Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition $29.99 @ Game Crazy YMMW

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

Nice score. I got my copy of the CE from Gamestop for $29.99 about two weeks ago. And, as others have mentioned, this can also be had for $29.99 from Best Buy. Circuit City has it for $39.96, which comes to about $32 after the current 20% off games at most CC stores.

#32 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

tax here is 9.50%

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Oh yeah! haha... it's 8% or more here in California and it varies from city to city. I was at an In-n-Out that had a 8.75% sales tax if I remember correctly.

The standard California rate is 7.25% and the majority of Los Angeles County is 8.25%. Any day now it will be raised up to 10.25% here in Los Angeles. :bomb:

Amazon is going to be the only place to actually get good deals for us who live in the Los Angeles County.:D

#34 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

Wow! you guys are finding copies of the collector's edition at Best Buy and GameStop at the same price at $29.99? All the Best Buys here in the Inland Empire, CA have the regular edition for $39.99. I might pick up a few more copies too for some of my other friends who are fan. The signed copy would just be a bonus. This is actually my 3rd copy of DMC4. I bought the regular edition at TRU for $10 using gift cards which I let a friend borrow and still hasn't returned it since October 08 (seriously, how long does it take for someone to beat the game, damn). I bought a CE from BestBuy.com for $49.99 a while back with a $50 gift card from credit company.

#35 Invin

Invin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yep, also saw the CE at 2 GS in my area for $29.99.

#36 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Wow! you guys are finding copies of the collector's edition at Best Buy and GameStop at the same price at $29.99? All the Best Buys here in the Inland Empire, CA have the regular edition for $39.99. I might pick up a few more copies too for some of my other friends who are fan. The signed copy would just be a bonus. This is actually my 3rd copy of DMC4. I bought the regular edition at TRU for $10 using gift cards which I let a friend borrow and still hasn't returned it since October 08 (seriously, how long does it take for someone to beat the game, damn). I bought a CE from BestBuy.com for $49.99 a while back with a $50 gift card from credit company.

Looks like your Best Buy didn't change the price sticker. Both the normal and CE versions of the game are now $29.99 at Best Buy.

#37 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Shoot! I doubt I can find a copy at GS that is not gutted.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#38 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Luckily one of the GS by me had two Xbox 360 versions that were still sealed. I picked one up today.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#39 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

Check bestbuy?

#40 shinclyde

shinclyde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

I got a very gutted x360 dmc 4 le if i find another Gamestop that has a sealed or complete version, can i exchange it?

#41 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

I got a very gutted x360 dmc 4 le if i find another Gamestop that has a sealed or complete version, can i exchange it?

Probably not. They will say you have opened it yourself.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#42 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:24 AM

The standard California rate is 7.25% and the majority of Los Angeles County is 8.25%. Any day now it will be raised up to 10.25% here in Los Angeles. :bomb:

Amazon is going to be the only place to actually get good deals for us who live in the Los Angeles County.:D

7.775 out here in Riverside county :(

#43 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Oh, that sucks. If I knew they were going to sell me a gutted copy, I would have told them I didn't want it any longer. What is up with GameStop selling these copies, really. Speaking of DMC, RE5 demo is sooooo awesome!

That's a pretty good tax rate. I go to Riverside sometimes to see friends and hang out. I think going there saves me money because of the tax, but then I remember there's the cost of gas.

Any other Best Buys in the southern California with $29.99 Collector's Edition DMC4? I'm going to go to a couple more to check later on today.

#44 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

Probably not. They will say you have opened it yourself.

I had bought a limited edition that was gutted and decided to bring it back but the sales person did not put the sticker on. I then had a heck of a time trying to get them to return it. (I did not play it, promise) I had to go back to the person that sold it to me, which happened to be a manager.

I have also bought a gutted DS game once and it had game save data on it. When I brought it in they said I must have put that saved data on there even though it was dated a few weeks before I bought it. I now bring in my DS and load the cart in front of them to make sure.

