Warhammer Online recruit-a-friend free trials

plasticbathmonki

CAGiversary!
Hey kids,

Since we had an ongoing thread dedicated to WoW recruitment program, I figure it was time to give WAR some love too. Anyone with an account should have between 3-6 recruitment notices for 7-day free trials (assuming you haven't used them) that can be emailed out. I'm sitting on 5 right now (you get 3 every month you subscribe, max 6). For every recruit that becomes a subscriber, the person that sent the notice gets 30 days free credit.

So if you are interested in give WAR a spin, post your requests. Oh, and no newbies, or anyone who has posted 1000 times in the freebie and referral boards and never on the rest of CAG.

Guys I have played WoW and WAR both, in my opinion WAR get's boring quickly.

PvP is great..for awhile.

Almost zero PvE content also.

Worth a free trial shot, but it get's boring.

Just my two cents,
Seth

Things have gotten much better now that they've been rolling out patches and new content, not to mention the much needed server mergers. On my server (Monolith), we're having a fairly awesome back-and-forth Tier 4 battle against order, which is great for entertainment value, but crappy for the fact we can't get to the endgame with so much resistance.

The community has also gotten much, much better (I'll happily admit that the chat was a ghost town for about 2 or 3 months).

As far as PvE content, I don't see it as any more or less a grind than than WoW, other than the fact that WoW's endgame is PvE-centric.

But in the end, WAR is an MMO. Either you enjoy it or hate it.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm moderately interested.[/quote]

PM me your email address.

I have been thinking of picking up WAR. Would be nice to try it out before I buy it. Hell just left WoW after playing since beta, looking for something that is harder than WoW really so I guess this is worth a shot.

[quote name='LostRoad']I have been thinking of picking up WAR. Would be nice to try it out before I buy it. Hell just left WoW after playing since beta, looking for something that is harder than WoW really so I guess this is worth a shot.[/quote]

Give it a try, but I bet you'll be disappointed.

[quote name='will52']Give it a try, but I bet you'll be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

In time he will be. :3

[quote name='Kayden']Damnit... I've been playing the game all day. It's fun. =([/QUOTE]

I will admit it was addicting at first, but it got old, quickly.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']
I will admit it was addicting at first, but it got old, quickly.[/quote]

To each his own, but I've been playing this game since launch, have 2 rank 40 characters and am part of a guild with over 120 people and I still have a blast every night.

I played it at launch too, it was fun for awhile.

Honestly, I thought WoW was more fun but I got tired of that too.

Order or Destruction?

Only level 40? =\ I'm 13 after yesterday. What do you do at 40? Is there an expansion due out soon? Are there any good GUI mods? How I mine for fish?

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']

Order or Destruction?[/quote]

My two 40's are both destruction: a Marauder and a Blackguard. I also have a rank 20 Witch Hunter on another server.

[quote name='Kayden']Only level 40? =\ I'm 13 after yesterday. What do you do at 40? Is there an expansion due out soon? Are there any good GUI mods? How I mine for fish?[/quote]

40 is the max. There are a few rather difficult dungeons that you can do, plus there is the coveted city siege, which requires some serious RVR.

The first "expansion" (this isn't a Warcraft-esque expansion, more like adding an additional chapter) is due out in phases over March through July. You can read all about it at http://www.warhammeronline.com/call_to_arms/index.php

I'm hoping I can just get played out in a week. :lol: I don't want to have to buy the game and sub to get bored in a month.

I was getting bored with my magus. She just can't seem to do enough PVP damage. I have skills that say the do 300 damage, but they do it over 20 seconds. Any attack that does direct damage has a casting time or a massive cool down.

I tried the zealot(?). I couldn't handle trying to target allies to heal and enemies to attack at the same time. It's weird having to attack to get mana to heal.

I started up an orc tank thing... He's fun, but I can't seem to kill well in PVP. He's durable, but they just don't die.

I can see this being really fun if I was in a decent guild, but I doubt that'll happen.

If you are interested in continuing on, pick up a copy from Circuit City. They had a few copies of WAR left, as well as a few WoW battle chests and copies of the WoTLK if that's more your thing.

