• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

Nope it was me, I proudly admit it

#62 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:45 AM

Holy Crap! I just heard it too, and it is awesome.

I literally just laughed for 10 minutes straight and farted myself.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#63 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

nice, timely release of the podcast. The maid story was great. I can't remember too much more about the show now, since i listened to it hours ago, but i'm sure i'll listen again tomorrow and maybe have some more comments. Thanks for the work.
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#64 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

Cheapy, I've noticed that you always say "waiting online" when you mean "waiting in line" for something. What's up with that?

#65 n11n12

n11n12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Cheapy, I've noticed that you always say "waiting online" when you mean "waiting in line" for something. What's up with that?

It's an expression among New Yorkers. Either that or they like to actually lay spread out on the heads of the people standing properly IN line.

Remind me to never visit a DMV in New York.

#66 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

The truth behind Christian Bale's rant.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#67 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

Huh. Found out Shipwreck and I have the same birthday, along with the fact that Wombat's an ass for not mentioning mine in his quest for mentioning birthdays for the week. Though I guess since I'm hated by CAGcast fans that it was probably a PR move... Not.

I think 3 on 3 NHL Arcade does support six players online, so feel free to buy it like you wanted to.

That glassass site was talked about extensively on the Smodcast, which is probably why I'd never watch it from the description and subsequent break down that the Smodcast.

Good show.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 05 February 2009 - 03:43 AM.

#68 Steadybear

Steadybear

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

Checking in from Rochester to vouch for garbage plates. Sorry be right back my left arm is tingling.

#69 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

who cares what anyone rates a game anymore. online and magazine reviews arent important and havent been for a while. the best way to know if a game sucks or not is watch videos and ask people with the same tastes as you even beter rent it. and anyone who buys into reviews done by "official" magazines is a retard. theyre always biased regardless because why would they say their own games suck. that said some reviewers are biased though.

btw cheapy if you see your wife leaving for work with that poop bag filled up i suggest you toss out and or burn all your chopsticks. take no chances.

#70 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:44 AM

good show guys, best joke of the show goes to Stu for his Michael Phelps joke. I did enjoy the crazy maid story though. Btw, Batman acted like a baby not like a grown up or a superhero.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#71 Zero_Kirby

Zero_Kirby

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:57 AM

nice
Posted Image

#72 MassiveDuck

MassiveDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:58 AM

stew? I'm a frequent listener, and I haven't heard that one before. Has that been reviled before this show?

#73 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:05 AM

Has that been reviled before this show?

I, for one, never could stand it!

#74 ViolentRaven

ViolentRaven

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

Holy shit you were right wombat space pirates was fucking awsome!

#75 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

Since CAG 2.0 launched, it's been freely available for anyone to see. Go to the podcast page and then CAGcast to see Wombat's full name with his profile. I've seen Shipwreck's full name posted somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

#76 Bretts31344

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

Wombat has been harassing Cheapy to watch Indiana Jones for last several cagcast. Cheapy, do NOT watch it. You would be doing yourself a favor burning you eyes out with acid and stomping on what ever remains than watching it. It is absolutely horrible.

#77 MassiveDuck

MassiveDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

Since CAG 2.0 launched, it's been freely available for anyone to see. Go to the podcast page and then CAGcast to see Wombat's full name with his profile. I've seen Shipwreck's full name posted somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Why the change of heart? I remember him actively going out of his way to avoid saying it be before.

#78 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

Video proof:
http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=6232

#79 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

This is the type of in-depth investigation that is on the levels of crime scene investigators.

Cheapy's promise is a promise I believe in, I think Cheapy's oddly proud of his bodily functions to where he would've probably admitted it if he shat himself during a fart on air.

godlyone.gif

#80 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Video proof:
http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=6232

I love it how you'll take the time to make this.

You better keep your promise Cheapy.... too many lives are riding on this.

#81 JohnnyFoxDarko

JohnnyFoxDarko

Yes, hello.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hey Wombat, your gas sounds a lot like when Mario jumps.

#82 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Great show guys, especially when the discussion shifted to the balls of goo, I started laughing out-loud and had people looking at me.

Far Cry 2 is a great game. I do not mind going to the safe houses as I am traveling to a mission to save, or saving after taking the bus to me target area. As for safe house upgrading, I am in the south part of the country, about 68% finished, and my safe houses have health, ammo, explosives, and vehicles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Cheapy should play World of Goo, there is a Mac version if he doesn't want to dust off the Wii.

#84 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Wombat,

While your opinions about disliking FarCry 2’s save system might resonate initially, I believe that knocking the game’s lack of ability to save at any time is short-sighted, and missing the whole point of the experience: the thrill of survival. While I wouldn’t dare say that the game is without its flaws, I feel that FarCry 2 really succeeds at thrusting the player into the middle of a living, breathing, dangerous wilderness in which you never escape the awareness of the fight for survival.

One quick example to highlight my point: I had been playing FarCry 2 for 45 minutes since my last visit to a Safe House and, after having gone “of the beaten path” on a diamond escapade, found myself stranded on a 150ft. high ledge with nowhere to go but straight down. I noticed a small river at the bottom of my would-be plunge into the ravine, and considered if it was deep enough for me to be able to survive the dive. So, I backed up far enough to get a running start, considered my options (lose 45 minutes of gaming or risk jumping for it), then hauled ass towards the ledge and—for the first time ever in a game—closed my eyes and pressed the jump button. My stomach knotted and my 2 second fall seemed 10 times longer than it actually was, but I opened my eyes when I heard the splash of water, then grinned ear-to-ear: the body of water was deep enough, and I had survived, unscathed.

