Best Price for a Glock Model 22?

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just picked up a factory refurbing Glock 22, this Friday for $319.00 (before taxes and DOJ fees and all). Has anyone purchased a Glock in very good condition for less? If so which model?

Also, what waiting periods does everyone have for firearms? Here in damn California, I have to wait 10 days to fire my new baby. And I can't buy another 'concealable' for 30 days.

damn, you are vexed since you cant buy a gun for another thirty days? you should roll with mobb deep. oh wait, they dont buy their guns.

If I was going to buy a handgun the Glock 22 would be high on my list but I haven't shopped around. I have better things to waste my money on. Like dvds and games and ... well that's just about it.

Never leave home without it
- GOOD THING WE BROUGHT THE GLOCK
Y'all ni**az ain't bout it, bout it

I just couldn't resist. :wink:

[quote name='Zman310']Never leave home without it

I just couldn't resist. :wink:[/quote]

I was just thinking the same thing.

If you don't mind me asking: just why did you buy a glock?

[quote name='rallen']I just picked up a factory refurbing Glock 22, this Friday for $319.00 (before taxes and DOJ fees and all).[/quote]

Think Best Buy will pricematch?

Jeez, man, more than Gangsta's carry guns...

I bought another gun cause I like to shoot, I live in LA, and sleep a lot better knowing ones under the bed. Nuff said...

I bought a Glock for the lifetime guarentee, and because they never jam; They are well made guns.

Do you pack Mexican? If you do make sure the safety is on or you might blow your balls off :)

Also, make sure not to put it under your pillow when you are sleeping.

Gangsta references aside, a glock is a well made gun for the price. 319 seems like a decent price for a refurb, I saw a used one at a local store for 350.

AKA Soul Vengeance

[quote name='rallen']Jeez, man, more than Gangsta's carry guns...

I bought another gun cause I like to shoot, I live in LA, and sleep a lot better knowing ones under the bed. Nuff said...[/quote]

and you would shoot an intruder? man, i'd rather let someone walk out with my tv than fire a gun at them. sorry, i just find it weird...

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rallen']Jeez, man, more than Gangsta's carry guns...

I bought another gun cause I like to shoot, I live in LA, and sleep a lot better knowing ones under the bed. Nuff said...[/quote]

and you would shoot an intruder? man, i'd rather let someone walk out with my tv than fire a gun at them. sorry, i just find it weird...[/quote]

I know I couldn't do it...if my life was on the line maybe, but otherwise I couldn't.

I bet most people that say they would off an intruder wouldn't when the time came.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rallen']Jeez, man, more than Gangsta's carry guns...

and you would shoot an intruder? man, i'd rather let someone walk out with my tv than fire a gun at them. sorry, i just find it weird...[/quote]

I know I couldn't do it...if my life was on the line maybe, but otherwise I couldn't.

I bet most people that say they would off an intruder wouldn't when the time came.[/quote]

Yea I couldnt do it either unless dude was about to shoot me. But if he didnt have a weapon I could see myself pistol whipping him or some shit. If he had a weapon I would prolly tell him to take anything he wanted and then pistol whip myself so he thinks im an idiot and decides not to kill me.

in the Army one of the first things was thought is stay alert stay alive,kill or be killed. That in mind I would pull the trigger no problem at all. All they have to do is make a move towards you and you can call it self defense especially if they broke in your crib

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rallen']Jeez, man, more than Gangsta's carry guns...

I'd aim for the kneecaps. I couldn't kill a man, but I sure as hell could hurt one :)

[quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='rallen']I just picked up a factory refurbing Glock 22, this Friday for $319.00 (before taxes and DOJ fees and all).[/quote]

Think Best Buy will pricematch?[/quote]

If you're holding the glock they will.

Kodos: Did they? That board with a nail in it may have defeated us. But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all! (both aliens laugh evilly)

Sorry guys, it's kill or be killed. I wouldn't want to kill anybody but, if my family or myself was in danger I would do it.
You have nut jobs out there who kill people even if they give up their stuff when being robbed.

[quote name='opportunity777']Do you pack Mexican? If you do make sure the safety is on or you might blow your balls off :)[/quote]

I take it you don't know much about Glocks.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='rallen']I just picked up a factory refurbing Glock 22, this Friday for $319.00 (before taxes and DOJ fees and all).[/quote]

Think Best Buy will pricematch?[/quote]

If you're holding the glock they will.[/quote]

Nice. On the other note, guns aren't just for protection, I own one and I only have it to shoot at the shooting range, don't keep any extra ammo and have it trigger-locked in a box in my safe. I don't have it for protection, but shooting ranges are fun and some pretty decent chicks float in there from time to time.

