Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost & The Damned + free 3mos xbox live @ amazon

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#31 epb

epb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Damn, the internet's taking all my money today between this and the FEAR 2 deal.

#32 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

might get this. Thanks OP.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#33 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Can existing gold members use these 3 month cards? Are they like the 48 hour cards where only silver members can use them. I litterally just re upped my gold membership for another 13 months last week, so will this card just add 3 more months? thanks

#34 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

$25 is FSSS

I even checked it by putting it in my cart, still need $5.01

It still works for Free Super Saver Shipping. Just complete the order and select Super Saver at checkout. The items have a value of $35.xx so it goes through, the final amount is $19.99.

I canceled & re-ordered with this promotion, thanks OP.

#35 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

Can existing gold members use these 3 month cards? Are they like the 48 hour cards where only silver members can use them. I litterally just re upped my gold membership for another 13 months last week, so will this card just add 3 more months? thanks

You can stack up to 3 years.

It still works for Free Super Saver Shipping. Just complete the order and select Super Saver at checkout. The items have a value of $35.xx so it goes through, the final amount is $19.99.

I canceled & re-ordered with this promotion, thanks OP.

Sweet - thanks for that.

#36 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yes, all regular monthly cards (1 month, 3 months 12 months, 12+1 months) cards stack. It will just add months to the amount of months remaining.

#37 s0undwav3

s0undwav3

Report Lazerbeak!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yes you can stack a 3 month card on top of your XBL Gold subscription. I do that all the time....with 1 month free cards I got from Microsoft. It just updates your membership with the name of the card you use, and then adds the time to what you already have.
- S0uNdWaV3

#38 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Nice deal. I just got a 13 month for $30 but I'm still contemplating this cause I doubt this DLC will really drop in price at all. I haven't beaten GTA 4 yet but such a good deal.

#39 kicking222

kicking222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

My only question is, are you guaranteed to get the code on the 17th, or since it's mailed, will I have to wait longer? If I'm not getting it ON the 17th, it's not worth it to me. (That's how much I love my GTA.)

#40 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Awesome, in for this deal. I also added some PS3 real Triggers to my order even though I didn't need to. They were sitting in my cart waiting for something to give me FSSS. The person above is right though, you get FSSS because the total before discount is over $25.

#41 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

My only question is, are you guaranteed to get the code on the 17th, or since it's mailed, will I have to wait longer? If I'm not getting it ON the 17th, it's not worth it to me. (That's how much I love my GTA.)

The only way you'll possibly get it on the 17th is with overnight shipping, but that's still a risk because I don't see release date delivery on this page

#42 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

I don't think it's a guarantee, but they should ship it out this week and it rarely takes more than 10 days from time of order to get something from amazon, even with FSSS. These cards are in best buy and elsewhere already, so they can ship them right away.

The only way you'll possibly get it on the 17th is with overnight shipping, but that's still a risk because I don't see release date delivery on this page

I think you're wrong about this. You can already buy these GTALD cards at all retailers. You just can't download it until the 17th. So Amazon is free to ship and sell these before the 17th because nobody can download it until then anyway. At the very latest this would show up on 18th or 19th IMO, but I'd be shocked if I didn't have this on the 17th.

#43 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

Depends on where you live and what shipping you select. If it's that important to you, pay for overnight shipping.

I always use free shipping, and get everything within a few days. GTA4 I got the day after it came out, Gears of War 2 I got the day it came out.

#44 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Package includes...a two-sided GTA poster. SOLD!

#45 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Yes you can stack a 3 month card on top of your XBL Gold subscription. I do that all the time....with 1 month free cards I got from Microsoft. It just updates your membership with the name of the card you use, and then adds the time to what you already have.

Wow....That was quick :) Thanks foo228, haggar and soundwave for those speedy responses and thanks to the OP for the thread.....I went ahead and ordered it.... $21.59 (Stupid NY tax) Now all I have to do is beat the game (I bought it at launch, but I am not even close, I screw around WAY too much in that game instead of doing the missions) :)

#46 vlademonkey

vlademonkey

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

Nice deal! In for one. Thanks.

#47 klingon666

klingon666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

Which stores are selling xbl sub for $30?

I only know of BB atm.

YOu could probably get it for 10 maybe 15. In that case it would still be a bargain for the DLC.

This week only http://www.toysrus.c...egoryId=2268831 $29.99

Edited by klingon666, 08 February 2009 - 03:47 PM.
forgot price

#48 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know if this comes with the case? I know it doesn't matter to a lot of people but it would be nice to have a Lost and Damned case on my bookshelf :)

#49 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Package includes...a two-sided GTA poster. SOLD!

I didn't even notice that. Cool!

I figure that 3mos live is worth ~$7, since other stores have had 12+1mos for $30 recently. Thanks OP!

#50 JacobBlossom

JacobBlossom

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

Excellent, I just picked this up. :)

#51 klingon666

klingon666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yea, so did i . Can't wait.

#52 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone know if this comes with the case? I know it doesn't matter to a lot of people but it would be nice to have a Lost and Damned case on my bookshelf :)

There's a case? WHERE?!

#53 airraizer

airraizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Went ahead and ordered. Looking forward to it. Now to find GTA IV cheaply after having gotten rid of mine way back.

#54 klingon666

klingon666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

Went ahead and ordered. Looking forward to it. Now to find GTA IV cheaply after having gotten rid of mine way back.

Try half .com for a used copy.

#55 epb

epb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

FYI, with the free shipping, I got a shipping estimate of February 23. Can anyone else whose dealt with Amazon preorders comment on how accurate these estimates are?

#56 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

In for one, good find OP! This saves me the trouble of having to buy more points. :D

And I can probably get about $10 for the 3 months of Live on eBay.

#57 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Nice find, this way I can sell the 3 month code and it'll be like paying $2 for L&D.

Oh, I think I found a way to get free super saver shipping without adding $25 or more.

Add 2x 3-month cards to your cart along w/ L&D, then when you go to checkout it'll say they limited the quantity so they change it for you, but then the FSSS still shows up and works. Got it for $19.99 shipped.

#58 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

FYI, with the free shipping, I got a shipping estimate of February 23. Can anyone else whose dealt with Amazon preorders comment on how accurate these estimates are?

They are not accurate. They have a long lead time to cover for any problems that may come up. I always use Super Saver and my items always arrive release day or a day after.

#59 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Add 2x 3-month cards to your cart along w/ L&D, then when you go to checkout it'll say they limited the quantity so they change it for you, but then the FSSS still shows up and works. Got it for $19.99 shipped.

Not needed, in case you or anyone else missed this on the last page:

Also, don't forget about the free poster, that is a DEAL MAKER RIGHT THERE.

#60 Bretters

Bretters

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks, ordered. :)
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Bretters360"]Posted Image[/URL]