CAGcast #148: The Show That Almost Wasn't

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

The little podcast rant Cheapy gave was a bit strange guess you guys aren't happy about the download numbers?
I really like the way you guys talked about what you wanted and still got the gaming stuff done, college stories were hilarious and not to mention the shit bags

Cheapy and Wombat you guys talked about SFIV but not about how well you thought it would do, think the game will be a huge hit or just sell great in at niche market of old-school fans?

Edited by SuxoR, 30 January 2009 - 05:54 PM.

1xz7eo.gif

#32 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Cool i'm at college right now so i'll download asap when I get home.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#33 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

Cheapy, your description of your back problems coupled with your stressfree life made me realise that you're not sony at all.. you're a fainting goat

Also, i'd love to hear a Ron Workman podcast, he's usually pretty much on the ball. At least as often as Pachter, and way more handsome. ;)

#34 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

How about for #150 you retire the numbering of the shows? Do you want the CAG cast to sound old?
I was froze today!

#35 PrinceOfHosts

PrinceOfHosts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Sweet, great show! A lot of personality!

#36 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

How about for #150 you retire the numbering of the shows? Do you want the CAG cast to sound old?

Every other podcast has it's numbers in there. The CAGCast is about the same number of episodes as This Week in Tech, and Major Nelson's podcast is in the 300's, so I think Cheapy is fine to leave the numbers in.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#37 Senisan

Senisan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

I think it would be a great idea for SeƱor Workmeng to have a podcast. He used to host Destructoid's podtoid back in the day and was really what made podtoid stand out for me :)

#38 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

The reason that the PSP is considered a flop is that while the system is selling well, the piracy situation has gotten out of control. That's the main reason why publishers have stopped making games for it. Good job, pirates. You killed what you loved.

#39 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts' poor sales. While the game was well covered in the enthusiast press was there any advertisement or promotion for this game at all? This was a huge missed opportunity. There were a lot of N64 kids, both boys and girls, who loved the first game. Ten years later, these people are either gamers with money or have kids of their own. Microsoft Games Studios just had to let mainstream people know this existed.

#40 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

A Ron Workman podcast... couldn't hurt I suppose.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#41 RonWorkman

RonWorkman

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Ron Workman doing a podcast on CAG would be terrible that guy is a complete.... wait a minute. Nevermind.

@Senisan. Thanks. Seriously its awesome to hear that.

@ ThetoiletDuck. #1. I love your Myspace layout. #2. I promise to never say something that sounds that cheesy ever again. #3. I don't know anything about being on anyones balls. #4. Pachter might run a higher risk of being wrong compared to me its true. I dedicate my life to my research. But, to bring balance to the force, with me you run a much higher risk of catching an STD. So, with him you can stay clean and lose money, with me, you can know the future and it will burn when you pee.
Know you know, And knowing is half the battle!

#42 Bojizzle

Bojizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

I met Ron Workman and he seems like a good guy. I don't know that I'd listen to him talk for an hour though. He'll need a spunky side kick to make it interesting.

BTW, props to Cheapy for playing SF2THDR with the Analog stick. I thought I was the only one. It's much better than playing with that crappy 360 D-pad.

#43 SoulFinder

SoulFinder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

CHEAPY! i have listened to the first 2mins of the show and i had to come post. Dont stop!, i seriously look forward to the podcast every week. I listen to a few other podcasts but none of them have the same humor, and off the wall commentary.

Thanks Cheapy and Wombat!
Posted Image

#44 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

To bolster wombat's claim of recognition at a work breakfast.
http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=1148

#45 Bahjey

Bahjey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for everything Speedy. Best of luck. Hope your back on your feet soon!

#46 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Friday's Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger
Posted Image

That... looooks so gooooood. :drool:

#47 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I just listened to the intro.

Fuck you Cheapy. Fuck you
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#48 tak

tak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

What is the story behind Ron Workman for someone that doesn't visit Destructoid?

#49 Gorlith

Gorlith

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

I liked the inspector gadget intro last week better.

Edited by Gorlith, 30 January 2009 - 07:26 PM.
typo

#50 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Wombat, you are DAMN right about the false advertising in the Guitar Hero commercials. This whole system of advertising songs that don't come with the actual games all started with Guitar Hero 3's commercial featuring "Slither" by Velvet Revolver, which also was only available in an additional paid content pack which was released ON THE SAME DAY as GH3. It is complete nonsense and they also used the same song with the DS game's commercial but is not found on the game and doesn't even support DLC. It is complete bull and Activision's similar schemes have been going on for over a year now.

Thank you Wombat for shedding some light on this. I was actually going to ask a CAGbag question about this. I'm glad that we're in agreement on this.

Joker & the thief wasn't in Rock band 1 or 2. But there was a tiny sentence stating that it was DLC.

Posted Image

#51 ScottG13

ScottG13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

I'm pro-Ron Workman and I'd probably give his podcast a few shots to catch my interest.

Also, I appretiate Speedy's efforts over the years. He probably influenced THOUSANDS of my purchase dollars. Thanks, Speedy and godspeed on your new job hunt!
Posted Image

#52 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hey Cheapy, I have been married for 9 1/2 years and I am pretty sure my wife has never said the word "anus." I was just wondering in what context Shima used it.

#53 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

For CAG #150 have the Shipwrecks on for a Super CAG show.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#54 a_bleak_tomorrow

a_bleak_tomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Great show guys im interested in the ron workman show I mean ill give it a shot. Also good on you cheapy for not giving a Fuck what anyone says. I love this show and like howard stern I could be the only one that listens and that would be fine with me, this show is perfect. And wombat is right howard sucks.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Please don't kill the show D:

#56 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Let me get this straight Wombat. You are fine with a game that wont let you move while firing a gun, but if you want to mix herbs in a room full of bad guys, you want them to leave you alone?

#57 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

How about for 150 you give out some swag or have a contest?

Also Gran Torino is good stuff.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#58 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I don't know Ron Workman, but if his podcast has the CAG seal of approval, I'd give it a shot. I'm expanding my base of podcasts I listen to and would be glad to try something new. I'm in the process of starting my own, and I'm always looking for inspiration.

As for the college memories, I know what it's like to have the foreign professors and TAs. My first semester, I took Engineering Calculus 2, and the professor was from Russia and spoke very little English.

Glad you guys recovered the podcast. Viva la Cagcast!

#59 felixlighter

felixlighter

Post Pruner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

I heard Ron Workman call in on a few episodes of All Games Interactive and he was fucking hilarious.
Posted Image

#60 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

And form your description of Friday's Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger that sounds so good...

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com