Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I thought I'd make this thread since I'm always interested in hearing about what people are watching, and since I really like the "Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck" thread.

Technically my last watched television program was the Super Bowl, but really the last show I've been really watching has been Fringe. I've caught episodes 1-9 straight from Hulu and will probably be caught up by the end of this week.

After that, I'm not too sure what I'll start watching; probably something off of Hulu where I can start from episode 1 since I don't have my DVDs with me now.

[quote name='will52']It wasn't surprising that the last episode of kenny vs. spenny would be amazing.[/quote]

Do you know if those are online anywhere?

Heroes: Chapter 4's kickoff was surprisingly good.

Other than that, Psych is amazing as is LOST.

Just started S3 of Dexter and that is also very fun.

Watching some Simpsons since I've been away from my house at school. Saw Treehouse of Horror 19. I enjoyed all three parts, but the first one with the transformers parody was a bit weak. The charlie brown parody was hilarious. God I love this show. I hope they never take it off the air.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Do you know if those are online anywhere?[/quote]

*cough* youtube *cough*

lol... the show is over for now. They may decide to do another show at some point. Kenny is doing some show called Testees right now. Its not that great.

How I Met Your Mother - I love this show but if it wasn't for NPH it would be cancelled already

Big bang Theory - Sheldon is awesome...

Big Love - words.cannot.describe *tears of joy*

[quote name='darkcecil32']For comedy, the following two shows hit the spot for me:

How I Met Your Mother
Chuck[/QUOTE]
I enjoy these as well. It is a few other comedies I like:
Scrubs
Big Bang Theory
Gary Unmarried
New Adventures of Old Christine
Two and Half Men

It is a few other shows:
Life (you can watch the whole series up to the last new episode on Hulu)
Lie to Me
House

[quote name='Malik112099']How I Met Your Mother - I love this show but if it wasn't for NPH it would be cancelled already

Big bang Theory - Sheldon is awesome...
[/quote]

Thats the highlight of my Monday. I use to like BBT more, but How I met your mother is comedy gold, every night. NPH is great.. its even funnier knowing the role he plays and that he's actually gay. I'm curious how many people will actually try "the Naked man"

Burn Notice. My wife and I just finished season 1 and catching up on Season 2. Its like a carefree Mcgyver... But better because it has Bruce Campbell in it.

For the love of baby Jesus, why would you create another thread using the same confusing title? Why? Think of the children!

Lost

I'm convinced that the creators of this show are just making it all up as they go along. They just like to pile on the twists and turns without any regard to how/if it all makes sense in the end. I really hate, the damn string quartet crescendoes that they add on to any and every single revelation no matter how minute or obvious it is to the audience.
I actually like the show, but I just feel that it's insulting my intelligence ( admittedly an easy feat) with every lame plot twist.
It think this lack of an end game for the show manifested itself this week when
Locke was telling Sawyer that Jack and the others have to return to the island in order to stop the time skipping phenomena. Sawyer asks "Why?" Locke's response: "It doesn't matter why! That's what has to happen!"
The whole run of the show has followed this notion that the truth behind all their troubles and tribulations is insignificant , what matters is that people tune in and watch as the survivors run around chasing each others tails. And although this approach makes for a great hour of television, it makes for a lousy 5 seasons.

I'm currently watching:

Lost
Heroes
Desperate Housewives
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles (when it comes back soon)

Also love Scrubs, but not watching this season live. Have 1-6 on DVD and will pick up 7 as well. Also watching Weeds on Netflix Instant Watch.

The last episode of Smallville didn't suck to bad. It has some replay value. Last weeks episode not so much, but Legion was awesome.

Fringe episode 10 Safe through Hulu. Best episode of the series so far. Awesome, just awesome. And after looking up who wrote the episode, it turns out it was written by the same writers who wrote episode 3 "Shadow Network' which is my other favorite up till now. This one was fantastic.

Saw the first episode of Big Love.. Seemed really awesome, and would like to see more of it. My wife didn't like it so trying to find time to watch it will be difficult.

I had high hopes for Fringe. But, its just to off the wall for me. Hoping Dollhouse will be able to fill that sci/fi niche for me.

