Photo
- - - - -

Goozex - 50% off $15+ trade credits packs (Feb 7th - 21st)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#31 Trocar

Trocar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

What are you guys talking about? Do you know how businesses run? They have like little to no overhead other than the website and a handful of employees. They don't even have to purchase any products to sell themselves and they have to power to simply create points when the need arises. All you gotta look at is the trades going on right now. If it's more than a couple thousand, then they're doing fine. (Right now it's at 4600+)

I agree...there is hardly any overhead aside from keeping the website up and running. If they're in a cash crunch, then they will just let a couple employees go, but the website should be pretty much self-sufficient since it's basically a member to member transaction, their website is just the middle man. Easy money for them, IMHO.

#32 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

People need to stop starting lame rumors.

Banner1.png

#33 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

Nice, I'll definitely get some after payday. Normally I just get 5 credits at a time, but this is too good to pass up. I won't need credits for a long while after this!

#34 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:41 AM

I'll be throwing up some new games for trade within the next week or two so anyone waiting on Gears 2, Fable II, Lips, or Halo 3 are in for a pleasant surprise.

I might have to buy some more trade credits, but I'm not sure I really need 30 credits...

#35 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

this thread title is misleading, OP u need to change it to $15 and up
i wanted to buy just 10 for $5 but that is not the case.
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#36 dragaron

dragaron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:48 AM

I had well over 26,000 points a week or two ago, but decided to get a few (few, as in 20) Wii games. I received all of the games that I wanted most, such as Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes... etc. So from my experience, I usually don't have a problem getting the games that I want. It just takes patience sometimes for extremely old or new titles. By the way, I purchased the $15 for 30 trade credits, so thanks OP!
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)

#37 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

i tried signing up for this site but it says my account is on hold and i had to email them. fucking bullshit

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#38 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

I don't think Goozex is close to shutting down at all. They have incredibly low operating costs and seem to be getting plenty of business.

If they have a problem it's with pricing games correctly. Some are much higher or lower than what one would assume to be the equilibrium price, and that really messes up trade.
Posted Image

#39 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

...30 credits for 15 bucks...
...buy 30 credits later for 25...
...NOW 30 Later 40.... so its only 10 bucks.

Your math is off a bit, Slide. I think now = $30, later = $50.

Here's how I look at it, though (for those of us who don't have 10,000+ points)

later: $10 = 10 credits
now: $15 = 30 credits

Spend 33% more to get 3x the amount.
That's too good for me to pass up, I'm in.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#40 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, I have more than 16,000 points myself so I'm hoping that there is NO chance that they're going under (for the record I don't think they are...even if they are severely behind on some of their game pricing).

I love this site soooooo much. My second favorite gaming site online next to CAG and my #1 trade site, hands down.

#41 jeremy517

jeremy517

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

When Goozex eventually goes down, it be because people stop trading out. Right now, they're still averaging about 20,000 trades a month, so that is $20,000 (or between $10,000 and $20,000 while the sale is on) with hardly any overhead.

#42 iRent

iRent

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

You guys really should not put all your eggs in one basket...

It might be a great service but anything can happen in months.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#43 lord_ebonstone

lord_ebonstone

failing sanity checks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

Goozex is a fundamentally broken trading system. Why the Fuck would anyone want to trade a brand new game for 1000 points, which means you get to be #251 in line for Other Brand New Title You Want And Will Never See?

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.
Posted Image

Anyone worse than me is a total noob;
Anyone better than me has no life.
-Gamer's Mantra

#44 iRent

iRent

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:02 AM

Goozex is a fundamentally broken trading system. Why the Fuck would anyone want to trade a brand new game for 1000 points, which means you get to be #251 in line for Other Brand New Title You Want And Will Never See?

There are a multitude of fixes and suggestions for the essential problem of the site, but they're ignored or outright condemned by the Goozex staff. They really, really want their way to work. It doesn't.

TBH this is probably THE reason I will never use Goozex...
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#45 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

I dunno, I've just been really getting in to Goozex the last month or so, and I think how satisfied you will be really depends on how you approach it.

It's an excellent source for last-gen stuff that I never got around to. Most titles like that are 100-200 points, and have low demand. It's also great for last season's big name titles. Last week's or last month's, not so much though.

And if you're in to the flipping hobby, :D , it's one more place you can get cheap credit using your cheap credit from somewhere else.

#46 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

$15 is not all my eggs in one basket...or if you're referring to Goomba's 1000s of points, he has many other "baskets", I assure you.

#47 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

I only use Goozex for stocking up on all the old 100-point PC games for my collection.

#48 ya0

ya0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

Alright i only have one trade credit left. In for 30. i use goozex for all my ps2 games I collect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

exactly why i emptied my account

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

It's not like using Goozex in conjunction with GameTZ and CAG is impossible. You can put all the games you want to trade on all three services, and when it gets traded on one, you take it off the others. There's no commitment if you get an offer on any of them.

But their way is working--lots of people are trading lots of games, and new releases do get put up. The points-based economy is the service they're offering, and most of the suggestions that new users throw out there would make the site identical to ebay, GameTZ, or sayswap--and that's not why Goozex is there.

True, if you want to get a new release for your new release, then yes, one of the other sites will probably be your best bet, unless you're one of the first to request the game. But the fact of the matter is, new releases are hard to come by anywhere, because they just came out, and people want to play them. Regardless, not every user wants new releases, of course new releases are desireable, but most users realize that their are a ton of games out there they never got around to playing, both from last season and on previous generations, and Goozex is a great way to get those games.