At the end of this whole ordeal, I gained a whole new level of respect for the experience that Ubisoft Montreal has delivered in FarCry 2; and it has also allowed me to challenge other gamers with this question: when was the last time that a videogame actually made you hold your breath, close your eyes, knot your stomach, and clinch your sphincter in anticipation of possible death? Probably never. I my honest opinion, it's FarCry 2’s ability to constantly do this that elevates the experience to an artistic level of design, and I applaud its developers for doing so.

In an industry filled with fun, yet mind-numbing open-world gaming experiences, it’s refreshing to play a title that makes progression go hand-in-hand with your own ability to constantly fight for survival. FarCry 2 is an amazing experience, and I hope that gamers everywhere can look past its unorthodox save system to see the real “diamond in the briefcase”. 8-)

#85 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

Wombat,

While your opinions about disliking FarCry 2’s save system might resonate initially, I believe that knocking the game’s lack of ability to save at any time is short-sighted, and missing the whole point of the experience: the thrill of survival. While I wouldn’t dare say that the game is without its flaws, I feel that FarCry 2 really succeeds at thrusting the player into the middle of a living, breathing, dangerous wilderness in which you never escape the awareness of the fight for survival.

One quick example to highlight my point: I had been playing FarCry 2 for 45 minutes since my last visit to a Safe House and, after having gone “of the beaten path” on a diamond escapade, found myself stranded on a 150ft. high ledge with nowhere to go but straight down. I noticed a small river at the bottom of my would-be plunge into the ravine, and considered if it was deep enough for me to be able to survive the dive. So, I backed up far enough to get a running start, considered my options (lose 45 minutes of gaming or risk jumping for it), then hauled ass towards the ledge and—for the first time ever in a game—closed my eyes and pressed the jump button. My stomach knotted and my 2 second fall seemed 10 times longer than it actually was, but I opened my eyes when I heard the splash of water, then grinned ear-to-ear: the body of water was deep enough, and I had survived, unscathed.

At the end of this whole ordeal, I gained a whole new level of respect for the experience that Ubisoft Montreal has delivered in FarCry 2; and it has also allowed me to challenge other gamers with this question: when was the last time that a videogame actually made you hold your breath, close your eyes, knot your stomach, and clinch your sphincter in anticipation of possible death? Probably never. I my honest opinion, it's FarCry 2’s ability to constantly do this that elevates the experience to an artistic level of design, and I applaud its developers for doing so.

In an industry filled with fun, yet mind-numbing open-world gaming experiences, it’s refreshing to play a title that makes progression go hand-in-hand with your own ability to constantly fight for survival. FarCry 2 is an amazing experience, and I hope that gamers everywhere can look past its unorthodox save system to see the real “diamond in the briefcase”. 8-)

I thought I had read that in FC2 you don't really "die" in this game...one of your comrades always pulls you away as everything fades to black?

Cheapy and Wombat brought up Dead Rising as another game with a bad save system. I think the point of these games is to force the player to make decisions and live with them. You can't replay the same scenarios over and over trying to complete it the "best" way.

Once I came to terms with the rules the game imposed I found Dead Rising to be one of my most enjoyable games ever.

#86 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

Listened to the show yesterday....forgot what you guys talked about, no complaints and it was entertaining. Good job, thanks.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#87 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Wombat,

The extra thrill that this system creates when you succeed doesn't compensate for the utter annoyance you feel when things don't go your way. People stop playing games over things like this. It's time to move past "going back and replaying" as a punishment in games. "Losing 45 minutes of gaming" should never be an option that has to be weighed in the first place.

#88 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Cheapy, you thought UGO got a lot of responses? Check out this awesome video of Adam Sessler ripping a new asshole into the fanboys for X-Play's review of KZ2. it's epic. :)

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...ml#commentpost

Enjoy!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#89 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

The extra thrill that this system creates when you succeed doesn't compensate for the utter annoyance you feel when things don't go your way. People stop playing games over things like this. It's time to move past "going back and replaying" as a punishment in games. "Losing 45 minutes of gaming" should never be an option that has to be weighed in the first place.

I see your point, but I think the issue at hand deserves more than just a "black or white" approach: there's lots of instances in which I would agree with you, but, as I said in my post, I feel that FarCry 2's limited save system actually enhances the type of gameplay that its developers were aiming for.

IMHO, it's a bit narrow-minded to think that, in a game that's all about creating a realistic sense of survival, the experience is broken when "things don't go your way". Heck, even in our cushy American lifestyles, things don't always go the way we'd like--I would imagine that trying to survive in the type of environment depicted in FarCry 2 would result in a lot of chance if careful planning wasn't involved; but if the option of saving anywhere existed, players would stop planning and instead rely on the whole "do-ever" phenomenon, which would break the entire illusion. At that point, you're just left with any other run-of-the-mill FPS, which God knows there's way too many of.

I agree that the type of save system used in FarCry 2 wouldn't work in every game, but I think it's ignorant not to see its purpose in FarCry 2.

#90 crazytalkx

crazytalkx

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hilarious show yet again, fellows.
I must say that Wombat's status as a former manwhore has placed him on a higher pedestal, at least for this CAG. New chick every two weeks? Never fetching beer for three years?
DAYUM.