Thoughts on a CAG podcast with Destructoid's Ron Workman

Sgt.Seedy

CAGiversary!
After hearing CAGcast 148 and the revelation that Ron Workman may do a CAG podcast, I thought "THIS MUST HAPPEN!". So that's my thoughts, but would you like to see a CAG podcast with Ron Workman? Hopefully, Ron may see this thread filled with (hopefully) positive feedback and further develop his idea on him making a CAG podcast!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they were talking about having Ron do his own podcast completely unrelated to CAG, just having the site host the show.

If thats the case then I won't want that personally, but hey I just wouldn't listen and that'll be it.

no no no I strongly do not want a ron workman podcasts or any podcast on CheapAssGamer. The CagCast and Cag Foreplay are the ONLY podcast's I want.

I don't really know who Ron Workman is, and I don't care for Destructoid at all, but why not? Another podcast addition to CAG certainly can't hurt at all. If people don't like it, they don't have to listen to it.

Ron Workman is a douchebag. Thank you Seedy for your kind words.

To the others, I agree CAG is awesome. What I am talking about doing would be my own show. It wont be nearly as good as what Cheapy and Wombat can do but every family has a black sheep. CAG needs that also. Well, it doesn't "Need" anything but... maybe I can give you something that now you can post "Wow this show really sucks."

BTW. I left Dtoid over 6 months ago. While it may not have the appeal that some of you wanted, it did have millions of people that liked it.

I really want to make something soon asking you all what you would like to see in a show. Hopefully we can figure out something awesome. If you have any ideas email me ronworkman[@]gmail.com, or if you have a name for the show even. Im lost on that right now. Looking at 30 minutes of news and rumours, and 30 minutes of industry guests on. Not 1 on 1 but more like 4 or 5 random people in the industry (including CAG community people) just talking about the industry, what they like, what they have done, etc. cfootball1, I invite you to join us on the first show so you can personally tell me I suck based off of your fear of having another option.

Hey Ron, I'm a tasty beverage.

It seems like you've got a lot to say after following your tumblr blog for a while, and I'd love to see you host a podcast. Please promise that if you go through with this, leak a TON of exclusives that no one else has the balls to let loose. I'm sure you could have a successful show, and I can't wait to hear what you've got cookin. Good luck, I hope this works out!

CheapyD: Please make this happen!

[quote name='Root Beer']Hey Ron, I'm a tasty beverage.

It seems like you've got a lot to say after following your tumblr blog for a while, and I'd love to see you host a podcast. Please promise that if you go through with this, leak a TON of exclusives that no one else has the balls to let loose. I'm sure you could have a successful show, and I can't wait to hear what you've got cookin. Good luck, I hope this works out!

CheapyD: Please make this happen![/quote]

I was thinking about doing something on my Tumblr but I can save it for the show. A leak a week. Basically, I throw out 5 things and the community picks which one gets leaked. Some may be big, some small.
Sample: RE5 has a lot of multiplayer. Versus mode, slayer, survivor,team slayer, team survivor, is 6 chapters long and most chapters are 2 to 3 parts.

[quote name='RonWorkman']I was thinking about doing something on my Tumblr but I can save it for the show. A leak a week. Basically, I throw out 5 things and the community picks which one gets leaked. Some may be big, some small.
Sample: RE5 has a lot of multiplayer. Versus mode, slayer, survivor,team slayer, team survivor, is 6 chapters long and most chapters are 2 to 3 parts.[/quote]
Oh my sweet dancing baby Christ, you need a show where you do this. I would listen to every episode, and I'm sure others would too. Good luck, and try not to get sued. Again.

Edit: Curious to know which friends were in Superbowl ads earlier tonight. That's pretty sick!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cfootball1']no no no I strongly do not want a ron workman podcasts or any podcast on CheapAssGamer. The CagCast and Cag Foreplay are the ONLY podcast's I want.[/quote]

Exactly my point it's Cheap Ass Gamer, the only podcasts on the site should be the CAG casts.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Exactly my point it's Cheap Ass Gamer, the only podcasts on the site should be the CAG casts.[/quote]

But I am a Cheap Ass Gamer as well as an analyst. Have you missed the point? Just dont listen. You have that option. If it doesn't work, there is no harm in trying. CAG is one of the few podcasts on gaming I listen to. Its entertaining. Its not 2 hours of listening to peoples opinions. I hope to bring something entertaining and informative. I might be the Paris Hilton of the gaming industry but I am also the nostradamus. If I don't earn it, and I can't bring something to the table, I wont force it to happen.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Exactly my point it's Cheap Ass Gamer, the only podcasts on the site should be the CAG casts.[/quote]
I'm sure they could work the CAG prefix into the name of his show, that wouldn't be too difficult. Having more options is never a bad thing, and I think Ron would be a valuable addition to podcasts in general just because he's fairly connected to the industry.

