MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
mlb09cagleaguelogo2.jpg

3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE:
1. This league will have a fantasy draft! Not only will your skill be determined on the field, but also in the GM's office. It's up to you to put together your roster and find that winning combination to get you to the World Series. Once all teams are locked into place, a lottery will be held to determine the draft order. More details to come!

2. Since real life rosters will not be used, this will de-emphasize the importance of playing as a "top team". Of course we all have our favorite teams, but in this league, the logo on your hat won't get you into the postseason. There will be some kind of selection process for choosing who you play as. The exact details have yet to be determined, but the important thing is...THE ROYALS WILL HAVE A CHANCE!!! :D More details to come!

3. This really deserves to be point #1, because it is the most critical part of making any league work. I know everybody is very excited about MLB 09: The Show's release. But remember, playing in a league is a committment. Many of you have done this before, so you already know. But let this be a reminder. Sign up for this league because you love baseball from Valentine's Day to Halloween. Sign up because you enjoy the gameplay, the competition, and the camaraderie.

Think of this as a marriage. If you're in it, be in it for the long haul. I'd like to have at least a 30 game season, and every other person in this league needs you every step of the way. If you're in it, be in it through the good and the bad. The biggest problem this game has had the last few years has been online lag. It varies tremendously depending on who you play and when you play.

Some games will fly by without a hitch. But others will hiccup and stutter their way through 9 innings. If you'd rather take a loss than play a laggy game, you're free to do so. But let's try to keep the frustration in check, and maintain a sense of sportsmanship throughout the season.

In regards to sportsmanship, play the game like it's meant to be played. Don't do things that wouldn't be done in any ballpark around MLB. DO NOT RUSH YOUR PITCHES. Be mindful that you're playing another human being and not the AI. I'm writing all of this as a reminder to myself as much as anybody else.

I think everybody is here to have a good time, and I think if we all work to keep this league productive, The Show will reward us with one hell of an experience! I know I'm greatly looking forward to it!

After experiencing many problems with the fantasy draft system, and having it temporarily break the league, astonisingly enough, it managed to fix itself. The rosters have been finalized, and we are ready to PLAY BALL! Everybody should start playing their games, and remember, you don't have to play anyone in a set order, but that doesn't mean you can use the same pitcher for every game. You're expected to go through your pitching rotation like any other team would. Most importantly, do your best...and have fun!

Check out the Official CAG League Website, where you can view your schedule, league standings, see who's online, and read the league bulletin board.

Signed Up CAGS *click name to send private message
CAG Name | PSN ID | Team | Email/AIM | Time Zone
1. n8rockerasu - n8rocker82 - New York Yankees - EST
2. BostonCollegeFan - BostonCollegeFan - San Fransisco Giants - EST
3. yukine - ratzombie - Arizona Diamondbacks - MST
4. DestroVega - DestroVega - Minnesota Twins - EST
5. ivanctorres - ICT_EsqGamer - Tampa Bay Rays - [email protected] - EST
*kicked out - 0 games played in 3 weeks

6. zkelton - Keltonian - Seattle Mariners - EST
7. Supreme - CaptainBackslap - Chicago White Sox - EST
8. m_d_amore - mdam0re - Toronto Blue Jays - EST
9. talonthrawn - talon7 - Detroit Tigers - CST
10. melokeith - cusemanKeith - Baltimore Orioles - EST
11. stewie75 - MrFurley75 - Chicago Cubs - CST
12. Wpark83 - Wpark83 - Colorado Rockies - EST
13. NoNova - NoNova - San Diego Padres - ???
14. BasketCase1080 - Killsbury - Milwaukee Brewers - steggermeister - CST
*kicked out - 4 games played in 6 weeks/failed to contact opponents

15. GenDV138 - GenDV138 - St. Louis Cardinals - GenDV138 - EST
16. jza1218 - statnut - New York Mets - EST

Team Selection Lottery

Video: List:
1. NoNova
2. Basketcase1080
3. FriskyTanuki - yukine
4. jza1218
5. xistence - stewie75
6. n8rockerasu
7. Wpark83
8. talonthrawn
9. ivanctorres
10. Supreme
11. BostonCollegeFan
12. FrankySox - zkelton
13. m_d_amore
14. melokeith
15. GenDV138
16. DestroVega

Player Draft Order
The draft will consist of 25 rounds. The following order will be used for odd number rounds. Even number rounds will use the reverse of this order. This order was generated by the game itself, and was not anything I could influence or change in any way.

