Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1338 replies to this topic

#241 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:20 AM

The Sandman - 1 baseball and it slowly recharges unless you go track down the ball. Nice for stopping ubers. Hit the medic and you can stop one permanently as the heavy doesn't realize that the medic is bonked and runs out of the range of his medgun. Mainly a defense only weapon.

What happens to people hit by the baseball? How's aiming it?
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#242 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:24 AM

What happens to people hit by the baseball? How's aiming it?

They get "bonked" (frozen) for a few seconds, the time depending on how far away you hit them. It's about enough time to rush over and whack them with the bat a couple times.

Aiming is fine. Seems to have a slight arc.

Heh, in your example you used a medic and a heavy. Who ubers heavies still? :lol:

The guy I bonked 8-)

#243 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:25 AM

I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Seems like the teams are going to be made up of 12/12 scouts.

Yeah, I'm going to wait it out too.

Heh, in your example you used a medic and a heavy. Who ubers heavies still? :lol:

I actually liked Egypt. Obviously, it wasn't really an authentic experience with most people playing Scout, but still, it's pretty and has some nice gameplay.
:-#

#244 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

---------

also, why the HELL does everybody have the unlocks already???? something NEEDS to be done about achievement servers.

I used an achievement unlocker (along with a ton of other people)

Edited by Sporadic, 25 February 2009 - 06:02 AM.

#245 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

yeah, im not going to play for a few days. it's freaking ridiculous. playing as a medic, it's impossible to keep up with scouts (because that's all there is to heal) and there are scattergun/force-a-nature shots going on all around you. it's REALLY hard to stay alive as a medic, cause you're number one priority.

also, why the HELL does everybody have the unlocks already???? something NEEDS to be done about achievement servers.

Edited by DukeEdwardI, 25 February 2009 - 05:53 AM.
grammar stupidity

#246 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

I personally love the update.
Posted Image

Except for the whole servers crashing whenever anyone goes Spy thing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#247 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:10 AM

I can't see me really using any of the weapons but they're goofy so it's kind of fun.

BTW, 7/35 Achievements so far so I haven't used the weapon

#248 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

Scoot!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#249 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

If you don't have the whole loadout by now, you are a loser.

"Nice hustle, tons of fun! Next time eat a salad." That's just brilliant.

#250 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

If you don't have the whole loadout by now, you are a loser.

and why are they a loser? i would love to hear your reasoning on this.

#251 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

just got all the weapons for the scout
sandman is freaking hilarious!...especially when i had to use the taunt for out of the park :lol:

#252 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

Stupid scout...

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#253 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

It sure seems like they extended the range of scout's scattergun...

#254 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

How hard is it to get into this game? I have been debating picking it up for awhile but am really intimidated. I like a lot of FPSers and do pretty well sitting around with me and my buddies playing gears or halo but the second I go online I tend to get tossed around pretty badly....so I never play online. Playing a PC FPSer makes it doubly intimidating.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#255 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

It's easier than living with a FFX tattoo. :-P

#256 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

It's easier than living with a FFX tattoo. :-P

Wow your really obsessed with me and that little tidbit. Kind of scary......seriously you mention it in like every topic.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#257 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

You have a link to it in your sig. Every time you post I'm reminded of it. I don't really care, it's just like taking a crack at the kid with a mullet. It's easier to just give in and go to hell for it later.

TF2 is very easy to play. It's hard to be good at, but so are most games. Just play an engineer and stay out of the way, or play a heavy with a medic stuck on your ass. If you find a server too competitive, just join another.

Wow your really obsessed with me and that little tidbit. Kind of scary......seriously you mention it in like every topic.

#258 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

You have a link to it in your sig. Every time you post I'm reminded of it. I don't really care, it's just like taking a crack at the kid with a mullet. It's easier to just give in and go to hell for it later.

TF2 is very easy to play. It's hard to be good at, but so are most games. Just play an engineer and stay out of the way, or play a heavy with a medic stuck on your ass. If you find a server too competitive, just join another.

I also have a question about this. I'm getting back into playing TF2 again, after L4D got me into the habit of opening steam up.