Heh, I was there and saw that. I couldn't find WOTLK, or else I would have gotten it...

I'll go back when everything hits 50%. If they're still there, I'll grab em.

[quote name='Kayden']Heh, I was there and saw that. I couldn't find WOTLK, or else I would have gotten it...

I'll go back when everything hits 50%. If they're still there, I'll grab em.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sounds like you're getting ready to ruin your life. ;)

I have 6 keys I can hand out, if anyone is interested. If so, please PM me with an email address and first name (it asks for both of those - never used the R-a-F so can't tell you any more about it).

I'm now on the Iron Rock servers on Destruction side, having just transferred there today, and on Dark Crag on Order. Also, if anyone wants, I or others could probably post some starter tips on server/class/etc choices.

[quote name='Kayden']I was getting bored with my magus. She just can't seem to do enough PVP damage. I have skills that say the do 300 damage, but they do it over 20 seconds. Any attack that does direct damage has a casting time or a massive cool down.

(...) [/QUOTE]FWIW, the early levels of a class are very different from later on. The top player on my last server was a Magus, as were a couple of the other top 10 (they get statues in the capital cities). Stick with a class, especially when you hit 11 and start getting into skill trees, and you'll see a big difference.

I was very interested in this game for a long time... but got addicted to WoW again. Im looking for something new and Warhammer looks great. /heart rvr ideas.
my email is [email protected]

could someone please send me a raf i know ill like the game and definately plan on buying so u get your free month =]

edit: btw im new to this site and just listened to the podcast for the first time. It is great stuff!

I've been looking in so many places trying to find a free trial for WAR... I've been looking into it for SO long and have really wanted to try it... So if anyone has one to spare please e-mail me at [email protected]. (I think you need to know my first name too, it's Nathan). Thanks a lot for any help you can give!

Good morning CAG,

It looks like Mythic is trying to reward folks for quality recruiting, so tarting March 5th, they added some incentives (spiffy gear and pets) for signing up new players. You can find out more on the WAR Web site, mostly because I don't want to post a wall of text.

Additionally, I have 3 more invites coming my way, so if you want in, PM me. Remember though, I WON'T give invites to newbies or freebie forum spammers. You have to at least have a pseudo-active presence on CAG to receive one. Not trying to be a jerk, I just won't waste my invites on gold sellers who will get the "Banhammer" immediately after they start using it. If you PM'ed me and I didn't send you a message back, send me a new one and I'll hook you up.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']I have 6 keys I can hand out, if anyone is interested. If so, please PM me with an email address and first name (it asks for both of those - never used the R-a-F so can't tell you any more about it).

i am very interesting in the game. ive been looking at it for a while now but i dont want to buy it before i know what its like. email me at [email protected]

my names Thomas

I have 2 more passes available. Same rules apply as before, but now is a good time to try it out, because today they are rolling out a huge patch, plus they're kicking off a new live event, Bitter Rivals, tonight.

I still have three trials to give out, so PM me with your email address and first name (they ask for it -- I don't know why) for it.

Well kids, while I still have two more trials to give out, it looks like you no longer need an invite to try the game out. Mythic has posted a 10-day trial link on the Warhammer Online Web site (LINK). BUT, since I get bonus gear and game time for recruiting, if you want to try the game out, ask me first!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']What's the monthly on this game and do you need to buy a copy to play full?[/quote]
$15 a month, and yes you will. I'd imagine that you can find it cheaper than the $43 that amazon has it for though.

[quote name='jlseal'] I'd imagine that you can find it cheaper than the $43 that amazon has it for though.[/quote]

You can get it for less than $30 at Newegg, GoGamer and Direct-2-Drive.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']You can get it for less than $30 at Newegg, GoGamer and Direct-2-Drive.[/quote]
There you go, come join the Waaaagh!

I have some trials to give out as well. If anyone wants one just shoot me a PM with the e-mail you want it sent to.

COME MY CAG BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! ITS TIME FOR A WAAAAAAGH!!!!!

Ceiphied_035.jpg

bread's done
Back