1. n8rockerasu
2. m_d_amore
3. BostonCollegeFan
4. zkelton
5. yukine
6. Wpark83
7. jza1218
8. melokeith
9. talonthrawn
10. ivanctorres
11. NoNova
12. Supreme
13. stewie75
14. DestroVega
15. GenDV138
16. BasketCase1080

Week 7 Standings
8NL.jpg

8AL.jpg

Current Pitching Rotations

NATIONAL LEAGUE

New York Mets - jza1218/statnut
1. Cole Hamels - LHP
2. Matt Cain - RHP
3. David Price - LHP
4. Randy Johnson - LHP
5. Clayton Kershaw - LHP
479065.jpg
479027.jpg
1232130.jpg
7762.jpg
1221725.jpg

Chicago Cubs
- stewie75/mrfurley75
1. Felix Hernandez - RHP
2. Jon Lester - LHP
3. Adam Wainwright - RHP
4. Cliff Lee - LHP
5. Ricky Nolasco - RHP
541516.jpg
580589.jpg
389743.jpg
370395.jpg
580595.jpg
St. Louis Cardinals - GenDV138/GenDv138
1. Rich Harden - RHP
2. Ervin Santana - RHP
3. Jair Jurrjens - RHP
4. Gil Meche - RHP
5. Jason Schmidt - RHP
390807.jpg
479168.jpg
1199811.jpg
27190.jpg
8053.jpg

Arizona Diamondbacks
- yukine/ratzombie
1. Brandon Webb - RHP
2. Ted Lilly - LHP
3. Chris Young - RHP
4. Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP
5. Max Scherzer - RHP
390856.jpg
21612.jpg
517762.jpg
533004.jpg
1225651.jpg
Colorado Rockies - Wpark83/Wpark83
1. Carlos Zambrano - RHP
2. A.J. Burnett - RHP
3. Wandy Rodriguez - LHP
4. John Maine - RHP
5. Andy Pettite - LHP *banished to AAA
223692.jpg
21508.jpg
533047.jpg
479206.jpg
7976.jpg
San Diego Padres - NoNova/NoNova
1. Jake Peavy - RHP
2. Zack Greinke - RHP
3. Eric Bedard - LHP
4. Aaron Harang - RHP
5. Aaron Cook - RHP
288915.jpg
390851.jpg
288939.jpg
306411.jpg
212014.jpg
San Francisco Giants - BostonCollegeFan/BostonCollegeFan
1. Tim Lincecum - RHP
2. Josh Beckett - RHP
3. James Shields - RHP
4. Joba Chamberlain - RHP
5. Barry Zito - LHP
1182822.jpg
174887.jpg
580602.jpg
1232125.jpg
174962.jpg

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Baltimore Orioles - melokeith/cusemankeith
1. Roy Oswalt - RHP
2. Scott Kazmir - LHP
3. Jeremy Bonderman - RHP
4. Mark Buehrle - LHP
5. Bronson Arroyo - RHP
212033.jpg
483346.jpg
387480.jpg
174775.jpg
22106.jpg
New York Yankees - n8rockerasu-n8rocker82
1. Roy Halladay - RHP
2. Dan Haren - RHP
3. John Lackey - RHP
4. Joe Saunders - LHP
5. Jeff Francis - LHP
18820.jpg
400617.jpg
223559.jpg
533017.jpg
517683.jpg
Toronto Blue Jays - m_d_amore/mdam0re
1. Derek Lowe - RHP
2. Johan Santana - LHP
3. Edinson Volquez - RHP
4. Brandon Morrow - RHP
5. Jered Weaver - RHP
7831.jpg
174948.jpg
564090.jpg
1200838.jpg
584809.jpg

Chicago White Sox - Supreme/CaptainBackslap
1. Daisuke Matsuzaka - RHP
2. Javier Vazquez - RHP
3. Tim Hudson - RHP
4. John Danks - LHP
5. Gavin Floyd - RHP
1145060.jpg
8148.jpg
132684.jpg
538912.jpg
390847.jpg
Detroit Tigers - talonthrawn/talon7
1. CC Sabathia - RHP
2. Ben Sheets - RHP *banished to AAA
3. Ryan Dempster - RHP
4. Hiroki Kuroda - RHP
5. Dustin McGowan - RHP
174974.jpg
174800.jpg
11032.jpg
1442917.jpg
223562.jpg
Minnesota Twins - DestroVega/DestroVega
1. Justin Duchscherer - RHP
2. Chien-Ming Wang - RHP
3. Francisco Liriano - LHP
4. Oliver Perez - LHP *banished to AAA
5. Curt Schilling - RHP *banished to the old folks home
242527.jpg
382868.jpg
530359.jpg
225417.jpg
8052.jpg

Seattle Mariners - zkelton/Keltonian
1. John Smoltz - RHP
2. Kelvim Escobar - RHP
3. Justin Verlander - RHP
4. Jeremy Guthrie - RHP
5. Dave Bush - RHP
8074.jpg
7588.jpg
530362.jpg
390771.jpg
486527.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAG League Tournament (in case we ever need it again)
The MLB 09 CAG League is on a temporary (hopefully) hiatus while we give Sony time to work out its many glitches that literally broke our league. After having most of the league show up, and sit through two hours of draft choices, the game decided to break down at the beginning of the 16th round. Seeming to have a life of its own, the game decided to make our selections for us until it reached the 22nd round where it died completely. Numerous attempts were made to revive the draft, but those attempts were futile and resulted in an almost immediate disconnect from the SportsConnect servers. Because of this horrendous, game crashing glitch, the league is effectively "broken", stuck in the "drafting" phase for all eternity. Bravo, Sony. Bravo.

