Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#241 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

There's actually a couple of those shows now, one on A&E(Storage Wars) and one on Spike TV(forget the name though). But knowing my luck if I tried doing the storage unit buying thing I'd end up buying a unit full of stuff that smelled like cat piss and was worthless.:cry:

That's how almost all storage auctions are. I've been to some and only seen one locker that tempted me; it was full of neatly packed boxes and there was some artwork bubblewrapped. The rest is only worthwhile if you sell used furniture or have a flea market. Lots of furniture, old clothes, and junk that people should have never paid monthly fees to store.

#242 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

#243 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

I've been making my way through Breaking Bad Season 1, Psych Season 4, Dexter Seasons 3+4, and all of I'ts always Sunny in Philadelphia. Probably starting the Wire tomorrow.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Twin Peaks, which I just started on Netflix the other day.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#244 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

I didn't like Dexter after Season 1. Other than the psycho girlfriend they introduced in Season 2 and Doakes, all of the other characters are cardboard. And Dexter isn't exactly based on a psychologically exact profile of serial killers. It was entertaining for a season, but during two it just lost something for me, and I thought three was ridiculous.

Breaking Bad is awesome; it gets really good in Season 3 and this new season should be great.

I haven't seen Twin Peaks in forever, since it came on. How does it hold up?

#245 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

This is my first time watching it and I'm only an episode in so I can't really answer that, but the first episode was very good.

#246 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I actually love Storage Wars. I mean yes it is a reality show but the personalities of the people are just great/funny. Plus it's fun to see what kind of crap people store. It amazes me people will store like a $3000 collectable item and then not pay for their locker. I haven't watched the one on Spike because it looks like a terrible knockoff.

I also been addicting to some of the weird shows about people on TLC like My Strange Addiction and Hoarding: Buried Alive.

Other than that I don't watch much TV anymore except for the discovery/science channel.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#247 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Me and the wife used to watch Pushing Daisies. It's a shame it's no longer on the air. It's brave of you to watch a cancelled show knowing it'll never be finished.

Every once in a while I catch Storage Wars (I think). That's the show where people buy storage units at auction? It makes me want to do it too. I know I couldn't make tons of money doing it, but for a few hundred dollars it would be like effing Christmas.

I don't mind watching canceled shows. Yeah, I know what you mean about them never finishing a plot point or thread. They did the same thing to another Brian Fuller show, his genius Dead Like Me. Who knows, maybe Pushing Daisies will get a direct to dvd movie or something.

#248 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

I didn't like Dexter after Season 1. Other than the psycho girlfriend they introduced in Season 2 and Doakes, all of the other characters are cardboard. And Dexter isn't exactly based on a psychologically exact profile of serial killers. It was entertaining for a season, but during two it just lost something for me, and I thought three was ridiculous.

Breaking Bad is awesome; it gets really good in Season 3 and this new season should be great.

Season 4 brings Dexter back to Season 1. I personally enjoyed Season 2, while season 3 is probably just mediocre and the weakest of the bunch. Definitely watch Season 4 and see if it reignites the show for you.

#249 bcowns

bcowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

Undercover Boss is a pretty good show

#250 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:34 AM

Season 4 brings Dexter back to Season 1. I personally enjoyed Season 2, while season 3 is probably just mediocre and the weakest of the bunch. Definitely watch Season 4 and see if it reignites the show for you.

I think I tried a couple episodes of that one and couldn't get into it. I just dislike all the characters besides Dexter so much that whenever they deviate from him, the show loses all its momentum.

I recently got a bunch of seasons of Lost for really cheap from a video store that was closing. Is it worth starting? I've heard all kinds of reviews on it, so I'm debating whether I want to put my time into it.

#251 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

The Booster Gold Episode of Smallville was so much better than I expected!

#252 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

I think I tried a couple episodes of that one and couldn't get into it. I just dislike all the characters besides Dexter so much that whenever they deviate from him, the show loses all its momentum.

I recently got a bunch of seasons of Lost for really cheap from a video store that was closing. Is it worth starting? I've heard all kinds of reviews on it, so I'm debating whether I want to put my time into it.

Depending oo if you want answers to the mysteries or a good ending for the characters will dictate how you like the ending. Watching them back-to-back would probably be less frustrating since you wouldn't have to wait years to see how it plays out.
Posted Image

#253 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Just finished Archer Season 1 off Netflix. Really fun show, and so glad all the episodes are a quick 20 minutes or so.

Started Reaper through Netflix, also, and have greatly enjoyed it. through episode 7/8.

#254 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

If you folks out there haven't seen or heard of it, the newer show Happy Endings is pretty damn funny. Give it a shot, heck if just so you can tell your Co-workers "Hey! I really enjoy Happy Endings!"