[quote name='homeland']Saw the first episode of Big Love.. Seemed really awesome, and would like to see more of it. My wife didn't like it so trying to find time to watch it will be difficult.

I had high hopes for Fringe. But, its just to off the wall for me. Hoping Dollhouse will be able to fill that sci/fi niche for me.[/quote]

I seem to hear that from a lot of people, but just like X-Files, I enjoy the philosophical questions it raises.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I seem to hear that from a lot of people, but just like X-Files, I enjoy the philosophical questions it raises.[/quote]

Like, is it ethical to enter into the mind of your dead boyfriend?

lol j.k.. I give the show props though, I really thought he was going to kill that cow in the beginning.

[quote name='homeland']Like, is it ethical to enter into the mind of your dead boyfriend?

lol j.k.. I give the show props though, I really thought he was going to kill that cow in the beginning.[/quote]

:lol: The cow, astrid, and Walter are some of my favorite aspects of the show. Anna Torv has finally grown into the character (somewhat) and Jackson (can't remember his first name) was always good, but those other character are probably the best parts of the show. I like how the cow has grown its on screen time as the show has progressed.

anyway,

NBA Lakers vs Cavaliers. Go Lakers!!

Saw these episodes over the weekend.
Rated on a scale of 1 to 5.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Battle 3/5
Hide and Q 4/5
Haven 2/5
The Big Goodbye 4/5

Denpa Shonen: Nasubi. I watched the entire first season on Hulu yesterday and loved it. Could you live solely off of sweepstakes wins? COULD YOU HANDLE IT?! Probably not. He went eight months, EIGHT MONTHS without toilet paper. And fifteen months without clothes. Who would have guessed it was so hard to win clothes? Anyone wanting to look it up, I must warn you. There is a lot of bare ass in the show. But no frontal. They block everything else out with an eggplant graphic. It really is amazing though to see how much he changes.

It's perfect for the sweepstakes board goers.

I watched that show for the first time the other day and it was like a soap box, but in the future and in outerspace. I think they threw in some crack to the writers too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']House and 24 continue to not suck.[/QUOTE]

Those are the only two shows I make sure and watch every week.

[quote name='VipFREAK']There's one show you should steer clear of... Thank god it's not around too.

Six Feet Under[/quote]

Huh? I LOVE Six Feet Under. Own the whole series on DVD and will definitely be buying it again if it ever comes out on bluray.

Watched East Bound and Down and I think I am going to love this show.

Not according to season 5 episode 1 it isn't...

Edit: I'm gonna add Half of episode 2 to that too.

Someone was taking some pretty fucked up hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I throw my support behind this thread a TV thread is much needed. I watch a crap ton of tv

Saw dollhouse and I hope it gets ratings to stay. Was entertaining plus it has some intriguing mysteries

Just watched Trust Me. A new series on TNT. It stars the guy from ED, and Will from Will and Grace. Its pretty good, no Mad Men but good.

Eastbound and down ... meh. Some funny moments but not sure if it'll be a regular for me. Will give episode 2 a try and decide from there.

[quote name='jlarlee']I throw my support behind this thread a TV thread is much needed. I watch a crap ton of tv

Saw dollhouse and I hope it gets ratings to stay. Was entertaining plus it has some intriguing mysteries[/quote]

I missed Dollhouse last Friday because of work that night, but I'm hoping to catch up on it in the upcoming days through Hulu whenever I get some free time from my frenetic schedule of constant work interspersed by school.

Just watched Dollhouse and I was impressed.

It started off slow, but I was definitely into it by the end.

I just hope it doesn't get canceled before the story even starts to develop.

[quote name='homeland']Just watched Trust Me. A new series on TNT. It stars the guy from ED, and Will from Will and Grace. Its pretty good, no Mad Men but good.[/quote]

Hmm... sounds interesting. Although it's a tall order to surpass Mad Men.

Saw these episodes over the weekend.
Rated on a scale of 1 to 5.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Datalore 4/5
Angel One 2/5
11001001 3/5
Too Short A Season 3/5

[quote name='VipFREAK']Hmm... sounds interesting. Although it's a tall order to surpass Mad Men.[/quote]

Of course no show is better than Mad Men.. i just compared it to mad men because its about an Ad agency and its a drama.

bread's done
Back