Goozex - 50% off $15+ trade credits packs (Feb 7th - 21st)

I bought 30 trade credits for $15 as well. The hard part is getting the game you want. I added a lot of games(even games I don't want) in my request list, and I only receive a fraction of it. The only games that seem plentiful are games that CAG trade in bulks to get the extra points.

tempted to get 60 credits for 30 so would not need any credits for probally the rest of the year BUT

30 credits for 15 bucks

buy 30 credits later for 25

NOW 30 Later 40.... so its only 10 bucks. so if the company does fold at least i dont have 60 credits wasted (i still have 18 credits left ) so i would have close to 80 credits and the lack of PSP and DS games are really falling off

Wow. This promotion right after their 50% off points promo in December. I hope they aren't in a cash crunch. I've got about 5500 points over there and it would suck if they just folded over night.

There are some people that have over 10000 points. They're just asking for trouble. I'm going to start requesting some new games and selling them via Craig's List to reduce my point total.

[quote name='slidecage']so if the company does fold at least i dont have 60 credits wasted (i still have 18 credits left )[/QUOTE]

WTF? Are there rumore of it closing?

[quote name='milmanias']WTF? Are there rumore of it closing?[/QUOTE]
just speculation based on two sales so close together

Thanks, got 30 for $15....need some points now.

I really don't think they're going anywhere, it's just more of slidecage's constant fear of a company going under.

I'd be very surprised if this company makes it thru the end of this year. It have been really shooting themselves in the foot with all these sales. There's pretty much no incentive anymore to send in games if the points are so plentiful and going down in value. I have 1400 points sitting in my account and haven't received a single game in over 4 months. I have absolutely no reason to put any more games up for trade until I get some of the games I want.

[quote name='degenerazn']I'd be very surprised if this company makes it thru the end of this year. It have been really shooting themselves in the foot with all these sales. There's pretty much no incentive anymore to send in games if the points are so plentiful and going down in value. I have 1400 points sitting in my account and haven't received a single game in over 4 months. I have absolutely no reason to put any more games up for trade until I get some of the games I want.[/quote]

I got most of my 360 games on here been using it alot for a while now but I still have 7,000 + pts and 8 trade credits to burn for upcoming games, and newer games just take too long. I hope the site doesn't shut down if it does, we're pretty much SOL aren't we?

I don't think they're going anywhere. It's a great trading site. I'm sitting on quite a few points, but I almost never buy retail anymore unless it's clearance. It's helped me control my spending and discipline myself to not grab every hot deal or new game that comes out. I'd be more worried about developers/publishers...

actually now that I check the site again, the number of trades going seems to have dipped recently. Maybe it's just post-christmas lag. But I usually buy 10 for $10 trade credits, so 30 for $15 is great deal for me. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='degenerazn']I'd be very surprised if this company makes it thru the end of this year. It have been really shooting themselves in the foot with all these sales. There's pretty much no incentive anymore to send in games if the points are so plentiful and going down in value. I have 1400 points sitting in my account and haven't received a single game in over 4 months. I have absolutely no reason to put any more games up for trade until I get some of the games I want.[/quote]

I just got Gears 2 the other day and have Far Cry 2 coming in the mail as well. Fable II and COD: World at War are maybe a few weeks away from being matched and Saint's Row 2 is trailing not too far behind. With it's market, I can get all these games for roughly $20-$25 each. Because of Goozex, I probably won't buy another game at full price or even half the full price ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:
they make money off their add and link thru's like for amazon ...
and we all know amazon is doing fine.. in fact this christmas season they did better than ever b4.

[quote name='BillyDKid']I don't think they're going anywhere. It's a great trading site. I'm sitting on quite a few points, but I almost never buy retail anymore unless it's clearance. It's helped me control my spending and discipline myself to not grab every hot deal or new game that comes out. I'd be more worried about developers/publishers...

actually now that I check the site again, the number of trades going seems to have dipped recently. Maybe it's just post-christmas lag. But I usually buy 10 for $10 trade credits, so 30 for $15 is great deal for me. Thanks OP![/quote]

it's great when you can pick up a clerance game from Target for about $15 I got lucky on finding them previously and dumped them for about 900-1000 pts on gooz

[quote name='JJSP']I really don't think they're going anywhere, it's just more of slidecage's constant fear of a company going under.[/QUOTE]

its not me saying that, other people have posted about it... Personally i dont see any problem with the company. last 6 months i picked up 3 games that got me over 400 on ebay.

i got almost 26000 pts so i hope they dont close up

If sayswap can last then this site will never close down LOL

it just be nice if there was more DS and psp games out there

[quote name='$CASH$']Wow. This promotion right after their 50% off points promo in December. I hope they aren't in a cash crunch. I've got about 5500 points over there and it would suck if they just folded over night.