In the meantime, we will revert to the dark ages of online sports gaming and create our own double elimination tournament. Teams are being chosen on a first come, first serve basis, so post your choice in the thread as soon as you see this! A bracket can be found below. You play your opponent once, with the winner moving on in the top bracket, and the loser moving to the corresponding letter in the bottom bracket. When you lose two games, you are eliminated. Feel free to start playing your games as soon as you and your opponent have posted your team choice. It's up to you to contact your opponent to schedule a time to play. Oh, and also, NO PITCHING ROTATIONS for this tournament. Use your best and play to win. Good luck to all, and let's hope this game doesn't give us all a stroke.

MLB 09: The Show CAG League Tournament
("Seeding" was assigned based on the results from the team draft lottery)

1. NoNova - Phillies
2. Basketcase1080 - Brewers
3. yukine - Diamondbacks
4. jza1218 - Mets
5. stewie75 - Dodgers
6. n8rockerasu - Angels
7. Wpark83 - Yankees
8. talonthrawn - Rays
9. ivanctorres - ???
10. Supreme - Red Sox
11. BostonCollegeFan - Giants
12. zkelton - Mariners
13. m_d_amore - Royals
14. melokeith - Cubs
15. GenDV138 - Cardinals
16. DestroVega - A's

mlb09cagleaguetournament.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry fantasy draft = I'm out.[/quote]

If somebody else had gotten the Cardinals and their real roster, would you have been out also?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If somebody else had gotten the Cardinals and their real roster, would you have been out also?[/quote]

No I would have figured out someone else to use that wasn't the Cubs, Phillies, Mets, Red Sox, or Yanks. It probably would have been either the Angels, White Sox, Dodgers, or Indians since the Rays would have been taken.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No I would have figured out someone else to use that wasn't the Cubs, Phillies, Mets, Red Sox, or Yanks. It probably would have been either the Angels, White Sox, Dodgers, or Indians since the Rays would have been taken.[/quote]

All right...so, you'd rather have none of your favorite players than be able to have a few on a (potentially) different team? You must be one hell of a purist man, haha. Seriously though, I feel bad for excluding anybody, but I really believe doing a draft gives everybody a fair shake. Anyway, sorry we couldn't do it for ya man.

to MSU... maybe the next league we can do regular teams? I assume there will be two again at some point like last year

What do you guys do about the lag? Dont they have a 1 inning grace period that lets you quit? Then who takes the loss? I know I would hate to be forced to sit through 9 innings of hellish lag

Im still not to sure about how the win-loss situation is sorted out when there is lag.

[quote name='smiggity']What do you guys do about the lag? Dont they have a 1 inning grace period that lets you quit? Then who takes the loss? I know I would hate to be forced to sit through 9 innings of hellish lag

Im still not to sure about how the win-loss situation is sorted out when there is lag.[/quote]

I wouldn't sign up for the league if you don't know if you can handle lag...

I played a few games that were almost unplayable last year and I just battled through it.sometimes the connections all of a sudden got better, sometimes not

but if you do play and don't want to play through lag and you quit, you lost. there is no grace period, you start you quit you lose.

[quote name='smiggity']What do you guys do about the lag? Dont they have a 1 inning grace period that lets you quit? Then who takes the loss? I know I would hate to be forced to sit through 9 innings of hellish lag

Im still not to sure about how the win-loss situation is sorted out when there is lag.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't mean to be harsh about it...but I generally don't like sugarcoating things. If you're one of those people who just HAS to have a smooth game or you'll have a conniption, I'd advise not signing up. I hope to God they've fixed the online this year, but none of us can make any guarantees. There were games last year where you couldn't really see the pitch as it was coming toward you, and just had to time/guess your swing. The important thing to remember is that both people are dealing with it.

I don't anticipate actually starting the league until a couple weeks after the game has been out though, so if you're getting it day one, you should have time to test it out, and see if you'd want to join the league (assuming there are still spots open).

[quote name='Thongsy']I'm tentatively in. Still deciding on whether or not to pick up the game.[/quote]

Again, not to be harsh, but then you're not in. I'm not interested in "maybe"s.

