Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#271 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

While the tone might have been slightly more heavy, this was always a show with some drama. Jim and Pam getting together and the fallout, Ryan as a cokehead, and Michael Scott vs. Dunder Mifflin are examples of this.

I dunno, I just don't remember any of those moments being particularly dramatic. Perhaps you are right about the tone aspect though. This certainly had a much more heavy tone than anything else they've done and certainly felt out of place. You raise an interesting point though, maybe the tone is more the falling point of sitcoms than just drama.

#272 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I think you hit it. Drama, there has been. The tone of the argument at the end of last week was just really heavy compared to what they have done before. Even the Ryan-doing-coke stuff would have Michael mugging for the camera in the background or whatever. This was something that didn't fit with the show, which is why it sort of reeled me in, at least for a week.

#273 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

New Girl S2, EP15

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#274 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Finished Last Resort, I was disappointed that they did do more with the fact that a nuclear submarine gone rogue would be feared and wanted by all nations and instead they just wanted to do a story about how Chaplain was dealing with a nutjob US government. In that regard, it was a fine enough series, though I wish they would commission another series in limited episode blocks. What really ruined it was the sex scenes involving Autumn Reeser. Sure she's hot, but it's hard to take it seriously when in another scene you have a very heated argument between Speedman and Braugher or other characters for that matter.

Batsugunner.png

#275 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Finished Last Resort, I was disappointed that they did do more with the fact that a nuclear submarine gone rogue would be feared and wanted by all nations and instead they just wanted to do a story about how Chaplain was dealing with a nutjob US government. In that regard, it was a fine enough series, though I wish they would commission another series in limited episode blocks. What really ruined it was the sex scenes involving Autumn Reeser. Sure she's hot, but it's hard to take it seriously when in another scene you have a very heated argument between Speedman and Braugher or other characters for that matter.

I was pleased by the fact that at least it had some kind of ending unlike "V" which ended on such a cliffhanger. Did not understand the point of what Reeser's character did to the president at the end and if that was needed. Also would have liked if somebody would have killed the island guy who was always trying to run things.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#276 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Finished Dexter Season 6. Another great season, but I hate cliffhanger endings.

Also finished the first 3 seasons of Archer with the girlfriend, and watched the first 3 of season 4 on the DVR. Loving that show as well.

#277 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Posted Image

Incredible new British conspiracy thriller. Fans of Fringe, or LOST should like this, but it's a really unique show. Like a lot of British shows, there's only six episodes a season. Five episodes have aired so far, and the season finale is next week. Episode 1 hooked me right away.

http://en.wikipedia....TV_series)#Plot

#278 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm big on the History channel but never really watched their version of Top Gear (I know it's the US version of a BBC show) until a few nights ago. As I'm not a car person I was surprised I enjoyed it so much; unfortunately I guess Comcast bought rights to a lot of streaming sites now as I tried watching more on History.com but it says you need an Xfinity account. -_-

#279 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Have you seen Top Gear UK? US is a wannabe poser and when it's not it's a big douche/idiot fest.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List