I understand doing this to one display copy but why are they doing this to 3-4 copies of each game.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#45 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

I had bought a limited edition that was gutted and decided to bring it back but the sales person did not put the sticker on. I then had a heck of a time trying to get them to return it. (I did not play it, promise) I had to go back to the person that sold it to me, which happened to be a manager.

I have also bought a gutted DS game once and it had game save data on it. When I brought it in they said I must have put that saved data on there even though it was dated a few weeks before I bought it. I now bring in my DS and load the cart in front of them to make sure.

I understand doing this to one display copy but why are they doing this to 3-4 copies of each game.

They shouldn't even have to gut any copies. A simple DVD case with 24 size font on it saying Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition would be enough. Is there any way to abolish these kinds of sales practice? I really hate it when they sell gutted games as new condition. I wonder sometimes about the shrink wrap sometimes. I got that once with Dark Sector from Newegg.com, the shrink wrap wasn't the same as the PS3 ones, it looked like saran wrap glued together. Oh, but I only got it for $10 bucks, so I'm still satisfied.

Edited by KrazyGunner, 08 February 2009 - 02:24 AM.

#46 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

No more luck for me. I went to a Best Buy in Montclair and one in Rowland Heights in south California. Some dude in the Best Buy Rowland Heights said they never had carried any collector's edition for DMC4, they only carry the regular edition. And the dude didn't even bother to check on the inventory through the computer. Funny, since the website had it a while back for $49.99. To add to that contradiction, they were selling pre-orders for the collector's edition of Street Fighter IV and Halo Wars collector's edition, plus had in stock other collector's edition games like Saints Row 2

Edited by KrazyGunner, 08 February 2009 - 04:29 AM.

#47 shinclyde

shinclyde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:47 AM

Stumbled to the coolest gamestop store ever. Took back the gutted copy of DMC4 CE and they exchanged it for a sealed copy! they were amazed that they sold me the collector's edition with no discount and now original box as new. I guess there are still good Gamestops out there.

#48 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

Stumbled to the coolest gamestop store ever. Took back the gutted copy of DMC4 CE and they exchanged it for a sealed copy! they were amazed that they sold me the collector's edition with no discount and now original box as new. I guess there are still good Gamestops out there.

WOW! Yeah, some GameStop stores are really cool. What general area or state did you go to for your GameStop/EB Games? Steel book is always so much better.

100 copies of the CE were randomly hand signed by by the game's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi. If you get one of those you can make some big money.

I believe it was 100 copies for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions combined if I'm not mistaken, that make it 50 copies for 360 and 50 copies for the PS3.

#49 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

Your Medeski Martin and Wood.

#50 dn3g3l

dn3g3l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:28 AM

is there a reason why ebay sold prices for the ps3 version is $40+? a brand new copy sold for over $60

#51 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:30 AM

Your Medeski Martin and Wood.

Huh?

#52 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

is there a reason why ebay sold prices for the ps3 version is $40+? a brand new copy sold for over $60

Oh, there's shouldn't be any need to go on eBay. You can find these in the stores depending on where you live. I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

#53 dn3g3l

dn3g3l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

Oh, there's shouldn't be any need to go on eBay. You can find these in the stores depending on where you live. I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

i know. there's a couple of stores around me that have these. just thinking if i should pick 2 up and ebay 1 of them to lower the cost.

#54 shinclyde

shinclyde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:44 AM

WOW! Yeah, some GameStop stores are really cool. What general area or state did you go to for your GameStop/EB Games? Steel book is always so much better.

South Texas, those were the only 2 gamestops that had any CE avail.

#55 BarbblerElf

BarbblerElf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

3.5% here. Used to be 3%.

#56 CloverField06

CloverField06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:49 AM

Its also 29.99 at hollywood video stores.

#57 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

Its also 29.99 at hollywood video stores.

What area is this in?