CAGCAST gets me though the day.

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
I've only started listening to CAGCASTS for last last 4 weeks or so, and what I've been doing is listening to it in the car on my way to work. (which is about a 25min drive)

So one episode will last 2 days of driving to and from work, and I must say, they brighten up the day. In the morning I used to wait til the last minute to get and the car and go to work, now I leave early so I can fire up the CAGCAST in the car.

I used to hate the drive home from work because of traffic and crazy drivers, but I don't mind it as much when I can listen to CheapyD and Wombat.

Its kinda weird I know, but it helps out a lot, so I wanna thank you guys and perhaps you can lengthen the show to about 5 hours. :lol:

Glad to see such an active community for this site and I'm looking forward to being part of it...

... and NO, I'm not gay.

Yea I would say on my 60 mile commute the CAGcast really helps. 2 hr shows are a must!

Keep up the good work Cheapy and Wombat!

Download other podcasts, try them out and see what you like. It seems like this is your first podcast, there are tons of great shows to listen that makes trips to work/school/etc a lot faster.

I listen to CAG and all my podcasts in bed, it's really only the time I get to listen because i'm normally pretty busy.

I take the bus to school and man the CAGcast is awesome for this since it's always about an hour and a half

This was my first podcast there are a bunch of great ones out there! DL as much as you can :]

Though the only problem listening to CAG in public is that you look like a complete idiot when you start laughing out loud on the bus/train.

True, usually Wombat makes some bitter comment to Cheapy which makes me laugh...

Wombat: "Did you watch the new Indiana Jones yet?"
CheapyD: "No."
Wombat: "Whatever, I hate you, what's NEXT?"

[quote name='saunderscowie']Though the only problem listening to CAG in public is that you look like a complete idiot when you start laughing out loud on the bus/train.[/quote]

I run into this problem as well. I listen to the CAGcast in a university studying center while waiting for my classes and often receive these "you are an idiot" looks. I also often forget that the volumes on the computers are automatically set back to the max every time you log on. The beginning music often attracts a lot of attention.

I've been here since 2004 but for some reason I never listened to the CaGCasts til a week or two ago. Doubly weird cuz I love all the crazy videos CheapyD posts. Look forward to every one of 'em now. Foreplay is decent too, but Cheapy and Wombat's talk chemistry is just too good. Reminds me of listening to Loveline years ago, in terms of entertainment.

I listen to the 'cast while on a walk with my dog in the morning. It usually lasts for three days that way. I listen to Stern on my way to wrk. i used to DL like a dozen gaming podcasts, cause I could listen @ work. Now I can't listen at work, so I only DL cagcast & smodcast.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']

Glad to see such an active community for this site and I'm looking forward to being part of it...

... and NO, I'm not gay.[/quote]

LMAO! Classic. I agree show gets me through the day as well...that is until I hear the XBOTS go on their PS3 hating fanboy rants.

I kid, I kid.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Though the only problem listening to CAG in public is that you look like a complete idiot when you start laughing out loud on the bus/train.[/QUOTE]

Listeining to a recent cagcast they started to talk about indie and the nazis and i said nazi out loud twice

I listen to cagcast right now when I'm at school during my AP Calculus class.
My class is busy studying for the exam and I'm not cause I'm not taking it.
One time, I almost laughed out loud because something funny happened. But yeah.. it would be embarrassing if i laughed in total silence.

There's no doubt that the CAGcast is a great show and that Cheapy and Wombat are big room podcasting talent but you get the impression that their hearts just aren't in it lately. The patchy schedule is one of the trademarks of a podcast that has run its natural course and is on the way out.

I hear you. The Cagcast, and podcasts in general, brighten my day.

Other good ones:
Mega64 Podcast
Retronauts
various ones on 1UP
Giant Bombcast

The Giant Bombcast is often over 2 hours, and it's always fun to listen to.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']You a g1? I saw your Screwattack Canada video[/quote]

Yeah, I am, well, sort of. I post more stuff on CAG now though. Screwattack is great, but most of the comments on my stuff were negative, while the stuff I post here gets a more positive response.

But I did find CAG from seeing CheapyD on the "Hard News" show on Screwattack.

Yes, CAGcast definitely helps me out.

lol, Wombat's voice there is friggin amazing lololololololol. Cheapy is so friggin mean tho.

the cagcast helps turn my 5 day work week into basically a four day work week. the one day a week i listen to the cast i usually start it at my first delivery spot and finish my route right around the time the cast is just finishing up and it's so entertaining i don't even consider myself working while i'm listening to it. it's also the reason i joined this site and have been lurking ever since.

The CAGcast helped me though my first two semesters at college this past fall/winter. It was always nice to hear them in the car driving downtown to my community college. I usually was late, but i found my self going extra early so i could listen to them in my car- then to my ipod while getting coffee waiting for my morning classes to start.

Thank you CheapyD and Wombat!

I usally listen to all of it the day it comes out and then every night until the next comes out, i listen to it in bed before i go to sleep since it helps me get to sleep lol

bread's done
Back