Feature request: show signatures in topic? yes/no/text only

eldad9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I can't turn off sigs because people put tradelists and such there, but if I have them on I get everybody's huge and pointless graphics.

I want to see only the text in the sigs (or really, only the text links, but that's asking too much).

A size limit should be created and monitered...so long as the sig is x by x I'm sure people wouldn't mind...I mean, mine's a nice decent size, but it dosen't take up an entire screen...make a rule and enforce it

[quote name='eldad9']I can't turn off sigs because people put tradelists and such there, but if I have them on I get everybody's huge and pointless graphics.

I want to see only the text in the sigs (or really, only the text links, but that's asking too much).[/quote]

Good point, I like to do a quick check in at work sometimes and the monster sized (and many times inapproriate) pictures/sigs are a bother. But I do like to check tradelists, or web links and such.

I like sigs. They make me laugh! There are some that are not right for the work place. Like I saw this one with three turtles....oppps sorry!

[quote name='rywateska']A size limit should be created and monitered...so long as the sig is x by x I'm sure people wouldn't mind...I mean, mine's a nice decent size, but it dosen't take up an entire screen...make a rule and enforce it[/quote]

There is a limit. Check your profile and it'll tell you that the limit for one pic in a sig is 200x468.

Is it regulated? I don't think a sig should be any higher than yours, crash, or any wider than mine...if everyone would adopt a sig that big there would be no argument as to gaint, obtusive, annoying ,and unnessacary sigs.

[quote name='murcielago77']I find it funny how most of the people saying "text only would be nice" have pictures in their sig[/quote]

Oh the irony. I wish you could block certain peoples avi and sigs.

I've lurked along time and this is the first time the following thought has ever crossed my mind:

"This would be a good idea for a poll."

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I've lurked along time and this is the first time the following thought has ever crossed my mind:

"This would be a good idea for a poll."[/quote]

It would make a good poll.

Good idea, but I like looking at the sigs. It shows the users personality, and allows me to recognize certain posters more easily...

[quote name='Rig']Good idea, but I like looking at the sigs. It shows the users personality, and allows me to recognize certain posters more easily...[/quote]

I'm the opposite, I think that sigs detract from a person's post. Kinda like a guy going through a mid-life crises and buys a bright red corvette to 'make up for his shortcomings' :)

[quote name='Rig']Good idea, but I like looking at the sigs. It shows the users personality, and allows me to recognize certain posters more easily...[/quote]

Isn't that what the avatar is supposed to be for?

[quote name='zewone']Oh the irony. I wish you could block certain peoples avi and sigs.[/quote]

With certain web browsers, you can. You can with FireFox, for example.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='zewone']Oh the irony. I wish you could block certain peoples avi and sigs.[/quote]

With certain web browsers, you can. You can with FireFox, for example.[/quote]

That wouldn't work to block 'certan peoples' avis as the dude would like. Ya one can block pictures (and I do on many sites) but since avatars are all loaded into cheapassgamer.com to block one avi would be to block all correct?

[quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='zewone']Oh the irony. I wish you could block certain peoples avi and sigs.[/quote]

With certain web browsers, you can. You can with FireFox, for example.[/quote]

That wouldn't work to block 'certan peoples' avis as the dude would like. Ya one can block pictures (and I do on many sites) but since avatars are all loaded into cheapassgamer.com to block one avi would be to block all correct?[/quote]

You just have to put in the URL of the image file and you can block anything.

[quote name='rywateska']A size limit should be created and monitered...so long as the sig is x by x I'm sure people wouldn't mind...I mean, mine's a nice decent size, but it dosen't take up an entire screen...make a rule and enforce it[/quote]
There is a size limit. Were you around when Morganwebblover was?

Sorry you are wrong Cheapy, by hitting block pic (on any avatar) in firefox it blocks ALL avatars from Cheapassgamer.com (it doesn't matter if there is any difference of URL after cheapassgamer.com.

I'm sitting here now trying to get avatars UNBLOCKED>

well that was a nice 5 minutes trying to find the 'sweet spot' to try to find the 'uncheck unblock pictures from Cheapassgamer.com'

[quote name='Lootr2Core']Sorry you are wrong Cheapy, by hitting block pic (on any avatar) in firefox it blocks ALL avatars from Cheapassgamer.com (it doesn't matter if there is any difference of URL after cheapassgamer.com.

I'm sitting here now trying to get avatars UNBLOCKED>[/quote]

No, it works. I just adblocked your avatar to test it.

And it's easy to unblock all, right click and uncheck.

It seems most people are concerned with things such as seeing Tradelist links and such, which brings us back to another old idea.