I'm not very good(11 points in one life is my record), are there "newbie" servers that I should look for?

Also, I've yet to unlock any of the unlockables for any of the classes, is there anything in particular you guys did for these, besides the achievement whoreing servers?

#259 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a server marked specifically as noob, but just try any one of them. If you don't like it, try another.

As for the achievements, Sporadic keeps mentioning some kind of unlocker, but I don't know how much I'd trust it.

I also have a question about this. I'm getting back into playing TF2 again, after L4D got me into the habit of opening steam up.

I'm not very good(11 points in one life is my record), are there "newbie" servers that I should look for?

Also, I've yet to unlock any of the unlockables for any of the classes, is there anything in particular you guys did for these, besides the achievement whoreing servers?

#260 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

and why are they a loser? i would love to hear your reasoning on this.

This, chucklenuts:

#261 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

:rofl:

Naaaaa-nununnnnaaaaahhhh

#262 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

:rofl:

Naaaaa-nununnnnaaaaahhhh

:rofl: I love that line.

I haven't had a chance to try it out, but can Pyros airblast the baseball back at scouts?

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#263 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

I always see servers that say "noobs welcome" or whatever. I've found the TF2 community to be pretty noob-friendly in general (more helping you out than yelling at you). But like Kayden said, if you don't like the server, just go to another one. I'm really new to PC FPS, but I've found TF2 to be a good way to get into it.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#264 Sleepkyng

Sleepkyng

doesn't even exist anymor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

for newbs, i think medics are the best - you instantly help out, you get to be in the action and get to know the maps (90% of being good at TF2), and learn how team dynamics work (do not pop your uber cherry early!)

#265 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

I hate being a medic on a good server. Everyone goes strait for your ass.

for newbs, i think medics are the best - you instantly help out, you get to be in the action and get to know the maps (90% of being good at TF2), and learn how team dynamics work (do not pop your uber cherry early!)

#266 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

I spent some time playing Fortress Forever. I think it's pretty much exactly was TF2 was originally going to be. I don't like it as much as the real thing, but that's probably because it's missing Valves polish. It feels almost exactly like TFC with updated textures and a few tweaks. Best of all, IT HAS GRENADES!

#267 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

How hard is it to get into this game? I have been debating picking it up for awhile but am really intimidated. I like a lot of FPSers and do pretty well sitting around with me and my buddies playing gears or halo but the second I go online I tend to get tossed around pretty badly....so I never play online. Playing a PC FPSer makes it doubly intimidating.

It's pretty simple.

TF2 was my first real FPS that I really played with a keyboard and mouse. I just dived into the deep end and after I got a handle on the controls/learned the maps/player behavor, I would consider myself a good player.

The real key is to find a good server. I started on 2fort2furious, a goon ran server, that not only has a ton of great players but is kind of not that serious and runs a ton of custom maps. Now I play on a normal basic server that is almost always full at night.

#268 Trollsmeesh

Trollsmeesh

Snorlax Tainer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

So guys do we have a bunch of CAGs that play togeather? Any kinda 'clan' or server we play on? Just would hate to jump in and be alone. :X

Considering buying it for 10bucks, wana see if I have people to play with first though.

gallery_474050_8161_85673.jpg 

#269 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

So guys do we have a bunch of CAGs that play togeather? Any kinda 'clan' or server we play on? Just would hate to jump in and be alone. :X

Considering buying it for 10bucks, wana see if I have people to play with first though.

You really don't need to be with people to fully enjoy the game. At worst, you can join a clan server, talk on the mic and get to know people. Once you are considered a regular, it's fine. Very easy to meet and talk with people.

There's a few CAGs that have played in the same server, but I don't think anyone has actually organized an actual CAG gamenight or anything. It may be an issue with regional servers, and not actually having a server of our own, but feel free to join that CAG Steam group and invite people to whatever server you're playing in.
:-#

#270 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

yes, i would like to know this as well. i think it'd be a lot of fun to have a CAG TF2 night or something. i'm tired of playing with a bunch of randoms. it'd be nice to be able to play with a lot of people regularly so i could get the hang of how people play.