.

@Cher, do you have multicore processing on? Also, monitor your resources when you run the game. What is your CPU idling at? What's it at in the game?

#1159 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

@Cher, do you have multicore processing on? Also, monitor your resources when you run the game. What is your CPU idling at? What's it at in the game?

Enabled my second core. Running at 100+ FPS now. Thanks.

#1160 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Anyone want to join?
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#1161 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

Anyone down to play right now?
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#1162 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

New hats and three new melee items seem to have been added.

#1163 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

Pretty much.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1164 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Bumpage. New update yesterday added new hats and weapons.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Hats
http://tf2wiki.net/w...n's_skullcutter
http://tf2wiki.net/w...ribalman's_shiv

I found the Scottsman Skullcutter last night, as did another guy in the server I was in. The two of us had a blast running around with that and the shield just chopping peoples heads off.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1165 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

Anyone see this? Pretty funny!

Posted Image

http://kotaku.com/55...-get-a-stimulus

#1166 kilm

kilm

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

This bullshit around DLC, Activision, MW2 and all the rage against it is very tiresome.

#1167 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Anyone see this? Pretty funny!

Posted Image

http://kotaku.com/55...-get-a-stimulus

funny stuff

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1168 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

I sware TF2 hates me. Every day since they changed the item update rules I been playing so I could get 1 item a day which would be around 40 mins - 1 hr on a good day.

Anyway the only new item I got was the heavy's chocolate bar (and that was after I smelted one). I keep getting items I already own and not even a single hat.

#1169 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hate to sound like an item whore, but is it possible for the drop system to get bugged? I've played this entire past weekend, probably a total of 12-15 hours or so, and haven't found a single item.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1170 KhaosX

KhaosX

overwhelming Power?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Anything is possible with the item system. With the previous change of giving out items based on playtime, from what I've read around the system resets your playtime counter every thursday(night?). I can sorta confirm it as last week I got 3 items playing Friday for a few hours, and the Wednesday prior I was getting nothing. Any who, regarding the item system bugging, anyone remember when they released one of the major updates and people were given items like every 5 minutes? A lot of them being camera beards? There's your example of the system getting bugged.