There are some people that have over 10000 points. They're just asking for trouble. I'm going to start requesting some new games and selling them via Craig's List to reduce my point total.[/quote]

What are you guys talking about? Do you know how businesses run? They have like little to no overhead other than the website and a handful of employees. They don't even have to purchase any products to sell themselves and they have to power to simply create points when the need arises. All you gotta look at is the trades going on right now. If it's more than a couple thousand, then they're doing fine. (Right now it's at 4600+)

[quote name='Nikadimas']What are you guys talking about? Do you know how businesses run? They have like little to no overhead other than the website and a handful of employees. They don't even have to purchase any products to sell themselves and they have to power to simply create points when the need arises. All you gotta look at is the trades going on right now. If it's more than a couple thousand, then they're doing fine. (Right now it's at 4600+)[/quote]

Amen.

Bought 30 trades for $15. Building my PSone and PStwo collection.

[quote name='cleaver']I bought 30 credits for $25 Thursday fuck[/quote]
same here... bought 30 for 10 more.

damn, well this would be great to buy more credits... need it.

Jesus fuck. I just bought credits last week. Now if I could only get some more games flowing I might need another 30 trade credits.

i just got rid of all my points i was tired of waiting, 80% of the requests i made had me in "long wait" i said screw it got some dreamcast games andnow my points stand at zero

[quote name='Nikadimas']What are you guys talking about? Do you know how businesses run? They have like little to no overhead other than the website and a handful of employees. They don't even have to purchase any products to sell themselves and they have to power to simply create points when the need arises. All you gotta look at is the trades going on right now. If it's more than a couple thousand, then they're doing fine. (Right now it's at 4600+)[/QUOTE]

I agree...there is hardly any overhead aside from keeping the website up and running. If they're in a cash crunch, then they will just let a couple employees go, but the website should be pretty much self-sufficient since it's basically a member to member transaction, their website is just the middle man. Easy money for them, IMHO.

Nice, I'll definitely get some after payday. Normally I just get 5 credits at a time, but this is too good to pass up. I won't need credits for a long while after this!

I'll be throwing up some new games for trade within the next week or two so anyone waiting on Gears 2, Fable II, Lips, or Halo 3 are in for a pleasant surprise.

I might have to buy some more trade credits, but I'm not sure I really need 30 credits...

this thread title is misleading, OP u need to change it to $15 and up
i wanted to buy just 10 for $5 but that is not the case.

I had well over 26,000 points a week or two ago, but decided to get a few (few, as in 20) Wii games. I received all of the games that I wanted most, such as Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes... etc. So from my experience, I usually don't have a problem getting the games that I want. It just takes patience sometimes for extremely old or new titles. By the way, I purchased the $15 for 30 trade credits, so thanks OP!

I don't think Goozex is close to shutting down at all. They have incredibly low operating costs and seem to be getting plenty of business.

If they have a problem it's with pricing games correctly. Some are much higher or lower than what one would assume to be the equilibrium price, and that really messes up trade.

[quote name='slidecage']
...30 credits for 15 bucks...
...buy 30 credits later for 25...
...NOW 30 Later 40.... so its only 10 bucks.[/quote]

Your math is off a bit, Slide. I think now = $30, later = $50.

Here's how I look at it, though (for those of us who don't have 10,000+ points)

later: $10 = 10 credits
now: $15 = 30 credits

Spend 33% more to get 3x the amount.
That's too good for me to pass up, I'm in.

Yeah, I have more than 16,000 points myself so I'm hoping that there is NO chance that they're going under (for the record I don't think they are...even if they are severely behind on some of their game pricing).

I love this site soooooo much. My second favorite gaming site online next to CAG and my #1 trade site, hands down.

When Goozex eventually goes down, it be because people stop trading out. Right now, they're still averaging about 20,000 trades a month, so that is $20,000 (or between $10,000 and $20,000 while the sale is on) with hardly any overhead.

You guys really should not put all your eggs in one basket...

It might be a great service but anything can happen in months.

Goozex is a fundamentally broken trading system. Why the fuck would anyone want to trade a brand new game for 1000 points, which means you get to be #251 in line for Other Brand New Title You Want And Will Never See?

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Goozex is a fundamentally broken trading system. Why the fuck would anyone want to trade a brand new game for 1000 points, which means you get to be #251 in line for Other Brand New Title You Want And Will Never See?

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.[/quote]

TBH this is probably THE reason I will never use Goozex...

I dunno, I've just been really getting in to Goozex the last month or so, and I think how satisfied you will be really depends on how you approach it.

It's an excellent source for last-gen stuff that I never got around to. Most titles like that are 100-200 points, and have low demand. It's also great for last season's big name titles. Last week's or last month's, not so much though.

And if you're in to the flipping hobby, :D , it's one more place you can get cheap credit using your cheap credit from somewhere else.

[quote name='iRent']You guys really should not put all your eggs in one basket...

It might be a great service but anything can happen in months.[/QUOTE]
$15 is not all my eggs in one basket...or if you're referring to Goomba's 1000s of points, he has many other "baskets", I assure you.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Goozex is a fundamentally broken trading system. Why the fuck would anyone want to trade a brand new game for 1000 points, which means you get to be #251 in line for Other Brand New Title You Want And Will Never See?

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.[/quote]

I only use Goozex for stocking up on all the old 100-point PC games for my collection.

Alright i only have one trade credit left. In for 30. i use goozex for all my ps2 games I collect.

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.[/QUOTE]

exactly why i emptied my account

bread's done
Back