#255 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

I saw the premere, all it seemed to be was cute chicks thrown into a shitty show. So much potential with that kind of title. Sad.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#256 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

Camelot. It's no Dexter but it is keeping me from never using my television outside of gaming sessions. Everything else I either forget to watch or ignore until the season (Burn Notice, Supernatural, Psych) is over then download or stream what I've missed. This on the other hand I haven't missed a new episode yet.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#257 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

If you folks out there haven't seen or heard of it, the newer show Happy Endings is pretty damn funny. Give it a shot, heck if just so you can tell your Co-workers "Hey! I really enjoy Happy Endings!"

I second this
Posted Image

#258 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I watch Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes, American Pickers, and Surivivor and that's it. Oh yea, and Walking Dead when it comes on again.

Other than that, I was the local and national news on CBS.

I watched Sold! on History, but it was terrible.
Posted Image

#259 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Finished Weeds Season 6 last night.

Man that show has really went down hill since they burned down Agrestic. It used to be funny as hell, now it's mostly drama and very few laughs. :(

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#260 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Just finished all of the trailer park boys and the first season of Friday night lights. Both were amazing. Now I'm working on the first season of battlestar galactica and season 4 of psych. After that ill probably finish season 1 of breaking bad and then start mad men.

#261 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

I am now caught up with Burn Notice, so I think it is time to start Mad Men!!!!!!

#262 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Finally got around to starting up Battlestar Galactica after noticing its all on the Amazon Prime streaming video now.

Watched the miniseries and first two episodes of season 1 yesterday. Loving it so far.

#263 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm 1/2 way through Season 4 of Breaking Bad on Netflix (with all of Season 5 so far hogging space on my DVR). It may be the best show I've ever seen. I can't believe how great it is.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#264 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Continuum (Rachel Nichols)

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#265 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I have to say that the best new show for the Summer imho has been "The Newsroom" on HBO.

A well acted and interesting look at a dramatization of the process and people in a newsroom.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#266 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Finished up BSG finally. I didn't think the ending was all that bad. Much better than Lost's IMO. But I was braced for it to be lackluster due to all the bitching.

Also started watching Archer with the girlfriend. We finished Season 1 yesterday. Loving it so far.

Have Season 6 of Dexter on Blu from Netflix to start on as well.

#267 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

The first couple of seasons for Heroes. That was the last show I watched that was addicting.

#268 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Tried to find the (really old) thread for The Office but it wasn't coming up for some reason.

I know it has fallen off the radar for many (including myself), but anyone have thoughts about the stunt they pulled last week? I saw some people flipping out about it after it was over and watched it on Hulu...seemed like an interesting enough twist for me to go out of my way to watch the follow-up tonight. If you didn't watch it and/or don't care to -
Spoiler

I was hoping this going to be a mindfuck thing on the level of Roseanne's final season being all made up, or ALF getting captured by the government in the final episode, but this week I thought they kind of blew it a little. Subtlety goes a long way and there wasn't much of that to be found.
Spoiler
That's a little much for me. I know they are short on time at this point, but it seems like they are coming on way too strong with trying to make
Spoiler

Regardless, I assume they'll be too afraid to have anything but a happy ending when the show concludes.
Posted Image

#269 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Tried to find the (really old) thread for The Office but it wasn't coming up for some reason.

I know it has fallen off the radar for many (including myself), but anyone have thoughts about the stunt they pulled last week? I saw some people flipping out about it after it was over and watched it on Hulu...seemed like an interesting enough twist for me to go out of my way to watch the follow-up tonight. If you didn't watch it and/or don't care to -

Spoiler

I was hoping this going to be a mindfuck thing on the level of Roseanne's final season being all made up, or ALF getting captured by the government in the final episode, but this week I thought they kind of blew it a little. Subtlety goes a long way and there wasn't much of that to be found.
Spoiler
That's a little much for me. I know they are short on time at this point, but it seems like they are coming on way too strong with trying to make
Spoiler

Regardless, I assume they'll be too afraid to have anything but a happy ending when the show concludes.

I popped onto hulu to watch the last few minutes of last week's office episode. I haven't watched the show since a couple episodes into the season after Michael left. That moment at the end of last week's episode is just ugh. You can always tell when a sitcom is going downhill and that's when they start relying on drama. It's fitting you mentioned Roseanne because that's another sitcom that tried the "serious moments" and fell flat on its face.

#270 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

While the tone might have been slightly more heavy, this was always a show with some drama. Jim and Pam getting together and the fallout, Ryan as a cokehead, and Michael Scott vs. Dunder Mifflin are examples of this.