Photo
- - - - -

[DEADER THAN DISCO] Left 4 Dead $24.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#31 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Man, I was hoping for FEAR 2 going on sale. It's probably just a matter of time.

It just came out a few days ago, don't count on it being in a weekend deal anytime soon.

#32 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

This deal is full of win.

I missed out on the amazon black friday sale (it was 30 or 35 I think) because I tried hunting around for a headset.

I still don't have a pc headset. I have a nice bluetooth headset I use for my phone/ps3, i i got a usb bluetooth adapter would this interface correctly?

If not, whats a good/cheap headset you guys reccomend for pc games.

#33 ThaiGrocer

ThaiGrocer

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

Just a reminder that every Valve game sold at retail funnels down to Steam. You are getting box art, a key, and a disc with a backup of the game that must be registered on Steam. $25 is a steal. Get the game and back it up on your own DVD if you don't care much for box art and game keys.

#34 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I want this, but the demo ran like complete hell on my (well above specs) machine. it had problems with dual core machines, I guess? Did they fix this? and I don't want to fix it by disabling a core.

#35 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

may jump on this... prob the best deal since the 19.99 bf deal that i missed :(

1080i is for douchebags

#36 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

I really want this game, but wanted it on 360, though for this price I don't know if I can pass it up

#37 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

I would jump all over this if my pc could run the game.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 mattyice11

mattyice11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

If only this was a B&M sale. I can't stand not having a physical copy of a full game.

Why? You can't sell or trade anything that is tied to your Steam account - which a physical disc would be. I suppose reinstalling would be faster from a disc, but I'd rather save the space if I can't resell the game anyway.

#39 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

It's still a bit more expensive than what I would like to pay, but I don't think this will be getting cheaper any time soon, so I think I'll get this.

#40 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

I would jump all over this if my pc could run the game.

its a source engine game so requirements are not too high.. heck i was able to run this with my old ass 6600 gt

1080i is for douchebags

#41 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Kick ass
Already have the game, but now I can afford to buy it for my brother who's been wanting it too :-P
Posted Image

#42 Numarx

Numarx

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

I want this, but the demo ran like complete hell on my (well above specs) machine. it had problems with dual core machines, I guess? Did they fix this? and I don't want to fix it by disabling a core.

I had an issue like this, it was stuttering a bunch even though my specs are way above what I needed. There was an option in the game "Multicore Rendering" when I disabled it the game runs smooth as hell now. Try it on the demo.

#43 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

Buy it mofos!

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Might have to get it, not sure, there will probably be a price drop around the time of the DLC, wouldn't be missing much since custom maps won't be possible until they release the SDK then.

Guardian_owl.png

#45 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

Damn, wish this deal was for the 360 version too!

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#46 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

This game is awesome on the PC! For anyone debating between the 360 and PC version, I can honestly say that the PC version blows away the 360 version if your computer is up to the task. I can't stop playing this game, even after I've played through levels over and over. It's the equivalent of team-based counterstrike in the sense that it's highly addictive and the game actually depends more on who you're playing with than variety in the levels. You just never know how other new players are going to play, and that's what makes it awesome ... are they going to set off a car alarm and bring the horde down on the team. Is someone going to make a bad choice and get left behind, will your team mate go crazy and shoot you right before you get to the safehouse, will the chopper come but you're pounced on by a hunter right before you can get on board and you're left for dead .... you just never know ... and that's what makes it awesome ... not to mention the mods on PC that will start to pop up (and have already ... imagine the hulk as one of the infected in your game ... won't see that on 360.

#47 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

I already bought this from steam on release date, but its certainly a great deal. I actually prefer to have my games on steam then have the physical copy. Its much easier for me to have all my games in one place just a click away.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

How about 25 bucks for the 360 already FFS?

#49 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Awesome game (and also very hilarious)! I bought a steam key off of g2play.pl for 15 bucks if you guys want it for cheaper. Granted the site is not the easiest to use but it does work. And for those wanting cases and discs, you can always make your own kick ass custom ones.

#50 MattVid

MattVid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

Awesome, thanks for the heads up OP! Been wanting to pick this up for some time now, have only heard good things. Definitely worth a try for $25.

And all the moaning about "I want a physical copy", then go buy it at the store. But honestly, with Steam, an online copy is the same thing except you don't have all these discs laying around that you don't need. Steam is a good service, and there are not download restrictions on most of the games on there (unless they are by EA ...).
Regards,
MattVid
Now Playing:
:pc:: Aion, Champions Online, Crysis, SCII, L4D 2
:ps3:: Read Dead Redemption, Prototype
:psp:: Nothing
:ds:-i: Zelda: Spirit Tracks
:wii:: New SMB, Wii Sports Resort

#51 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

I don't get this downloading games thing;if something happens to your hard-drive,you lose everything,with a copy you always have it.

#52 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

Also, one of the lesser known features of steam is that you can back up games to your HD or DVD. That way, if you reformat often or want to uninstall the game, you won't have to re download the entire game again.

#53 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

I don't get this downloading games thing;if something happens to your hard-drive,you lose everything,with a copy you always have it.

Sometimes I wonder if people have ever actually used steam. Steam connects the game key to your steam account. You can login to any computer with steam installed (its free to install and create a login) with your account which has all your steam purchases tied to it and download the game as many times as you want on as many computers as you want.

#54 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

well dammit just bougt this for $38 or so lol shit! great deal..
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#55 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

i think i will wait until the 360 version gets re-released with new DLC later this summer.

WakaBrea.png

#56 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Would you learn to read before making retarded comments like this? Every single time someone mentions Steam, someone makes this unintelligent claim. Then a million people tell them that you can re-download and re-install as many times as you would like. They even have mentioned you can make your on back-up disc of the data to avoid re-downloading and that you can install on multiple machines so you can play wherever you are. There is absolutely zero reason to complain about Steam unless you are an uninformed moron. But even with all of the correction, people like you come running in and blindly post the same useless crap instead of reading the posts to find out what has even been said.

Oh, and what happens when your precious DVD version of a game gets scratched or a nephew comes along and breaks it? As long as Steam servers are up, your games will always be available to you (and Valve isn't going out of business anytime soon).

This is an awesome deal if you're interested in L4D. No reason for anyone who's computer can handle it to not go ahead and get it.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it gets freaking tiresome with everyone always running in and dogging on some great deal for some stupid reason. If you don't like a particular game or something, fine. Go say that in a review thread. But leave the deals be. And if you can't manage to become informed before posting, just shut the hell up and don't post at all.

And before anyone accuses me of being too sensitive, I haven't even played this game, don't have an X360 (which this is a console exclusive on), and am not even sure that this would be my kind of game. So I'm not defending out of some fanboy-type of love. I just hate all of the retarded comments...

#57 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

This would happen after I pay $38 for a copy on eBay (second copy for my brother; I already have it).

Fuckkkk.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Supadeuce

Supadeuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

Alright, if it's unlimited downloads (at one location)

It's unlimited at any location...you just have to be on your steam screen name. You need to be signed into your login to play it though.
"If I was sponsored by Starbucks I'd be able to afford 7-11 coffee" - Nalts from youtube.

#59 Sam111111

Sam111111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

I need it for 360!
My PC's power supply broke, so I can't run my 8500 [to play the game] and I'm about to switch to Mac ... which would make it even harder.
$^@$^.
Well ... blah. Hopefully a deal like this comes out for the 360 version? I won't hold my breath.

#60 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

If only my Laptop could run this I would be all over it just for the mods. I really need to get me a new PC.
Posted Image