If I lived by myself I guess I'd feel comfortable having one, but if I lived with a family I probably wouldn't have one, at least not in the house.

[quote name='rallen']I bought a Glock for the lifetime guarentee, and because they never jam; They are well made guns.[/quote]

They are well made, I'll agree. But oustide of Hollywood, they do jam.. more often than the average person realizes. In fact as much as I hate the feel of a Sig Sauer.. I'd still rather rely on a Sig 44 as opposed to any Glock.

If I was to own a Glock I'd rebuy a 21C.. .45 caliber vs. the 22's .40 caliber ammunition. And the compensated barrel really allows for more accurate multiple shots.

[quote name='javeryh']The world would be a better place without guns in it. I really don't see the point...[/quote]

Welcome to the land of oz, folks. The small problem is that "bad guys" are always going to have guns.

If you guys had a family and somebody was in your house, I think you would feel differently about not killing the intruder. It is one thing if you live alone, but a wife and children change things.

[quote name='studio (Wombat5277)']Kodos: Did they? That board with a nail in it may have defeated us. But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all! (both aliens laugh evilly)[/quote]

:rofl:

I've always perfered shotguns and rifles to handguns. But then, there's also been times where I've perferred archery.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='opportunity777']Do you pack Mexican? If you do make sure the safety is on or you might blow your balls off :)[/quote]

I take it you don't know much about Glocks.[/quote]

Nope, I don't own a gun. I never had a need for one.

I do own an ASP though :)

[quote name='hulk409'][quote name='javeryh']The world would be a better place without guns in it. I really don't see the point...[/quote]

Welcome to the land of oz, folks. The small problem is that "bad guys" are always going to have guns.

If you guys had a family and somebody was in your house, I think you would feel differently about not killing the intruder. It is one thing if you live alone, but a wife and children change things.[/quote]

I dunno about that. What's more likely...an intruder or your kids finding the pistol? That's a tough one. ANd if you put a child-lock on it, does that defeat the purpose of having it if someone breaks into your home at night?

I prefer a shotty as well. A little pump action goes a long way. You don't need ANY aim with one...you just point and pull. Leaves a nice hole and if an intruder is in the house...they would most likely run for their lives.

Sorry to get off topic here, but I figure nows a good time to ask, what with all the gun buffs around.

What kind of handgun would you guys reccomend to someone with no handgun experience (lot's of experience with rifles and shotties, hunting)? I like the look of Glock's, 1911's, Beretta's, and I'd like a 9mm or .45. Any suggestions? Also (relatively) cheap would be good.

[quote name='The Shiznit']Sorry guys, it's kill or be killed.[/quote]

It is? I haven't killed anyone, and I'm still alive.

[quote name='graft'][quote name='The Shiznit']Sorry guys, it's kill or be killed.[/quote]

It is? I haven't killed anyone, and I'm still alive.[/quote]

Read the full post Dumbass!

[quote name='graft'][quote name='The Shiznit']Sorry guys, it's kill or be killed.[/quote]

It is? I haven't killed anyone, and I'm still alive.[/quote]

O Shit, good one dude. That was the first thing in this post to make me laugh. Nicely done.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Sorry to get off topic here, but I figure nows a good time to ask, what with all the gun buffs around.

What kind of handgun would you guys reccomend to someone with no handgun experience (lot's of experience with rifles and shotties, hunting)? I like the look of Glock's, 1911's, Beretta's, and I'd like a 9mm or .45. Any suggestions? Also (relatively) cheap would be good.[/quote]

Wow.. You will get five different answers from five different people. It's a very personal thing. But, that in mind, I would recommend a .357 for your first gun. A Taurus or a S&W. They're not as "sexy" as automatics, but for learning, they can't be beat.

Pros
Will not jam.
Reliable.
Heavy enough to hit someone with.
Don't wear down with proper maintenance.
Can use .38 ammo for target practice and the .357 ammo for knockdown.
Sometimes more accurate (don't flame, it depends on the user and the model)
Never accidentally discharges.
Most importantly, cheaper.

Cons
Not as sexy
Fewer shots per load
Longer reload time

Take from that what you will, but remember, in most gunfights not very many shots are fired, usually just two or three. And the sight of a big gun (4-5 inch barrell) is usually enough by itself to deter an attacker.

Side note. Never ever aim for the knees. Aim for COM-Center of Mass. Put them down.