A couple of weeks ago, the idea of adding one or two more Profile bar buttons was bandied about. Perhaps we should go ahead and add a "Tradelist" button. It could be like the Messenger icons, which only appear if there is something in it. That way, the people with Tradelists have their button displayed, and everyone else without a Tradelist doesn't have the button on their bar.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Lootr2Core']Sorry you are wrong Cheapy, by hitting block pic (on any avatar) in firefox it blocks ALL avatars from Cheapassgamer.com (it doesn't matter if there is any difference of URL after cheapassgamer.com.

No, it works. I just adblocked your avatar to test it.

And it's easy to unblock all, right click and uncheck.[/quote]

So what's the deal? after your post I went back and tried again. Right clicked on your avatar, highlighted 'block all images from..... " and all avatars went blank.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Lootr2Core']Sorry you are wrong Cheapy, by hitting block pic (on any avatar) in firefox it blocks ALL avatars from Cheapassgamer.com (it doesn't matter if there is any difference of URL after cheapassgamer.com.

You need this:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/e...ication=firefox&version=0.95&os=Windows&id=10[/quote]

Thanks for the help Cheapy, downloaded that extension, installed it, rebooted firefox and the same thing happens. If I block one avatar..all are blocked.

[quote name='Lootr2Core']Thanks for the help Cheapy, downloaded that extension, installed it, rebooted firefox and the same thing happens. If I block one avatar..all are blocked.[/quote]

Are you still clicking "Block images from CAG"? You're supposed to click "Adblock Image." It's at the bottom of the right-click menu.

[quote name='Ledhed']It seems most people are concerned with things such as seeing Tradelist links and such, which brings us back to another old idea.

A couple of weeks ago, the idea of adding one or two more Profile bar buttons was bandied about. Perhaps we should go ahead and add a "Tradelist" button. It could be like the Messenger icons, which only appear if there is something in it. That way, the people with Tradelists have their button displayed, and everyone else without a Tradelist doesn't have the button on their bar.[/quote]

This is a very good idea and is definitely worth exploring....

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Lootr2Core']Thanks for the help Cheapy, downloaded that extension, installed it, rebooted firefox and the same thing happens. If I block one avatar..all are blocked.[/quote]

Are you still clicking "Block images from CAG"? You're supposed to click "Adblock Image." It's at the bottom of the right-click menu.[/quote]

this is freaking goofy. I've used firefox for a year now (so I'm not a dunce with the extensions and what not i.e. I know once installed I have to restart firefox. but this is just not working for me. I have version 1.0, but the right click doesn't show "adblock image" just block all from-----. It says it installed, and I restarted (even restarted computer once just to make sure) and nothing. Thanks for the ideas ledhead and Cheapy, but I think I have a demon in the firefox or something..

make sure you don't have a 'phantom'mozilla running in back. I had that problems once when trying to install an extension but once i did a alt,ctrl,, delete found the problem. Loaded fine after that.

Yours may be small in x by x size, but it's very large in file size (over 800K) I'd like to see a file size limit for sigs as that is as much of an impact as dimensions (especially for dial up).

And Adblocking the large sigs is a great idea, I have that extension, but didn't think about using it for that.

[quote name='Lootr2Core'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Lootr2Core']Thanks for the help Cheapy, downloaded that extension, installed it, rebooted firefox and the same thing happens. If I block one avatar..all are blocked.[/quote]

Are you still clicking "Block images from CAG"? You're supposed to click "Adblock Image." It's at the bottom of the right-click menu.[/quote]

this is freaking goofy. I've used firefox for a year now (so I'm not a dunce with the extensions and what not i.e. I know once installed I have to restart firefox. but this is just not working for me. I have version 1.0, but the right click doesn't show "adblock image" just block all from-----. It says it installed, and I restarted (even restarted computer once just to make sure) and nothing. Thanks for the ideas ledhead and Cheapy, but I think I have a demon in the firefox or something..[/quote]

I don't have the option either.

adblock8rt.jpg

If you have adblock installed it should be there.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']make sure you don't have a 'phantom'mozilla running in back. I had that problems once when trying to install an extension but once i did a alt,ctrl,, delete found the problem. Loaded fine after that.[/quote]

Thanks, that was the problem, now its working fine.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
adblock8rt.jpg

If you have adblock installed it should be there.[/quote]

You blocked me? :shock: My heart is broken! :( :p

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='CheapyD']If its reasonably possible to add the feature, I will.[/quote]

I guess it wasn't...[/quote]

After he added the gamertag option, he said the tradelist button is next. You can have sigs turned off and use the tradelist button.

I will ask this here as I didn't see another forum:

I accidently turned sigs off for everyone but wanted to turn them back on where do I do this at?

bread's done
Back