Photo
- - - - -

Official CAG board/card game topic. From Dominion to Battlestar we gots it all!

• Please log in to reply
857 replies to this topic

#751 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

I ordered a copy of Food Fight from amazon. I like the iOS version of this game (by the same dev that made the pretty superb iOS version of Ascension), except for the online - this game does not translate well to asynch play at all. It's really not fun, drafting 2 cards and then waiting half a day to be able to draft 2 more cards. Repeat. If and when they add live play and/or timers (short timers), the online will be fun.

The game is very light, but still has enough variety and card combos to keep it fun, and it will be a lot of fun to play with my kids, so I'm looking forward to receiving my physical copy. It should arrive Thursday, maybe sooner.

Crunchewy.png

#752 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

I just got Hey! that's my fish Mayfair for $9.99 the other day. Good price I see it for 19.99 at most places, I think it was priced wrong. I played once with my son it was fun. Anybody else have it?
Smile

#753 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

My wife and I just finished a review for the sadly overlooked Crows(we are actually the first people at BGG to review it!). I would really encourage everyone to take a look at it. because this game deserves a lot more attention!

http://boardgamegeek...article/8524574

Also dont know if it will help anyone or not but the developer of Farmageddon sent my wife and I a print and play copy of his game for review. Farmageddon is currently being kickstartered, so we intend to have the review up by Thursday at the latest.

Finally id just like to toss out that our collection broke 200 games a month or so ago. I think after the newest stuff we ordered shows up that we will be iting at abut 225ish!

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#754 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Somebody posted in that thread for your review, this overview video of Crows. It looks pretty fun. I'm going to put it on my list:

http://boardgamegeek...-crows-overview

Crunchewy.png

#755 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Somebody posted in that thread for your review, this overview video of Crows. It looks pretty fun. I'm going to put it on my list:

http://boardgamegeek...-crows-overview

Hehe that was me that posted that in my own review! He really does do a great job in that overview. Hopefully between it and our shining review more people start picking it up.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner

#756 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki

Powered by apathy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Since I'm such a sci-fi whore, I'm already warming my wallet for Rex, the new one game by Fantasy Flight based in the Twilight Imperium universe.

http://www.boardgame...ys-of-an-empire

#757 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hill's has Guardians of Graxia for $15 today. Any good?

http://www.wholesale...rdiansofgraxia/

#758 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Played The Stars are right tonight. My wife and I both really liked it...but man is the game a brain burner since its so outside what we have played before.

#759 Jek Porkins

Jek Porkins

The Big Man in Orange

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Played The Stars are right tonight. My wife and I both really liked it...but man is the game a brain burner since its so outside what we have played before.

Fun game, but I found that a couple of people in our gaming group just don't have the spatial relation skills in order to play. About three or four failed declarations of victory made it an exercise in futility for them. I like it a lot, though! =)
RedSix, Standing By!

Posted Image

#760 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Been playing Ora Et Labora several times. Even my mom likes it. It has a sort of Agricola crossed with Le Havre feel but is less stressful than Agricola (no feeding phase). Will probably play it again tonight.

#761 Jek Porkins

Jek Porkins

The Big Man in Orange

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Been playing Ora Et Labora several times. Even my mom likes it. It has a sort of Agricola crossed with Le Havre feel but is less stressful than Agricola (no feeding phase). Will probably play it again tonight.

I got Ora et Labora, and I'm dying to play it, but it's been back-burnered until my group calms down about Risk: Legacy (which is pretty dang great, if you can come to terms with tearing up cards and writing on the board).
RedSix, Standing By!

Posted Image

#762 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

Fun game, but I found that a couple of people in our gaming group just don't have the spatial relation skills in order to play. About three or four failed declarations of victory made it an exercise in futility for them. I like it a lot, though! =)

Yeah I imagine the spatial recognition thing combined with it being so outside the box makes it a difficult game for some people. I mean as I said before my wife and I both felt like our brains were twisting and contorting while playing that game ;)

#763 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

FYI, Crows is down to $24.73 at amazon, which is the lowest it's ever been there according to camelcamelcamel. I''m tempted, but still not entirely sure it's going to be my cup of tea.

http://camelcamelcam...QE4UC?locale=US

Crunchewy.png

#764 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

FYI, Crows is down to $24.73 at amazon, which is the lowest it's ever been there according to camelcamelcamel. I''m tempted, but still not entirely sure it's going to be my cup of tea.

http://camelcamelcam...QE4UC?locale=US

There is a seller at BGG Marketplace named wdragon that sells it for like $18ish. You have to pay shipping but that may still make it cheaper then amazon. He also has free shipping at $100. He is a bit slow to ship but iv used him twice now on big $150+ orders with no problems!

We are playing The Stars are Right a lot right now and REALLY enjoying it. When I realized it was a Cthulhu game and that we will also be doing another Cthulhu game(the LCG)I decided screw it we will just do a whole Cthulhu month! So for our He Says, She says review in another month or two we will be doing Cthulhu month!

On another note for our reviews last weeks Summoner Wars review was our most popular yet! We actually got 58 thumbs up, just a few more and we will be the second most popular written review at the site(the leader is just over 100 and was wrote at launch so I dont expect to catch it heh!). Also the Dice Tower News put us on the front page as a featured review! Made our freaking week! I actually squeeled like a little girl when I saw it because they did it without contacting us!

Link to the Summoner Wars review. Besides being the most popular we have wrote I think its our funniest(or I hope it is!).
http://boardgamegeek...wars-ryan-looks

Link to the Dice Tower article just to show off and because it made us happy ;)
http://www.dicetower...-says-she-says/

Not much else to say. Our collection broke 250....was rather surprised by that ;)

#765 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Have you played Dark Minions? I just ordered a copy. Mainly because I game and chat with the designer, Alan Newman, on iOS a lot. LOL. Also it seems to have decently good comments on BGG, including at least one fairly glowing review. I decided to hold of on Crows at least for now. Not entirely sure it's my cup of tea.

Crunchewy.png

#766 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Have you played Dark Minions? I just ordered a copy. Mainly because I game and chat with the designer, Alan Newman, on iOS a lot. LOL. Also it seems to have decently good comments on BGG, including at least one fairly glowing review. I decided to hold of on Crows at least for now. Not entirely sure it's my cup of tea.

Nope have not played it yet. *goes to see what it is*

#767 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

My kids and I played a game of Dark Minions over the weekend and it was a hit. We played the basic game to get our sea legs and it was fun. They wanted to play again, this time with the cards, but weekend events transpired against us and we didn't fit it in. Hopefully we can find some time this week to play again. It doesn't allow for a 2 player game, though I'm not sure why. We might try it 2 players anyway at some point. The box says 3 to 5.

The game box/pieces give off a somewhat odd smell though. I guess it's cheap materials. Presumably it will go away with time. I've never had a game that smelled weird. LOL.

Crunchewy.png

#768 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

I wish I could afford to get back into M:TG. I miss my U/W Merfolk deck something fierce.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#769 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

FYI. I finally got an email alert that Cards Against Humanity is once again available for purchase. I ordered the game and the expansion from Amazon. It will be in stock March 17. According to Amazon I will be getting it on the 21st (I have Prime). If you've been wanting to buy this I would order it now because after they sold out last time there was a pretty good gap between their production runs.

Posted Image

#770 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

@MorbidAngel - Unless you are just dirt poor then check ebay. It is pretty easy to find huge lots of cards fairly cheap. I think I spent like $100ish a few years back and got enough to make quite a few decent decks.

@Ramstoria - WTF is that?

#771 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki