Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#31 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

They got a fucking buffalo rifle. I'm there.

Fuck yes

#32 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

pre-ordered, surprised this thread isn't more active

#33 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

I have this pre-ordered at Amazon, it is the only game I've seen there offering a $10 general gift card with purchase rather than the usual $10 video game credits. Probably my most anticipated game of the year.
Posted Image

#34 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

i'll be getting it for sure! i loved the first game it was really fun playing from a few different perspectives. i hardly remember the story though, doesnt matter this game will be sweet.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:18 AM

pre-ordered, surprised this thread isn't more active

I'm not. The Western theme has, unfortunately, become niche in American popular culture. I still love popping in the Dollar "trilogy," so any chance to ride around the American West as a bad ass on a horse sounds like fun to me.

Also like to point out that between this and LA Noire, Rockstar easily has my two most anticipated games for the rest of this year.

#36 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

I'm not. The Western theme has, unfortunately, become niche in American popular culture. I still love popping in the Dollar "trilogy," so any chance to ride around the American West as a bad ass on a horse sounds like fun to me.

Also like to point out that between this and LA Noire, Rockstar easily has my two most anticipated games for the rest of this year.

I don't think its "niche" I think it just calls for a mature gamer. That's most definitely not true.

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

I've got this pre-ordered from walmart.com with a $10 giftcard and purchased when the Bing Cashback was 20% (it's 10% now), plus I used a $10 gift card toward it from my Battlefield pre-order. I've never played the original, but the videos I've seen make this look pretty awesome. Hopefully it comes through.

#38 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'm definitely excited about this game. I never finished the first on the PS2 (it was won of my last Blockbuster clearance purchases), and I gave my PS2 away. After reading about the Bad Betsy glitch on the 360, I'm considering picking up Gun. Any thoughts on whether I should I just tough out the BC glitches on the 360 or sink to buying Gun which was supposedly an also ran title?

#39 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

I'm all for sandbox games set in the Old West. Gun was passable, but could have been so much more. Let's hope Red Dead Redemption hits it out of the ballpark. I find myself wanting to play Red Dead Redemption more than I do Bioshock 2, God of War III, or Final Fantasy XIII.

#40 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm definitely excited about this game. I never finished the first on the PS2 (it was won of my last Blockbuster clearance purchases), and I gave my PS2 away. After reading about the Bad Betsy glitch on the 360, I'm considering picking up Gun. Any thoughts on whether I should I just tough out the BC glitches on the 360 or sink to buying Gun which was supposedly an also ran title?

I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play GUN and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it's alot of fun and you can probably pick it up for $10.

I also played the first Juarez game and thought it sucked.

This new game seems more like GUN to me than RDR or Juarez.

I love the idea of a sandbox Western themed game. I'll be getting this at launch.

There had better be a 'Man with No Name' outfit to wear. I want the hat, the backwoods cigar, and the Mexican blanket/poncho.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#41 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

I never played Red Dead Revolver, but I did play GUN and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but it's alot of fun and you can probably pick it up for $10.

I love the idea of a sandbox Western themed game. I'll be getting this at launch.

There had better be a 'Man with No Name' outfit to wear. I want the hat, the backwoods cigar, and the Mexican blanket/poncho.

Don't forget the 2 foot pistol barrel!!

#42 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

I don't think its "niche" I think it just calls for a mature gamer. That's most definitely not true.

It definitely is true. The Western theme is niche, especially compared to where it once was. You barely see Western films anymore, and they generally do very poorly in the theaters, even if they are good films.

#43 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

It definitely is true. The Western theme is niche, especially compared to where it once was. You barely see Western films anymore, and they generally do very poorly in the theaters, even if they are good films.

WHAT?
Here let me name a few.
3:10 to Yuma
Appaloosa
Shang Hai Noon
Australia
Bare Back Mounting (Just kidding; Broke Back Mountain)

I'm not saying that it isn't fading (at the moment), but "you barely see western films anymore". I would have to know what you call barely. Because all the movies I just named are good movies, did well, and came out within the last ten years. I'm not trying to start an argument with you here, I respect your point, and I know it may seem like it's dieing, but as with any genra they experience lulls in popularity. With the coming of SAW XIV or whatever it is, that is the death of the Horror genra, at least for a little while. The same has happened to the Western Genra. The sixties were HUGE for the industry, and then they went down a bit, and boomed back in the 1980's and early 90's. Now they have been less popular than in the past. My friend, I assure you rockstar would not put out a "niche game." And to go a step further, the Western theme/Genra can never be outdated or niche, because it is timeless, and iconic for Americans, and anyone else who loves western movies, or just being a bad-ass with a huge gun.

#44 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the Gun vote. I hate buying multiple copies of the same game for different systems, but RDR is like $5 and a replacement PS2 $80+. I'll have to check around for a good deal on Gun-- $10 is a little much for a 4 year old game, when I have Batman: Arkham Asylum to play.

I'm all for that 'Man with No Name' garb. If you pre-order from GS, it looks like that Dead Eye Assassin outfit is the bonus.
http://www.gamestop....te/default.aspx

#45 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Delayed 3 weeks til May according to Ign. May 18th is the new release date.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1073859p1.html

#46 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

Delayed 3 weeks til May according to Ign. May 18th is the new release date.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1073859p1.html

Updated the thread title to reflect this. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

#47 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

I am so angry about this... Oh well I can just spend more time playing Splinter Cell Conviction now I guess...

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#48 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

I am so angry about this... Oh well I can just spend more time playing Splinter Cell Conviction now I guess...

Given the supposed inhumane conditions that developers and testers are under, I think it's a good thing. There're tons of games available now, and tons coming.

#49 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

Fuck, I'm so pissed. It was coming out at a perfect time for me and I was so excited. And it is for a super dumbass reason, no "polishing" just for marketing. Damn penis-pops.

#50 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

I'm a sucker for western themed games and I want this pretty bad but I know I will just get bored of it. Maybe it's just me but sandbox games just do not do it for me.

#51 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Maybe it's just me but sandbox games just do not do it for me.

It's just you.

#52 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

I'm a sucker for western themed games and I want this pretty bad but I know I will just get bored of it. Maybe it's just me but sandbox games just do not do it for me.

edit.

Edited by wildcpac, 05 March 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#53 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

Really? That kind of stinks. Personally, sandbox games definitely do it for me. I'll still pick this up, but I would have preferred GTA in the West.

#54 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

It really isn't a sandbox game. The game does give you choices on what missions to complete but it's pretty linear and the world isn't that big.

Really? I could've sworn I read somewhere that the RDR game world was equivalent in area to the GTAIV game world. That's not San Andreas huge, but that's still a sizable chunk of land. But maybe I'm wrong. Could you point me to an article or interview that corroborates what you're saying?

#55 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hmm Lost Planet 2 or RDR.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'm a little bummed about the delay myself. The end part of May is crazy for me now, I think I'm buying 4 games in about a week's time.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

EDIT: Nevermind. We were all talking about something different.

#58 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought exiled had typed borderlands when he typed bored of it. RDR is a sandbox Western game with 3 large areas from my understanding. Sorry for the confusion.

#59 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hmm Lost Planet 2 or RDR.

Dude really, one game looks awesome, one looks jap and lame.

(I don't dislike Japanese games but they FAIL at shooters)

#60 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Dude really, one game looks awesome, one looks jap and lame.

(I don't dislike Japanese games but they FAIL at shooters)

Have you even tried the lost planet demo? That shit is EPIC with 3 of your buddies!

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler