Photo
- - - - -

Goozex - 50% off $15+ trade credits packs (Feb 7th - 21st)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#121 Forbesania

Forbesania

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

^You really need to get a grip buddy (or maybe a job?). Haha, I "broadly generalized" you.

Goozex works for most of us, while you are special. Tool.

edit: Also, xycury, after reading over your comments again, it occurred to me that English isn't your first language. Your exasperation and frustrations would likely be more clear in your native tongue.

Rest of the board: Sorry, I just can't stand internet tantrums like this fellow is throwing, and it makes me act rude.

#122 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

I have been dumping a lot of 100-200pt games. For me it is worth it because those games were sitting on my shelf doing nothing. I only dump games I amd 99.9% done with. While it's nice to have 200 XBOX1 games sitting on my book shelf, 170 of them are games I will likely never touch.

I was all "hmm I'm interested in Neverwinter Nights 2" So I dump 6 100pt games that I have no interest in, someone else gets to play them. Then I get a "like new" copy of NWN2 complete w/ book and CD key in tact.

For me, that is a good deal. I don't mind shipping out games at $1.90 each So for ~ $12 cost to me, I got to
1. receive a Like New mint condition game I want
2. got rid of my old games I did not want
3. increased my trader reputation which allows me to buy and sell more

As others mentioned, if you want INSTANT gratification, you need to shop retail or ebay or whatever.

Trading, by it's very nature is about patience and persistence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...kparms=240:1318

You could have instead kept all those games, saved yourself the time of shipping them, and got instant gratification by buying NWN2 for $13 new. And you ended up paying ~$13 for that used copy of NWN2 when you factor in paying for the trade credit. Just saying.

;)

#123 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

Irony that you are blaiming me when you are doing it instead.

You're proving everybody in this thread right by trolling as hard as you possibly fucking can, and we're all laughing at you. Not WITH you, definately AT you, because you're making yourself look silly.

Life happens, nobody's perfect, and things get in the way. Quit bitching or leave Goozex.

Now, back on topic -- does Goozex ever have point + credit combo pack sales? Or anything besides just trade credit?
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#124 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

Goozex is a great system.

Obviously pointing out some flaws with people, makes me the bad guy.

I wouldn't mind Goozex to change the, "I will ship within 1 Day" to state "I will ship within 1 Week"... and the other option to be "Within 3 weeks". It would be true for the last few trades that I've seen. Guess the 16 people before me have been spoiling me. How rude of them.

Frankly my patience has been tested, and I need to wait more. That I understand now.

Forbesania: You have acted rude and I do have a job, obviously didn't get your generalizations you were making. People with jobs can have time to ship a game in a normal amount of time.

jaysapathy: Indeed it does seem I have 'trolled'. I just expected the system to follow how it was setup, and people to follow that system. That's not the case, this is where people will ship whenever they feel like it with no reguard to how the system is run.

There is nothing I can take or would take back since my gripe is of two people not directly at Goozex system nor at any CAGs here.

If people can't ship an item, how hard is it to send a PM?

Now, back on topic -- does Goozex ever have point + credit combo pack sales? Or anything besides just trade credit?

Goozex had started a sale with Gift cards a week before xmas? that could be redeemed by the same account that purchased them.

I only had started in Summer so I don't know of any other sales.

But that sale had Trade Credits and a bit of points for >25% off. I think there was one that was up to 50% of the cost.

I don't know if they will do another sale next year, would be nice, or if they had any other sale inbetween.

#125 timmylamb

timmylamb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

I agree, if you cant send in a resonable time then dont accept the trade, 3 weeks is way too long the guy is right, but such is the life when your dealing with anon asshats on the internet, sometimes you get that one that just doesnt give a crap. But back on topic 1600pts for a new game? That sounds interesting, maybe if you can get a few cheapy 1000pt games you can get some new ones for cheap, SFIV here I come thanks for posting that!

edit: gah the offer is done with, it was limited to 50 orders....booo

#126 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

I've gotten every game I've received in a week or less. Sounds like he just has bad luck.

But yes, people should accept the trade if they can't ship it out within the 3 days. I've let some expire when I was traveling and had forgot to set vacation mode.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#127 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

I stand corrected, apparently now Goozex is offering NEW GAMES for points (via 3rd party)
here are the details

I saw that in the Newsletter yesterday (which I opened as soon as it came as the notification popped up) and they were already gone.

Apparently they only took 50 orders. Hopefully they'll do this more in the future--but maybe they were just trying to get some points out of circulation as they realized there were too many points in the system from the half off sale on points and too few games in circulation.

1600 points for a game isn't a good deal as it's $80 worth of points, but I still would have gotten Fear 2. As I said before I have 8900 points and I don't like having that high of a balance. It's a lot of money tied up in worthless points if the site would happen to go under. Not that I see that happening any time soon since they're opening a European version of Goozex--which would indicate that they're doing pretty well.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#128 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Damn, people, calm down. What the hell happened to this simple deal thread?

#129 3extremes

3extremes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

I know my concerns aren’t original but selling points and trade credits at a discount, selling games outright, and ridiculous wait times on newer games is making me nervous. I also think some of the point values need serious adjustment (for ex. Soulcalibur IV is 900 points and was $19.99 new at Radioshack not too long ago, Burnout Paradise is 200 points and was $19.99 new at Amazon not too long ago).
Posted Image

#130 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Damn, people, calm down. What the hell happened to this simple deal thread?

I concur. Let keep it on topic. There is another Goozex thread around here somewhere for discussion on the service itself. Thanks!

Still debating on whether to take the plunge on this deal. I'll probably wait until the day before the offer ends. Maybe some point values will drop by then.

#131 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

hey did any of you remember Madtrader.com <Im not for sure if name is right but close to this for sure>? it was around in 2000 I don't know if it was just through aol or what but they lasted like a year and then was gone, and I lost alot of points with them, but I love goozex and It has alot more users and seems alot more stable.
In Heaven we trust. GSB

#132 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...kparms=240:1318

You could have instead kept all those games, saved yourself the time of shipping them, and got instant gratification by buying NWN2 for $13 new. And you ended up paying ~$13 for that used copy of NWN2 when you factor in paying for the trade credit. Just saying.

;)

I actually got NWN2 *Gold* forgot to mention that(includes expansion)... $30 on ebay
http://shop.ebay.com...r Nights 2 gold

I swore off ebay years ago tho
Posted Image

#133 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

3 weeks to ship? That's insane. I could see 3 days or 5 days...but really, apart from the issue of weekends (if the request comes in Friday night, you have till Sunday to ship, since I don't think it takes into account weekends), it's not a big deal. I almost always ship things that day, if the request is made before say 8 PM, or the next day, and I think I've gotten everything within a week. They're games, they're not much to ship first class and they do move pretty fast.
I'm not a fan of ebay anymore either, really, although I did get afew things for CHristmas presents.

I don't disagree that the point values should be a little more dynamic, but I also wouldn't peg them to sales with a very short lifespan like some of Amazon's sales, or of limited availability like Radio Shack or Circuit City sales.

I'm also not sure selling a 100 point game is worth it...that's five bucks "worth", and by the time you ship (my shipping including DC has run right around 2 bucks) and add in mailer costs (up to 50 cents unless you reuse or get a deal), you're only netting 2 bucks or so on the game. But then again, that 100 point game is probably worth nothing at tradein, and most of them are common enough you'd have trouble netting more than 5 bucks on ebay or amazon anyway.

#134 3extremes

3extremes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

This probally doesn't belong here but - Goozex has changed the points value of many games. For the most part they have all been increased. Normally they send an e-mail when they do this but this time they didn't.
Posted Image

#135 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

I think they change them weekly (which is fine, if it's using a "list and wait" model I wouldn't want them to change every day), and I actually have been getting "Price changed" emails. Got one about an hour ago, 4 games changed, 2 up 50, 2 down 50.

#136 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:42 AM

I received the flux-point email. Looked sexy. A little pissed off that some of the Xbox1 games just went up in points, as I'd just requsted them. Their system has a lot of flaws that need to be addressed..
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#137 devin deep

devin deep

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Picked up 30 trade credits. I was out anyway.

