Cheap Ass videogame shipping.

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
So what are your methods of packaging videogames? I usually just go with a normal bubble mailer or a box and print a label online then just give the package to the mail lady (don't even have to waste gas!) but I have gotten interesting packaged things before.

The coolest was a videogame tightly wrapped in bubble wrap and newspaper. The funnies so it was quite colorful as well!

How do you package your games and have you ever got an interesting packed item?

If it's in a box, I'll just wrap it in brown packaging paper, but if it's a disc-only game on Goozex, I'll just use their print out paper mailer.

Always use paypal shipping for the cheaper DC (something like 50 cents cheaper than going through USPS). Games with a case, disc, and manual are usually never more than 7 oz so I leave that as the setting on weight and ship 1st class. Makes for a lot of $2.37 charges to my account :D

And of course, always reuse bubble envelops you receive items in. Not only because you're a cheapassgamer, but because it's an awful waste if you didn't anyway.

[quote name='QiG']Always use paypal shipping for the cheaper DC (something like 50 cents cheaper than going through USPS). Games with a case, disc, and manual are usually never more than 7 oz so I leave that as the setting on weight and ship 1st class. Makes for a lot of $2.37 charges to my account :D

And of course, always reuse bubble envelops you receive items in. Not only because you're a cheapassgamer, but because it's an awful waste if you didn't anyway.[/quote]

i ship my games out as 3 oz., its only 1.69 havent had a problem after about 60 trades. :knock-on-wood:

I always re-use every envelope, the thing is I never have to buy envelopes this way because I buy so much stuff online. Its like if I buy something online I get the extra benefit of getting an envelope or a box to ship the next item I sell wherever in.

If you have to ship larger items there are a variety of ways you can get boxes, I usually go to Sams club as they have plenty. You could also try asking your grocery store if you don't have a Sams memerbship, I am sure they would be happy to get rid of some boxes. You can also check outside of a UPS store if you have one close by because my UPS store constantly throws out used packing materials and boxes.

One tip though, those pockets of air tend not to hold up too well if you store them away in a closet, they tend to deflate, try to go for bubble wrap or peanuts as they last forever.

When sending a game, I'll usually just put it in a bubble mailer(as I have shitloads of them thanks to the clearance a year ago of USPS merchandise from Kmart), seal it up and ship it off like that.

If it's a guide, I'll usually butcher some cardboard box I have lying around here and put a piece of cardboard on one side or the other(or both as I usually do), slide that into a bubble mailer(or an amalgam of a couple older bubble mailers I have from other deals) and mail it off.

If any of you have ever dealt with me, then chances are you've received one of my frankenmailers that I slapped together with a quarter roll of packing tape.

As to the weirdest package I've received in my time on CAG, I'd have to say that it was the payment from one CAG. It came VERY, VERY well concealed in about 3-4 layers of packaging.

The outside of the package was wrapped in brown paper, the inner package was a cd shipping box, there was an envelope inside that box and inside the envelope was a piece of construction paper. Inside of all that was my payment for a couple of guides.

The worst though, is when you have 2-3 deals going on at once and you receive all of the payments at the same time and none of them have a list with them to say what goes to who.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i ship my games out as 3 oz., its only 1.69 havent had a problem after about 60 trades. :knock-on-wood:[/QUOTE]

You might as draw a picture of a stamp on the envelope.
Reducing shipping cost is one thing but that is fradulent.
Anything else you want to share with the cag community?
:whistle2:#
(ie. I robbed 10 banks and haven't been caught! Take that! hahaha)

It also might end up sucking for one of your recipients. I had an eBay package show up with insufficient postage, and I had to pay the difference. It ended up being less than a dollar, but still. I didn't exactly appreciate the level of service from that seller.

I always use a bubble mailer to mail games.

I was so pissed when I bought a game off eBay and the shipper just printed out the shipping label and stuck it on the game case with tape. He put tissue paper inside for some reason thinking that was going to protect it. He could of at least wrap it up with paper before mailing it.

I gave him a negative feedback because he also said it was new just opened when he listed, but inside was a receipt from Gamestop that said he bought it there used. He was so mad I gave him a negative he was saying 'I mailed 100's of games like that no problem." What an Idiot.

