Store with the worst customer service?

Perfect*Ending

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
What video game B&M store do you think has the worst customer service?

We often hear about CAG members asking associates (or some call them "ASSociates") about things only to find them useless.

My vote goes to Best Buy. My experiences with BB are mostly unsatisfactory. Many generally not helpful and rude.

Best Buy, too many incidents to list. Their refusal to honor their own legitimate coupons, not knowing the rules of Best Buy Bucks (Monopoly) etc.

Target. I bought a GameCube there once. Went to Sam's Club and saw for the same price, I could get StarFox Adventures. I went to return the unopened, just bought 42 minutes ago, GameCube back to Target. It became a 30 minute deal.

Two months later, I had to drive 46 miles back to the Target store because my credit card never got refunded. They had problems trying to get me my refund. Terrible experience!!!!!

[quote name='kscripter']Target. I bought a GameCube there once. Went to Sam's Club and saw for the same price, I could get StarFox Adventures. I went to return the unopened, just bought 42 minutes ago, GameCube back to Target. It became a 30 minute deal.

Two months later, I had to drive 46 miles back to the Target store because my credit card never got refunded. They had problems trying to get me my refund. Terrible experience!!!!![/QUOTE]

I've had nothing but great experiences from Target, especially on returns.

My vote goes for Gamestop, and the douchebaggery that happens there on occasion.

Circuit City
hands down just awful. games were never where they belonged, you needed to search through row after row of games to find the one you were looking for because no one kept them in order. hell employees would just throw a copy of spider man next banjo kazooie.
cashier service took decades *if* there was someone even at the register.
on multiple occasions i would have to show them their own sunday ad to get them to give me the item for the price advertised and they would still call for a manager.

[quote name='odintal']Circuit City
hands down just awful. games were never where they belonged, you needed to search through row after row of games to find the one you were looking for because no one kept them in order. hell employees would just throw a copy of spider man next banjo kazooie.
cashier service took decades *if* there was someone even at the register.
on multiple occasions i would have to show them their own sunday ad to get them to give me the item for the price advertised and they would still call for a manager.[/quote]

Everything you said here.

I can't count the number of times that I just up and left circuit city because I couldn't find a single employee to ring up my purchase in the store.

The worst store for me is my Walmart the one in my town sucks..... They have their how can I help you vest on and walk right by you like you don't exist. Boxes are always left on the floor so getting to the merchandise you want is an adventure. When I go to Walmart and get bad customer service I don't even get mad anymore I just say Yep, this is Walmart.

voted for wall-mart when I bought my new tv, it took them 45-minutes to find someone to help me.

Best Buy- Allways had great experiences there, peopel are allways freindly and wailling to help.

Circut City- second on my not to shop list, I bought a video card there, and the guy garenteed me it would be compatible with my computer...Guess what?

Gamestop - Eh nutral.depends on the people working the and how cool they are. Once when was there I sold a PSP to one of their customers because they guy on the counter had no idea what he was talking about.

Target- Don't know never lived close enough to one to shop at at a regular basis.

I'd say Kmart.

Hope you like waiting 25 minutes for someone to ask if you need assistance, and then another 25 minutes for someone to show up in the electronics department.

[quote name='Tsukento']I'd say Kmart.

Hope you like waiting 25 minutes for someone to ask if you need assistance, and then another 25 minutes for someone to show up in the electronics department.[/quote]

That's only because it takes the 80-year-old grandma employee that long to walk from linens to electronics. She started her trek the minute you needed assistance. They should equip all of their staff with Hovarounds...and free life insurance policies.

[quote name='Josef']I've had nothing but great experiences from Target, especially on returns.

My vote goes for Gamestop, and the douchebaggery that happens there on occasion.[/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']My local Goodwill. :/[/QUOTE]

The only thing I would say here is, you sort of know what your getting with a Goodwill. You accept that going in. Some thrift stores are better than others, but all are crapshoots on everything (organization, getting any assistiance, etc).

I picked Walmart, though it's a flip between Circuit City and Walmart. Both are horrible with getting any help. I have an infamous Walmart story where my wife and I are buying a shelf, waited 15 minutes for assistance (asked an employee, she said she'd get help, no one came, and the store wasn't particularly busy that day). So, I decided that I couldn't wait, and I climbed up the shelf to grab it. 3 employees walked by, took a look, and just kept walking. No one said a word (offering assistance, telling me to get down, etc).

Circuit City is useless. Not only can't you find anything at the store, there 24 minute guarantee for ordering online is useless. I bought a keyboard, went to pick it up, waited 20 minutes to get it, only to be told, oh, we don't have it, we tried calling you. It was to my cell, I never got it, I said that, oh we left a message, blah blah blah. I told them to call the number they called right back right then, I had the phone with me, they refused. Only good part (and why I picked Walmart over them) they gave me a $24 gift card, so got a better keyboard and it cost me less than $2 out the door.

bread's done
Back