#51 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

Well a really great thing to do is flip new games you have for 1000 points and get a bunch of older titles, not necessarily other new ones. But even if you do want new games, it's easy to ride 1000 points for quite some time. You just have to know how to work the system.
Posted Image

#52 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

i picked up some newer games that would of cost me cash and got them very quickly

Games i grabbed very quickly what i would of spent cash on

2008 alone
Dinosaur king Ds Saved 30
Valhalla Knights 2 PSP saved 30
Solitaire Overload saved 30
Boktai GBA SAved 10 or 20
Dragon Warrior VII PS1

and sometimes you get a MAJOR FIND

in 2008 major grabs
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes ps 2 (sold for 95 on amazon)

Valkyrie Profile PS1 Complete Still have
Suikoden II ps 1 sold on ebay for 129 bucks
hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) with figure still have RARE NEW
Xenogears ps1 Black label worth 50 bucks still have (only paid 200 pts)

Shining Force EXA PS2 sealed saved 30
Futurama PS2 saved 50 bucks still have only paid 100 pts
Suikoden V BRAND NEW saved 50 bucks

Gallop Racer 2006 SEALED saved 50 bucks
Digimon World DS sealed saved 30 bucks

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II ps2 Sold on ebay for 90

so it shows that you can find Great deals on the site

though its probally been few months since i got anything i really wanted

(last game i got was)

Digimon world championship DS (would of cost me 30) Got it first week of jan

so i havent really grabbed anything since Jan 5
WOOOO I STINK

#53 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

I'll be writing a little piece about this sale for the goozex report. BTW were still looking for new writers if interested shoot me a pm or check out the site. I think there is a link there

http://thegoozexreport.blogspot.com/

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#54 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

I just bought five credits Friday night. :(
I've got 4000 points which isn't as much as some of you, but it's still, what, 200$ "worth" of points?
But I've also only got 9 games on my request queue, a couple of which are still new, a couple of which are XBLA games which aren't listed very often.
I don't think two sales in three months are a bad sign--especially when one of them was targeting gift purchasers. Grocery stores have sales every week and they're generally doing fine.
I do think some price changes don't occur as quickly as they should.
But I also agree that for me, this has been one of the best game trading methods I've found.

#55 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Yea I'm stuck with 3700 points that I would prefer to get rid of on new releases, unfortunately I'm stuck in long wait lines, even on games that I stayed up until midnight on release day to put in my queue as soon as they became available. And the last two times I was matched for FIFA 09 the sellers didn't send the game, in which case you have to wait like 3-4 weeks for a refund.

The system is just broken... it's basically only works well for trading your new release games for old games. I won't be sending any more of my games in. Back to awkward, drug-dealer-esque Craigslist cash transactions for me.

Oh, and Civilization Revolution 360 still goes for 1000 points even though it has been $40 new at retail for awhile now. They need a better "algorithm" for assigning points.

#56 jkoch

jkoch

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I agree...there is hardly any overhead aside from keeping the website up and running. If they're in a cash crunch, then they will just let a couple employees go, but the website should be pretty much self-sufficient since it's basically a member to member transaction, their website is just the middle man. Easy money for them, IMHO.

I'm not so sure about that. Depending on how the agreement reads, outstanding point balances could be considered debt. I agree that it's unlikely that there is a cash flow problem though.

Goozex is such a great idea. It's too bad that they're not making it work better by making the point values track used prices more closely.

#57 tazrex

tazrex

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Goozex is doing fine. Lets be honest, most everyone on the site have 5-6 games on thier list in common right now: Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, CoD-World at War,and Fallout 3 are in high demand with little supply. It's post-Christmas and there aren't a lot of big titles being released right now. When people start finishing the above games or move on to new ones (Resident Evil 5), the supply for these games will go up. I just got Mercenaries 2 and Fary Cry 2 within days of each other. I moved up 30+ spaces in line for each of these in the span of a week because pl;ayers were finishing up their experiences with them and moving on to other games. Unless Goozex moves into the preorder/ merchant business, this will always be the experience you have with them. I know I won't be able to get Gears 2 from this site for a long time, but Goozex allows me to get games that I was interested in but didn't have the funds to purchase originally. Instead of sitting on my points I like to use them to aquire games like Blazing Angels or Beyond Good & Evil, games that I want to enjoy again or experience for the first time. As long as people like us support them, Goozex will be around for a while.

#58 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

30 credits is a lot, but I do have about 12 games on my wishlist, with many more to be added later this year. I'll probably jump on this deal.

If Goozex had done this deal last year, then they would have received the Cheapy Award hands-down.

#59 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

I really don't think they're going anywhere, it's just more of slidecage's constant fear of a company going under.

PlayerChain went under taking $40 of my "gamebux" with them.
I also used Switch House up to the point that that folded.

It's really hard to make a media trading site profitable, just FYI and the last people on the boat usually end up either having deals left in limbo forever or lose equity in the sites when they crash.

And good luck spending those points in the final days even if you can see them coming.

If the site folds, wouldn't they give their users a few weeks to use up the points/credits first? Otherwise, do you think a class-action suit would follow?

Read the disclaimers on the website. There are no refunds, voluntary or otherwise. It says this when you purchase the points. And like I said above, good luck being able to make a deal in the final days of a trading site. It's kind of like what we're facing now in the economy with banks who don't want to give loans.

#60 tazrex

tazrex

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Goozex is such a great idea. It's too bad that they're not making it work better by making the point values track used prices more closely.

I agree that the point values can be way off in some instances. Mercenaries 2 is a good example. It cost me 850 points ($42.50) to get, but can be bought used at CrapStop for $24.99. It helps to explain the sudden upswing in avalibility on Goozex since its a better seller bargain to get the points than the $5-$8 in Gamestop trade credit.