I re-use boxes from TRSI- I get a lot of single-item shipments from preorders in those cardboard wrap-arounds. Just cut all the tape and re-fold 'em inside out- fresh packaging!

I harvest anything else I need from work. Truck day yields volumes of cardboard, bubble wrap, styrofoam, etc.

Once in a blue moon, I buy a padded envelope- but it's pretty rare for me not to have something ready, especially since I don't mail out much.

People have sent me DS and gba games in a regular letter envelope postage cost the price of a $0.42 stamp. I did not mind at all because I got nice deals but they did not put any DC on it. They were lucky I am an honest person.

When I receive items I have purchased in a bubble mailer I have become an expert at carefully opening them up so I can use the mailers to ship one of my items. I used to tear those things open before another CAGer mentioned doing this. Thanks CAG.

I use a #1 bubble mailer that I get in boxes of 100 pcs. It's good for dvds, games, and boxsets. I buy them from amazon or ebay. It's about 18-20 cents each.

For shipping, I use Paypal shipping for cheap delivery confirmation - 18 cents vs 70+ cents.

I buy these small cheap bubble mailers on ebay that fit dvd/games perfectly and I always use paypal shipping. Much easier to just drop off in the box too unless I have a large load that I take to the post office.

[quote name='wbc1228']You might as draw a picture of a stamp on the envelope.
Reducing shipping cost is one thing but that is fradulent.
Anything else you want to share with the cag community?
:whistle2:#
(ie. I robbed 10 banks and haven't been caught! Take that! hahaha)[/quote]

have you ever weighed a game? it weighs around 4-3oz. depending on xbox gamecube ps2 etc. and size of manual

[quote name='LilPaintballer']have you ever weighed a game? it weighs around 4-3oz. depending on xbox gamecube ps2 etc. and size of manual[/quote]

yep, I have and I have never encountered a complete xbox/ps2/gamecube game weighing 3oz with the bubble mailer.
:cry:
I think 95% of the time, the weight is between 5-7 oz with a bubble mailer unless we're talking about a psp or ds game.
I think your scale is broken.
What game weighs 3 oz with a mailer?
Are you pumping helium into the mailer?
;)

[quote name='wbc1228']yep, I have and I have never encountered a complete xbox/ps2/gamecube game weighing 3oz with the bubble mailer.
I think 95% of the time, the weight is between 5-7 oz with a bubble mailer unless we're talking about a psp or ds game.
;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree. Any game with a case and manual weights about 5-7 oz.

The only game I've ever shipped for 3 oz was a PSP game in a empty case recently. Before this, I have never weighed a game to be under 5 oz and I've shipped out 100s of items since I started doing my own postage.

I bought a pack of 250 bubble mailers for $38 shipped. It comes out to like 15 cents a mailer. I thought I was going to be flipping a lot of games this year but I'm not so sure about that because I'm not making anything on eBay after fees. I've made $125 profit since the beginning of the year but I don't know how I'm going to get rid of all these.

I bought a 360 elite from a fellow CAG. Came in a box about 2' x 2' x 3' and it was just thrown in there. No packaging whatsoever. Surprised it didn't die. :(

Also, no the 360 was not in the 360 box. Just the console and cords tossed in this box. :(

[quote name='wbc1228']yep, I have and I have never encountered a complete xbox/ps2/gamecube game weighing 3oz with the bubble mailer.
;)[/QUOTE]

I've never weighed one I was asking I read somewhere on here that gamecube game is three ounces and a ps2/xbx is four

[quote name='Access_Denied']I bought a 360 elite from a fellow CAG. Came in a box about 2' x 2' x 3' and it was just thrown in there. No packaging whatsoever. Surprised it didn't die. :(

Also, no the 360 was not in the 360 box. Just the console and cords tossed in this box. :([/QUOTE]

That's one thing I absolutely hate. I just cannot imagine what kind of an idiot puts something in a big box, without any sort of filler. I swear, some people lack the most basic forms of common sense.

I just deleted a bunch of posts.