There are a lot better guns if you are thinking of home safety. A shotgun for example.
a) You don't have to aim anywhere near as well as with a handgun, which if it is dark and you are tired (possibly drunk) is a big concern.
b) Unless you are very close to the intruder, you don't have to worry too much about actually killing someone.
c) You don't have to worry about your bullet going through a wall and killing someone else.

And odds are if you are mugged and try to pull out a gun instead of just handing over your wallet, you are more likely to get knifed or shot.

Why the glock? Definitely should have gotten a Heckler & Kosh USP. In .45 Caliber of course. That'll blow somebody away.

They are well made, I'll agree. But oustide of Hollywood, they do jam.. more often than the average person realizes. In fact as much as I hate the feel of a Sig Sauer.. I'd still rather rely on a Sig 44 as opposed to any Glock.

If it jams, you're limpwristing it. ;)

I owned a Glock 17 and put at least 5,000 rounds in it. I only had one jam, when I was using cheap non-US ammo.

I own a Sig Sauer P226 and love that gun, too. But it's getting a bit beat-up these days.

[quote name='Tromack']There are a lot better guns if you are thinking of home safety. A shotgun for example.
a) You don't have to aim anywhere near as well as with a handgun, which if it is dark and you are tired (possibly drunk) is a big concern.
b) Unless you are very close to the intruder, you don't have to worry too much about actually killing someone.
c) You don't have to worry about your bullet going through a wall and killing someone else.

A shotgun speads the damage. If an intruder makes his way in front of my entertainment center or another person, i'll take a pistol any day. Besides in cheapass California homes, a 12 guage blast would go through a wall.

And odds are if you are mugged and try to pull out a gun instead of just handing over your wallet, you are more likely to get knifed or shot.[/quote]

I'll take my chances ;) If a guy is bringing a knife to a gun fight, all I need is some distance, and his ass is buttered toast.

[quote name='Tromack']
And odds are if you are mugged and try to pull out a gun instead of just handing over your wallet, you are more likely to get knifed or shot.[/quote]

Actually, I saw a study a few years ago that demonstrated the probability of being seriously injured based on different ways to reacting to violent crime (like mugging). It showed that if you resisted that you were far more likely to get injured than if you didn't. Unless you resisted with a firearm.

It was in the range (quoting from memory here) of 30% risk of being injured with no resistance, and 16% risk after resistance with a firearm.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']you do know gta is fake right??? please do not go postal and then blame it on gta. It gets a bad wrapp allreday![/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? There are millions of gun owners in the US. None of them are going "postal" because they played GTA.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Sorry to get off topic here, but I figure nows a good time to ask, what with all the gun buffs around.

What kind of handgun would you guys reccomend to someone with no handgun experience (lot's of experience with rifles and shotties, hunting)? I like the look of Glock's, 1911's, Beretta's, and I'd like a 9mm or .45. Any suggestions? Also (relatively) cheap would be good.[/quote]

Raeknow, I see you live in Riverside. There's a Turners on Tyler and Indiana. Talk with them. And check out Turners.com for weekly specials.

I recomend a full size (4.5-5" inch barrel) 9MM if you're just learning, but picking up a .45 isn't too difficult. Get a quality gun, get some classes (Turner's offers them) and put in some range time.

Ahhh it was a joke. You know when kids shoots stuff up then the govenerns and law makes say...its cause that damn gta! GTA did it.

I used to live in Tustin. Still bad there? Can't wear red or blue.?

[quote name='fanskad'][quote name='Tromack']

Actually, I saw a study a few years ago that demonstrated the probability of being seriously injured based on different ways to reacting to violent crime (like mugging). It showed that if you resisted that you were far more likely to get injured than if you didn't. Unless you resisted with a firearm.

It was in the range (quoting from memory here) of 30% risk of being injured with no resistance, and 16% risk after resistance with a firearm.[/quote]

There are so many variables there, that any kind of study that puts numbers on these situations I'd be skeptical of. No offense, I just hate quanatative nonsense.

What is the skill of the assailant? What about the defender? I see a huge range of difference going up against a Seal, Ranger or Jarhead than Joe Dipstick who can't handle a yo-yo.

And who has the firearm? If I were to make a broad speculation; I would say, unless each person is armed with a gun; the person with the sidearm has a huge advantage. If both have guns, who is more 'comfortable' with it has the advantage.

Interestingly enough, owning a gun makes you much more likely to be a victim of crime. Robbers often aim for houses where there are guns because they can't purchase them legitimately.

Ah.. I didn't catch the sarcasm. Message boards really have a failing when it comes to conveying body language, tone that sort of thing.

My apologies.

bread's done
Back