Do it do it now.

As for a name of the show, just call it all games interactive. It isn't like Lawrence is doing anything with that show, and u did call in a lot before Scott left. Maybe jess can be your cohost/newsreader.

[quote name='RonWorkman']But I am a Cheap Ass Gamer as well as an analyst. Have you missed the point? Just dont listen. You have that option. If it doesn't work, there is no harm in trying. CAG is one of the few podcasts on gaming I listen to. Its entertaining. Its not 2 hours of listening to peoples opinions. I hope to bring something entertaining and informative. I might be the Paris Hilton of the gaming industry but I am also the nostradamus. If I don't earn it, and I can't bring something to the table, I wont force it to happen.[/quote]

No no i'll give it a shot, i'd be an idiot to just not listen i'm just coming from the site being CAG and having other podcasts on it. Will be it related to CAG in any shape or form? Or just be the Ron show and using CAG to host it?

As I mentioned in the show thread I'd gladly give it a shot. Hell I'll listen just for his voice alone...

I'm pretty sure Ron's girlfriend is still in High school. Or has she graduated since the last time you called into all games interactive? :p

[quote name='NutManIV']I'm pretty sure Ron's girlfriend is still in High school. Or has she graduated since the last time you called into all games interactive? :p[/quote]

Not true but she was young, and no, we parted ways a little bit ago. Im on the road a lot and we didn't live close. Awesome girl though.

This is what I said on this topic in the main CAGCast thread:
Destructoid has never interested me, and therefore to say Ron Workman is from there isn't much of a sell. [edited now to add: By "sell" I mean that it isn't going to work for or against him in my book]

I'll be the first to say before today I didn't realize he was a poster on CAG, but then I lurk a lot so who am I to talk?

I guess that at the very least, by having a Workman podcast on CAG, Cheapy might get more visitors to the site, which can only be good for him, so why not? I guess I'd rather it be someone I've actually heard of (you know, maybe Tanuki should get his own show hahah ;)), but just because there's an extra podcast doesn't mean CAGcast regulars HAVE to care or listen. I don't see a downside for Cheapy. [edited to add: I mean seriously, either you have another podcast to enjoy and Cheapy gets more traffic to the site, or you don't care and you ignore it. Either way, it seems harmless to those who like the CAGCast and Foreplay and aren't interested in another podcast or a Workman podcast, and probably helps Cheapy. Win-win.]

/tk

I don't know for some sick perversion I only like Cheapy and Shipwreck to be the ONLY Podcast Admin/Mod for the site.

I think it could work if you did it like the old David Spade Hollywood Minute or the show he had on Comedy Central .
If everybody was dished/picked on equally it would save a lot of bridge burning .
I definitely am interested just try to keep the amount of people 2-3 , some[most] of those old Destructoid podcasts were a clusterfuck of obnoxious shouting .

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Why have it branded as a CAG podcast? Why can't Ron make his own show that stands on its own merits?[/quote]

I'm assuming he'll get more downloads if it's labeled as a CAG podcast. I never even heard of this guy, but if he's funny I'll give him a listen.

I'll give it a listen, if it's entertaining enough it will stay in my itunes subscriptions. I've downloaded plenty of video game podcasts only to listen to 20 minutes and then delete, delete, delete!

[quote name='RonWorkman']Not true but she was young, and no, we parted ways a little bit ago. Im on the road a lot and we didn't live close. Awesome girl though.[/quote]

I wish I was you. :cry:

I think the more good content to this site the better the site becomes

Wouldn't hurt to have something else to listen to while we wait for a CAGcast or while we wait for a Ronworkman Cast :]

The more the merrier. But please do promise to never take any questions from Thorbahn3. He gets enough man love on the cagcast.

Am I the only one that thinks that Mark is trying to sneakily grab cheapy's balls in that picture?

j.k thorbahn I think you ask pretty damn relevant questions.

According to this week's podcast, IT IS HAPPENING! (WOOOOO!). So Ron, could we get a release date, guest list or any other information that will get me (oh yeah, and the CAG community) salivating and not sleeping 'til the mp3 comes down through the interwebs?

I will definately give it a listen. I have never listened to any of Ron's work, but if he is as funny as people say he is then i could see myself subscribing.

He as funny as the guys on Giant Bombcast? lol :)

bread's done
Back