You can NOT talk here about defrauding the government; not weighing or inaccurately representing the actual weight of a package is illegal. This posts serves as your warning.

To ship a game I will cut two sheets of cardboard from a bigger box (each sheet just slightly larger than the game case), put one sheet of cardboard on each side of the game case, cut off 1/2 of a brown paper bag, and wrap the game and cardboard sheets in the portion of the paper bag.

Nice and secure, the cardboard protects the game at least as well as a padded envelope, and it's free! I've shipped well over 20 games this way and never had a problem.

[quote name='oyla10']I bought a pack of 250 bubble mailers for $38 shipped. It comes out to like 15 cents a mailer. I thought I was going to be flipping a lot of games this year but I'm not so sure about that because I'm not making anything on eBay after fees. I've made $125 profit since the beginning of the year but I don't know how I'm going to get rid of all these.[/quote]

That's why I rarely buy more than the one or two bubble mailers I know I'm going to need for current deals, since if I have a completely stagnant period where nothing moves from my TL, then I'm not stuck with a huge case of mailers that are collecting dust.

The biggest package of mailers I think I ever bought was a 10 pack and it took me over six months to use them.

So, ever since then I make my frankenmailers out of old mailers or I buy ONE from the dollar store when I need to ship something out.

Otherwise, it's just a waste if you don't know with 100% certainty that you're going to NEED them.

Interesting, Im gonna make some frankenmailers next time I need to mail a game out. :D

Does anyone hate it when someone mails something that is not packaged correctly? I bought a sealed N64 game off ebay a few weeks ago and it came quick but the box was smashed horribly. I have also gotten sealed games that were not packaged correctly and the disk was loose and scratched. :(

I bought 75 #5 mailers for $23 (about 31 cents each) and between eBay, GTZ, Goozex, and CAG, I've already used up like 20 within 2 months. It may not sound like much but most of them where cut in half to make two individual mailers and when I need to ship guides, I have the size I need. I'm glad I bought so many... now I don't have to worry about it. I only wish I had done it years ago.

I just ship everything in a bubble mailer, still have a bunch from pepsistuff, or tape some thick cardboard around the game box if I don't have any mailers.

Anyone know a cheap place to get a postal scale, because it would save me in the long run if I shipped with paypal but I don't have an accurate scale?

[quote name='darkslime']I just ship everything in a bubble mailer, still have a bunch from pepsistuff, or tape some thick cardboard around the game box if I don't have any mailers.

Anyone know a cheap place to get a postal scale, because it would save me in the long run if I shipped with paypal but I don't have an accurate scale?[/QUOTE]Any office supply store has postal scales on the cheap, I got a digital one at office depot awhile back for 10$ and it works quite well.

[quote name='darkslime']I just ship everything in a bubble mailer, still have a bunch from pepsistuff, or tape some thick cardboard around the game box if I don't have any mailers.

Anyone know a cheap place to get a postal scale, because it would save me in the long run if I shipped with paypal but I don't have an accurate scale?[/quote]Honestly, if you use paypal for shipping, you really can get away with a decent digital kitchen scale. The one I has measures to a tenth of an ounce.

I also vouch for reusing mailers and using paypal. Saving 52 cents may not seem like much, but it can add up after a while...

For example, I've shipped 25 games through Goozex. 25 *.52 = $13. That's like 2 days worth of lunch. Imagine if you mail a lot more!

Anyone know a cheap place to get a postal scale, because it would save me in the long run if I shipped with paypal but I don't have an accurate scale?[/quote]

I am not trying to schill for this guy, but I just got one of these a few weeks ago from eBay, and I am loving it. This model goes up to 55# if you ever ship larger stuff, but I believe there is one that is around 75# as well.

This is super-cool because the readout on the front panel of the scale is removable (it has like a 3ft. telephone kind of cord connected to it). Just thought it was neat because you could just set it on the floor, then have the readout up on your desk/table, etc...

Not bad for around $30.

[quote name='darkslime']When you ship with paypal, do you have to drop it off at the post office or can you just stick it in the mailbox?[/QUOTE]

You can drop it off, stick in those blue mailboxes, request a pick up, or stick it in your mailbox.

bread's done
Back