Photo
- - - - -

Store with the worst customer service?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: B&M store with worst customer service?

B&M store with worst customer service?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

What video game B&M store do you think has the worst customer service?

We often hear about CAG members asking associates (or some call them "ASSociates") about things only to find them useless.

My vote goes to Best Buy. My experiences with BB are mostly unsatisfactory. Many generally not helpful and rude.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#2 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

EBStop. Terrible through and through.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#3 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

Toys R Us

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#4 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

Best Buy, too many incidents to list. Their refusal to honor their own legitimate coupons, not knowing the rules of Best Buy Bucks (Monopoly) etc.

#5 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

When these threads break out, I'm always reminded of this:
http://www.penny-arc...0/20000920h.jpg
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#6 kscripter

kscripter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Target. I bought a GameCube there once. Went to Sam's Club and saw for the same price, I could get StarFox Adventures. I went to return the unopened, just bought 42 minutes ago, GameCube back to Target. It became a 30 minute deal.

Two months later, I had to drive 46 miles back to the Target store because my credit card never got refunded. They had problems trying to get me my refund. Terrible experience!!!!!

#7 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

Target. I bought a GameCube there once. Went to Sam's Club and saw for the same price, I could get StarFox Adventures. I went to return the unopened, just bought 42 minutes ago, GameCube back to Target. It became a 30 minute deal.

Two months later, I had to drive 46 miles back to the Target store because my credit card never got refunded. They had problems trying to get me my refund. Terrible experience!!!!!

I've had nothing but great experiences from Target, especially on returns.

My vote goes for Gamestop, and the douchebaggery that happens there on occasion.

#8 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

after a recent experience i have to say im in with the gamestop haters now.

#9 odintal

odintal

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

Circuit City
hands down just awful. games were never where they belonged, you needed to search through row after row of games to find the one you were looking for because no one kept them in order. hell employees would just throw a copy of spider man next banjo kazooie.
cashier service took decades *if* there was someone even at the register.
on multiple occasions i would have to show them their own sunday ad to get them to give me the item for the price advertised and they would still call for a manager.

My brain is trying to kill me.

#10 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Best Buy. Even on slow days, you need luck on your side to get someone to help you. The cashiers are always impolite as well.

#11 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

Circuit City
hands down just awful. games were never where they belonged, you needed to search through row after row of games to find the one you were looking for because no one kept them in order. hell employees would just throw a copy of spider man next banjo kazooie.
cashier service took decades *if* there was someone even at the register.
on multiple occasions i would have to show them their own sunday ad to get them to give me the item for the price advertised and they would still call for a manager.

Everything you said here.

I can't count the number of times that I just up and left circuit city because I couldn't find a single employee to ring up my purchase in the store.

#12 Gamer G

Gamer G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

The worst store for me is my Walmart the one in my town sucks..... They have their how can I help you vest on and walk right by you like you don't exist. Boxes are always left on the floor so getting to the merchandise you want is an adventure. When I go to Walmart and get bad customer service I don't even get mad anymore I just say Yep, this is Walmart.

#13 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

I voted for Circuit City, but...should they be on this list?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#14 kurokubushi

kurokubushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

voted for wall-mart when I bought my new tv, it took them 45-minutes to find someone to help me.

Best Buy- Allways had great experiences there, peopel are allways freindly and wailling to help.

Circut City- second on my not to shop list, I bought a video card there, and the guy garenteed me it would be compatible with my computer...Guess what?

Gamestop - Eh nutral.depends on the people working the and how cool they are. Once when was there I sold a PSP to one of their customers because they guy on the counter had no idea what he was talking about.

Target- Don't know never lived close enough to one to shop at at a regular basis.

#15 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

I'd say Kmart.

Hope you like waiting 25 minutes for someone to ask if you need assistance, and then another 25 minutes for someone to show up in the electronics department.

#16 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

I'd say Kmart.

Hope you like waiting 25 minutes for someone to ask if you need assistance, and then another 25 minutes for someone to show up in the electronics department.

That's only because it takes the 80-year-old grandma employee that long to walk from linens to electronics. She started her trek the minute you needed assistance. They should equip all of their staff with Hovarounds...and free life insurance policies.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#17 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

My local Goodwill. :/

#18 secretninja

secretninja

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:30 AM

I've had nothing but great experiences from Target, especially on returns.

My vote goes for Gamestop, and the douchebaggery that happens there on occasion.

Ditto

#19 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

My local Goodwill. :/

The only thing I would say here is, you sort of know what your getting with a Goodwill. You accept that going in. Some thrift stores are better than others, but all are crapshoots on everything (organization, getting any assistiance, etc).

I picked Walmart, though it's a flip between Circuit City and Walmart. Both are horrible with getting any help. I have an infamous Walmart story where my wife and I are buying a shelf, waited 15 minutes for assistance (asked an employee, she said she'd get help, no one came, and the store wasn't particularly busy that day). So, I decided that I couldn't wait, and I climbed up the shelf to grab it. 3 employees walked by, took a look, and just kept walking. No one said a word (offering assistance, telling me to get down, etc).

Circuit City is useless. Not only can't you find anything at the store, there 24 minute guarantee for ordering online is useless. I bought a keyboard, went to pick it up, waited 20 minutes to get it, only to be told, oh, we don't have it, we tried calling you. It was to my cell, I never got it, I said that, oh we left a message, blah blah blah. I told them to call the number they called right back right then, I had the phone with me, they refused. Only good part (and why I picked Walmart over them) they gave me a $24 gift card, so got a better keyboard and it cost me less than $2 out the door.

#20 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Anyone that does not say walmart has not been to a walmart in the south.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."