Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

• Please log in to reply
976 replies to this topic

#661 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

The way the season opens, I am curious to see why Walt is running and why he needs such a big gun. You would think that dealing with Hank and the DEA wouldn't need a gun that large. I wonder if him killing all of Mike's men and dealing with the new gang for distribution has anything to do with him needing the fire power.

As far as Hank turning Walt in, I would think he would be a bit cautious because his entire treatment was paid for by drug money.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#662 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

The way the season opens, I am curious to see why Walt is running and why he needs such a big gun. You would think that dealing with Hank and the DEA wouldn't need a gun that large. I wonder if him killing all of Mike's men and dealing with the new gang for distribution has anything to do with him needing the fire power.

As far as Hank turning Walt in, I would think he would be a bit cautious because his entire treatment was paid for by drug money.

This is if Hank survives. I am expecting Walt to massacre him, marie and skyler, and running away from the place. I am thinking he needs the gun to fight off something to expand his enterprise. I would love the series to end where all of walt's family except for the kids to be dead, and he has the chance to be the top player in America, only to be shot by Jesse for being crazy.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#663 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

I think what's going to happen is that guy isn't going to accept Walt saying he's out. And that he didn't seem like much by first impressions, but will wind up being as calculating as Gus, and as vicious as Tuco. Like a perfect combo Walt shouldn't have fucked with. That he'll probably pay that Jessie 2.0 kid to try and kill Walt, and Walt will survive it.

Hank will probably hold off ratting Walt out because he's too conflicted, Skyler and/or Walt Jr. get killed as a message to Walt, and Hank is left devastated because he sat on the info and let Walt get himself to that point.

And the gun is maybe Walt holing up for a last stand, like how a few eps back he was so engrossed in the movie Scarface when watching it with Walt Jr. while Skylar stood there semi creeped out by it.

And my final prediction, at least three scenes of Walt Jr. eating cereal.

#664 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I noticed my "To Do" list said 0 future BB episodes to record, so I figured the series had ended with a shorter season. "Alright, time to watch," I thought to myself, "now I can avoid cliffhangers!" I then went ahead and watched the 6 episodes I had saved, including the latest. Curse you, AMC.

I did, however, like that last scene. For a moment, I wondered about whether there would be a sound effect to emphasize the impact of what I knew was about to happen when they showed that book. I guess they chose the classier route.

#665 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, the "done in by a book" thing is a little lame, but then again, it's not like Walt has been particularly cautious all along. A book on the shitter is probably better than Hank walking in his office 30 seconds earlier than expected and catching Walt in the act of installing/removing a tracer. So however it goes down, it was a matter of time.

I really, really, really wish they had inserted an audible "plop" after they cut back to Hank after the flashback. That would have been AWESOME. Not like tearing ass, I'm just talking a delicate splash, just to let us know. Shit dropped, yo.

I have something that might interest you...

Posted Image

#666 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I still don't see how people could like Mike. Just because he has a granddaughter that he visits doesn't mean he never did fucked up shit for Fring or dissolve an innocent kid in acid like recently.

Skylar is also acting perfectly in character. Why wouldn't she want to kill herself if her husband is forcing the family to stay together? When she was okay with the money laundering, it was before Walt warned her that Fring's men were on the way to the house.

I predict that we'll see Hank awkwardly cope, Marie act irrational and hysterical, Walt act like a really proud coward, and Jesse say "Yeah bitch!" alot. Honestly, I think Walt will get shot to end it while trying to retaliate because he thinks he's invincible.

#667 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

And so the end begins.

Really feel for Jesse and I hope he makes it alive through the end of the series. With tonight's premier it looks like he may be killed off early but this could be what the director wants you to believe.

I like the flash forward again to start off this half of the season. I can see them resuming that point in time towards the middle of the season. By the finale I don't know if I will have sympathy for Walt when he inevitably dies. They've done a great job developing his character each season slowly transforming him from average joe to a legitimate villain.  

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#668 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Was very good, very excited to see this play out..

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#669 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

I fucking loved last night's episode. Favorite part was easily when Hank and Walt were in the garage and he told Hank to tread lightly. Goddamn, so great.

#670 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi, Carol.

That garage door felt like it took forever to close. Culmination of an entire series, right there. So glad this show's back.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#671 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

That ricin Walter took from his abandoned home, that's going to play a big part in the finale. I'm guessing, some way or another, that's how Walter will meet his end, it'll come full circle or karma for what he did to the boy, Brock.

#672 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

That moment with the garage door closing might very well end up being my favorite of the entire series. I also loved the "Heisenberg" written on the living room wall.

#673 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

That moment with the garage door closing might very well end up being my favorite of the entire series. I also loved the "Heisenberg" written on the living room wall.

Which means people know who he is/was. It also must have broke as a major local news story because of how his neighbor reacted. I'm wondering how fast we get to this part of the story.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#674 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Spoiler

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#675 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Great episode.  It is already one of my all-time favorite shows but if the last 7 episodes are this good.... holy crap.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#676 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

Jesse! 

:bouncy:

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#677 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great episode! Can't wait to see what happens!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#678 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

So, does anything think that Walter will end up in Witness Protection at the end of the show and then in the last few seconds, you see the intro sequence to Malcom In The Middle?

#679 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

So, does anything think that Walter will end up in Witness Protection at the end of the show and then in the last few seconds, you see the intro sequence to Malcom In The Middle?

That would be too funny.

#680 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I've seen this idea floated a lot and it is funny, but I think this show is just way too good to go that route.

#681 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I was certain before the start of this half-season that the show would end in Walt's death. With the flash forward in the first episode, I'm not so confident. Perhaps that's before his final conflict, but it's obvious he's alive for quite a bit longer at least. I still think that Walt will die physically, or Heisenberg will die (figuratively) where he has to atone for what he's done.

#682 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

:lol:  :lol:

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#683 gamingpenguin

gamingpenguin

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm so happy I'm just on Season 4.  So many more good episodes to go!

small.png

#684 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

This last episode sucked, I was really hoping for an actual lead into something great after the week before, but no. Tease after tease and now just about every character in the show is unlikable. I hope Hank falls into a vat of chemicals or something. And Walt is about 10% as evil as Jesse is making him out to be. If anything, Walt seems to be the most rational person right now.

UjCoyFa.png

#685 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

^minority

#686 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Its funny how different dexter and breaking bad are taking their final seasons. Everything is still honky dory for ol dexy boy

#687 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

This last episode sucked, I was really hoping for an actual lead into something great after the week before, but no. Tease after tease and now just about every character in the show is unlikable. I hope Hank falls into a vat of chemicals or something. And Walt is about 10% as evil as Jesse is making him out to be. If anything, Walt seems to be the most rational person right now.

Riiiight.... The last episode was amazing!  Pretty much everything is on the table at this point. 

Spoiler
  I don't know.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#688 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Some of the questions asked on the Facebook Breaking Bad status update for Talking Bad are so damn great.

Couple of my favorites are "How come Walt JR wasn't eating breakfeast?","How's Maries Lasagna?", " How did Jesse find a pay phone so quickly?... I haven't found a pay phone in at least five years..." and the best so far,Can someone PLEASE take that stupid looking hat off of the baby?! They live in New Mexico for cying out loud, and that kid is how old now?"

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#689 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

That was a fucking cruel ending.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#690 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

So how bout tonight's episode eh?

Spoiler

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: inFamous 2, Metro Last Light