CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
For those of you who are participating in the beta for the new CAG features, please use this thread for bug tracking. Thanks!
If you are posting a bug, please post your browser and version along with it.

Notes:

• Currently, only the Price Tracker and Profiles are live
  • The old Home/Deals/Blogs/Forums/Podcasts/Games will be replaced soon
  • Emails are going out in waves

Last edited by a moderator:
Look under the Cheap Ass Gamer logo. See all those new things? Looks like this:
(your name) |what's new|deals|forums|blogs|podcasts|games|price tracker|

I love'em, but it's an eyesore to see them uncapitalized (Especially my name)

I hope this isn't permanent, they'd look so much better with proper English.

WOMG A NEW LINE OF MENU OPTIONS JUST SHOWED UP INS MY CAG

*looks*

Edit: Hmmm. Games -> My collection....

"This feature requires a code sent to beta testers."

*awaits*

Edit 2: Oooo. "Match maker." I likes the sound of that.

[quote name='Strell']WOMG A NEW LINE OF MENU OPTIONS JUST SHOWED UP INS MY CAG

*looks*

Edit: Hmmm. Games -> My collection....

"This feature requires a code sent to beta testers."

*awaits*

Edit 2: Oooo. "Match maker." I likes the sound of that.[/quote]

The features will be coming online gradually - starting with the price tracker and new user profiles. You'll be able to keep track of the new features as they come online through the beta info page.

[quote name='John']The features will be coming online gradually - starting with the price tracker and new user profiles. You'll be able to keep track of the new features as they come online through the beta info page.[/QUOTE]

Neat. Good luck and speed with all, John.

/good avatar choice by the way

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The second bar is redundant.[/quote]

Yep, one or the other will be changing soon - the redundancy is only short-term.

Looks nice John. I'm looking forward to when this gets rolled out to the rest of us.

I'm not sure if this is a result of the beta, but it seems like the site is loading a lot slower.

I can't get anything to show up in the price tracker, no matter what options I choose. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

There really isn't much to see yet, but try clicking on the days on the calendar.
Yeah, there is a bug.

When you click the "CHEAP ASS GAMER" banner and your info drops down the second bar sits on top of it.

22502742if3.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']When you click the "CHEAP ASS GAMER" banner and your info drops down the second bar sits on top of it.
[/quote]
What browser and version are you using? Thanks.

Nice avatar Super Programmer John, and thanks for all of these updates. The profiles look gorgeous and everything is really easy to get to. Getting a giant picture of the Xbox avatars to show up was a nice touch. Nothing is showing up for the price tracket for me either, but I haven't really played with it too much yet. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Seems pretty cool. I'll have to mess around with it tomorrow. I can't wait to do my game collection. Hopefully I get a beta code. I like the look of the new profile page though.

I really like the stuff I am seeing so far. However when I click on the price tracker page I get no data. Is there supposed to be something? I use Firefox 3.0.5

Could it be possible to make the Avatar space a little higher? My Avatar's cool hat is being cut off by my Gamertag.

[quote name='KingBroly']Could it be possible to make the Avatar space a little higher? My Avatar's cool hat is being cut off by my Gamertag.[/quote]

Yeah, the space could be a bit higher or the avatar a tad smaller.

I love how we have achievements for the message board now. :lol:

[quote name='fazfznz']i also get no data in the price tracker page[/quote]
If you click on the dates on the calendar it works, it seems like the current date doesn't work right now.

person who posted b4 me, that's how I got mine. and nope clicking on the calender dates doesnt fix it either .. Like cheapy said theres a bug

Oh, wow, when you people said Avatars I didn't realize you meant the XBL ones, but there they are. Now if only MS would make them more customizable so they didn't all look the same... Anyway, nice touch on the profiles there.

And you gotta love the Cheap Ass Gamer cheesemints :rofl:. Any word on what some others will be? (For those who can't see them the only one I see now is "Beta Tester - Access to CAG Beta Features". They are actually "Awards" shown in the new profile page).

I only hope there will be some place for game trade-in values from different stores in the collection/game database somewhere. That is a must have IMO so we can replace the old Wiki and not rely on thread OPs to keep those lists as we do now.

[quote name='CheapyD']What browser and version are you using? Thanks.[/quote]

I am using IE8 Beta. I switched over to compatibility view and it still does it. Maybe just an IE8 thing though.

[quote name='CheapyD']What browser and version are you using? Thanks.[/quote]

I tried three browsers and two of them had problems. Internet Explorer 7 (Fully updated) and Avant Browser's latest version (A modded IE browser). Of course Firefox 2 had no problems.

There's a slight problem with the iTrader. If you look at my forum posts, it says my iTrader rating is 25. If I check my new profile, it says my iTrader is 24. I just got an iTrader rating yesterday evening though.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You should center the new bar. It looks off on the left.[/quote]

completely agree :applause:
it looks specially off in a widescreen monitor. Also, i agree that it would be better if you capitalize the letters. ^^

[quote name='The Mana Knight']There's a slight problem with the iTrader. If you look at my forum posts, it says my iTrader rating is 25. If I check my new profile, it says my iTrader is 24. I just got an iTrader rating yesterday evening though.[/quote]

Yeah, iTrader will be temporarily out of synch until we switch over to the new system.

Very interesting. The awards thing is a pretty funny idea.

I look forward to the rest of the new features. The game collection database will be fantastic!

For the record, that issue with hitting the "Cheap Ass Gamer" logo and having the new bar be on top of the drop down menu is not happening to me on Chrome 1.0.154.46. Looks fine.

Issue: Getting no confirmation/no success when modifying and saving under "Edit New Post Settings"

Idea: Include User's tradelist link (if applicable) on their profile summary page or at least on the top of the feedback tab.

thanks and looks good otherwise! Having awards is pretty fun.

bread's done
Back