A late start will be good especially if they require you to play a certain amount of games to even be able to create a league like last year.

[quote name='DestroVega']I wouldn't sign up for the league if you don't know if you can handle lag...

I played a few games that were almost unplayable last year and I just battled through it.sometimes the connections all of a sudden got better, sometimes not

but if you do play and don't want to play through lag and you quit, you lost. there is no grace period, you start you quit you lose.[/quote]

My whole thing is, Im not going to sit there wasting my time and having no fun because I cant see the pitch. Certainly it would not be my connection, so Im not worried there.

Also I believe I read that in online games there is a 1 inning "grace period" that lets you quit the game without penalty. That is what I am referring to.

If its a late start I will give it a shot the first week or so and see how it goes online for me

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']A late start will be good especially if they require you to play a certain amount of games to even be able to create a league like last year.[/quote]

Yeah, well I don't even really consider it much of a "late start" considering the game comes out a month before the regular season starts anyway. I figure a couple weeks to let everybody get acclimated to the changes, fulfill any minimum game requirements, and to test the severs should be fine.

[quote name='Supreme']I'm in if you don't mind having me back.[/quote]

Of course man. Like I've been saying, I think certain tensions arose last year more as a result of frustration with the overall system. I think those problems are things we can learn from, and hopefully provide a better experience to all participants this year. Welcome to the league :)

[quote name='smiggity']My whole thing is, Im not going to sit there wasting my time and having no fun because I cant see the pitch. Certainly it would not be my connection, so Im not worried there.

Also I believe I read that in online games there is a 1 inning "grace period" that lets you quit the game without penalty. That is what I am referring to.

If its a late start I will give it a shot the first week or so and see how it goes online for me[/quote]

Alot of times it wasn't either person's connections, it was the Sportsnet server that was the lag problem

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right...so, you'd rather have none of your favorite players than be able to have a few on a (potentially) different team? You must be one hell of a purist man, haha. Seriously though, I feel bad for excluding anybody, but I really believe doing a draft gives everybody a fair shake. Anyway, sorry we couldn't do it for ya man.[/quote]

It's just I don't like fantasy drafts for any type of video game sports. I've played fantasy sports on Yahoo for years, but when I play it on a video game, I want the real teams.

It's fine, just more time to devote to maybe actually finishing one season playing all the games in a baseball game for the first time since High Heat 03.

In regards to the lag a patch was put out about 1 month after the game came out and it fixed some of the issues. That's the problem with PS3, the online experience is only as good as the servers. And with the Show (at least last year) they were poor to mediocre.

I would be all over this if it wasn't for the unknown lag situation and also the fantasy draft aspect.

I do wish you all the best of luck though and will likely follow this thread closely.

I'm happy to see that a bunch of people from the N8 league last year are in this year. Should be fun and Ill be able to get revenge on all the spankings I took last year.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I would be all over this if it wasn't for the unknown lag situation and also the fantasy draft aspect.

I do wish you all the best of luck though and will likely follow this thread closely.[/quote]

I have to ask this again (as I asked MSUHitman), would you rather be in a league with real rosters, and let somebody else have your favorite team?

[quote name='Willie Aames']I'm interested. Not certain if we're calling teams yet, but I'll but my bid in for the O's[/quote]

Read the OP man. I know it's lengthy. But there are 3 main points that greatly define this league, and they are things you should know before even considering signing up.

bumping this to keep us off the 2nd page. So far, we've got 12 guys. I think that's a good conservative number...but I'm sure we'll have more interest once the game comes out.

my brother hasn't yet responded and he's definite, also my friend wants to get in on it, I'll have him post here

I'm in. Used up a ton of credit to grab a PS3 after X-Mas and this was one of the reasons why. I'm pumped for this game. My PSN is: BostonDirtDawg.

[quote name='Matt Young']I should have a PS3 in a week or so. If that's not a problem, I'd like to join. Time zone: Pacific.[/quote]

Yeah, Matt. As long as you're down with playing with fantasy rosters (some people are really sticklers for "realism"), you're in. I don't plan on starting the league until about 2 weeks after the game has been out. This will give everybody time to actually buy the game, get some practice in, let the servers stabilize (as much as they can), and figure out who's actually committed to doing this thing. Even then, we'll only be at about March 17, which is like 2 weeks before the MLB regular season starts.

[quote name='Matt Young']Sounds good to me. How many games will we be playing?[/quote]

I'd like to have somewhere around 30...but it's really going to depend on how many teams we've got. It really just multiplies based on the number of games in a series, so with 15 teams, 2 game series would give us 28 games and 3 game series would give us 42. I'll probably put that to a vote once we get all the teams confirmed.

bread's done
Back