#138 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

This probally doesn't belong here but - Goozex has changed the points value of many games. For the most part they have all been increased. Normally they send an e-mail when they do this but this time they didn't.

if you watch the pattern you can very easy find out what days the pts change.

i have been watching it since Last march and know the day everytime besides once (wheen they did a price changed twice in a week)

go back and check your emails and you will see the pattern and when the next price change will come
WOOOO I STINK

#139 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

Do the points ever change by more than +/- 50? Because Civilization Revolution 360 @ 1000 points needs a major drop.

#140 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Do the points ever change by more than +/- 50? Because Civilization Revolution 360 @ 1000 points needs a major drop.

I've only seen one of my requests go up 100 just once, so they aren't restricted by just doing 50's... it's only about 2.50 anyways at that point.

I don't worry about the 50's so much. they seem to drop them more.

#141 3extremes

3extremes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:45 AM

Eventually I also got the flux-point email. There was a pretty long delay from when the points changed until I got the e-mail. I don't know if this is always the case. I guess I have to check the site more to prevent trades at higher than expected point values.

I will look for the pattern thanks for the tip slidecage.
Posted Image

#142 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Well, I jumped in and ordered a pack of trades. Time to activate some stuff.

Apparently you can only have 100 games in your hold list. :(

#143 xxtrophyscarsxx

xxtrophyscarsxx

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

so how exactly does this work? i signed up for goozex a few months ago, had that 100 points they give to new users and requested legend of dragoon and got it. and this deal is for trade credits right? so what exactly is the difference between credits and points? i see how most cheap cheap games at the minimum are 100-150 points, but how do the credits figure into it all? i guess im trying to figure out for a game, usually how many credits are needed. im just confused! like the 30 credits for 15 bucks, if i bought the credits and added a game to my list without having any points, how would that work? because all i ever see on the for sale is how many points.

#144 ECW_fan

ECW_fan

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

so how exactly does this work? i signed up for goozex a few months ago, had that 100 points they give to new users and requested legend of dragoon and got it. and this deal is for trade credits right? so what exactly is the difference between credits and points? i see how most cheap cheap games at the minimum are 100-150 points, but how do the credits figure into it all? i guess im trying to figure out for a game, usually how many credits are needed. im just confused! like the 30 credits for 15 bucks, if i bought the credits and added a game to my list without having any points, how would that work? because all i ever see on the for sale is how many points.

I was in the same boat, I didn't realize that points and credit were two different things. The points are how much you buy a game for and how much they sell for. Credits are what you need to puchase a game with. So if you want to buy a game that is 100 points you need to buy the point and one trade credit. If you have a game someone wants Goozex tells you where to send it the person receives it they send positive feed back and you get the points.

#145 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

Games cost the points they state on their info page [100 - 1000 in 50 point increments]... To initiate a trade you must have the points PLUS 1 trade credit. The trade credit is basically GoozeX's cut for being the middle man...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#146 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

After complaining about not having getting a lot of games recently, I'm having three relatively recent games (GH:WT, CoD4, Dead Space) shipped within three days of each other. Famine to feast.

Yeah, Credit is the "fee" to Goozex for their matchmaking service. One credit per game received, period. Points is the 'currency' you earn for selling games and use to buy games; this value can fluctuate.

#147 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

Is there a thread that anyone knows about that keeps track of clearance items/gs prices vs goozex credit. So that ppl can make good clearance buying choices. For instance today I picked up Haze for 7$ from Target and it gets 550 points, which seems like a decent deal considering my simplification of 200 points = 10$
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#148 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

No, that'd be all you, buddy. Make lists, be proactive, and keep track of them. Not hard at all :D

#149 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:45 AM

Is there a thread that anyone knows about that keeps track of clearance items/gs prices vs goozex credit. So that ppl can make good clearance buying choices. For instance today I picked up Haze for 7$ from Target and it gets 550 points, which seems like a decent deal considering my simplification of 200 points = 10$

The thing is goozex is a TRADING site. So you bought haze, and while it may have a goozex trade value of 550, you still need someone willing to spend the points on it.

From what I can tell w/ the "trading info" on goozex

66 people are offering Haze
0 are requesting it
Posted Image

#150 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Yay for getting matched for FIFA 09 360 for the 6th time only to have the seller not confirm the trade. At least this time they didn't confirm it and proceed to not ship it, making me wait three weeks to get a points refund. :/