Photo
- - - - -

[DEADER THAN DISCO] Left 4 Dead $24.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#61 bb4lake

bb4lake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Haha, I really don't want to complain about this great price, but really, how much longer do you guys think it will be before the MSRP drops on this? If it is anything like TF2 (Which I realize was a part of Orange Box) it might drop to $20-30 at least before too long. That is my only hesitation, I have really been wanting this but I have a feeling in 6 months or so Steam may run another deal where its only $15.

Also, I bit on the GRAW deal last week and haven't even installed them yet, lol.

#62 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

I have a laptop (Dell) with Vista, a Core 2 Duo T7200, and an ATI X1400. I am guessing that isn't near enough to play this game. Anyone know for sure?

#63 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Not sure, that video card isn't all that great.

oh btw, I installed the demo and did that workaround to play it and it ran pretty good. Although I didn't have time to keep playing until I got to a really massive hoarde. I would hate to buy it even if the game ran pretty good for me, then find out in the later parts of the levels that it gets almost unplayable. hmmm what to do. Im not sure lol.

#64 twen

twen

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Where can I find the demo?
Posted Image

#65 StealthNinjaScyther

StealthNinjaScyther

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

I have a laptop (Dell) with Vista, a Core 2 Duo T7200, and an ATI X1400. I am guessing that isn't near enough to play this game. Anyone know for sure?

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo T5600 and an ATI X1400 with 3 gigs of RAM on XP and the game runs fairly smooth for me on low settings. The game gets a bit choppy on the finales but it's never unplayable.
SSBB: 2449-4552-6351

#66 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

i think you might be ok. check this site out to be sure:
http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#67 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Fuccccccckkkkkkkkk. Just when i wasted money to buy another 360 controller.

Atleast ill have the 360 version to keep me company while i cry in the corner PC versionless.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#68 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

i laugh at the suckas who have to play this on the 360. sdk will melt my brain in the next few weeks

#69 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

ahh crap... so tempting...

#70 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Crud. I knew I should have waited for this to hit 50% off instead of buying it for 25% off. Bah. Ah well.
Posted Image

#71 alpha064

alpha064

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Figures the price drops 2 weeks after I buy it. That happened to me for every game so far, except a handful.
Posted Image

#72 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

i laugh at the suckas who have to play this on the 360. sdk will melt my brain in the next few weeks

You act like "this spring" means the first day of spring... This *IS* Valve we're talking about here. Expect it late spring or first couple of weeks in Summer - be pleasantly surprised if it beats those expectations.

#73 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Haha, I really don't want to complain about this great price, but really, how much longer do you guys think it will be before the MSRP drops on this? If it is anything like TF2 (Which I realize was a part of Orange Box) it might drop to $20-30 at least before too long. That is my only hesitation, I have really been wanting this but I have a feeling in 6 months or so Steam may run another deal where its only $15.

Also, I bit on the GRAW deal last week and haven't even installed them yet, lol.

Heh, I have about a half dozen Steam games to install. Someday.

Anyway, Valve is releasing a GOTA Edition for PC and Xbox to coincide with the DLC. You might see the original versions discounted, but the GOTA edition will probably hover around the $40 price range for some time.

Check out the L4D Steam Group in the PC games subforum if you need help slaughtering zombies.

Someone on the Steam forums pointed out that half the world doesn't have spring at the same time as the U.S. lolz

Where can I find the demo?

Valve had a limited-time demo before the game's release last year. There will likely be a free play weekend to coincide with the upcoming DLC.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#74 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

Not a fan of zombies but a fan of the game. I purchased it when I noticed the deal through Steam's Twitter.

#75 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Excellent. I was annoyed when I missed out on the $20 L4D on Black Friday. $25 is an acceptable price. Hopefully they keep adding new modes because as-is it needs a lot more added to it.

#76 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

I want this, but the demo ran like complete hell on my (well above specs) machine. it had problems with dual core machines, I guess? Did they fix this? and I don't want to fix it by disabling a core.

I had the same problem. I don't know if it's been patched, but to fix it yourself all you had to do was open the console and paste mat_queue_mode 0 in each time you launched the game.

#77 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hopefully they keep adding new modes because as-is it needs a lot more added to it.

http://store.steampo....com/news/2234/

Heh, I have about a half dozen Steam games to install. Someday.

I have about 60 to install. No HD space. :<
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#78 BostonCollegeFan

BostonCollegeFan

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

This game was amazing on 360, can't wait for the SKU to come out :D

#79 bart122580

bart122580

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo T5600 and an ATI X1400 with 3 gigs of RAM on XP and the game runs fairly smooth for me on low settings. The game gets a bit choppy on the finales but it's never unplayable.

I have the same specs except my video card is 7600gt and 2gb ram. The thing is, Vista takes much more resources. I had XP installed and was able to play it at my laptops resoultion( 1280 x 800). Then I installed Windows7 and runs like crap.

For the people who want physical copies: Once you install the game you can right click the game and go to properties. There's a button to back up game data, which can be burned to a disc. It's a physical copy without the box art :D

#80 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

wow, this deal is AWESOME. i pre-ordered off steam for $45 and thought it was worth it. for $25 this is an absolute MUST.

#81 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

Damnit, why oh why....

I already have it on the X360 but wouldn't mind having it on the PC as well. Should I pull the trigger?

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#82 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Out of curiousity how does Valve handle stolen accounts? I'd hate to have my account stolen and all my games rendered useless.

Otherwise this is a great deal. I prefer Steam over actual copies myself unless It's a limited edition/big box like Dark Messiah was. That 99 cent Half Life was ownage.

#83 travanx

travanx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Was waiting for this to drop to around $20. Guess I am buying it. Too many good games to play all at once!

#84 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

Out of curiousity how does Valve handle stolen accounts? I'd hate to have my account stolen and all my games rendered useless.

http://support.steam...=2347-QDFN-4366
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Oh, Hell yes. In for one -- downloading now.

#86 McBain

McBain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

Does L4D have the same specs has TF2?

#87 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Does L4D have the same specs has TF2?

as in requirements to play? I think they're a little higher, I can do TF2 on higher settings while L4D on medium... there's a lot more going on in L4D in terms of zombies on screen. but if you can handle TF2 fine, then I don't think L4D should be too much trouble.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#88 Starbuccaneers

Starbuccaneers

Coffee House

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

It's Friday the 13th and they have this deal, what game deal will they have in March (another Friday the 13th)?

Indeed a good deal.

Spoiler

#89 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:25 AM

Damn. I kind of wish I didn't buy this at launch. Only kind of though.

#90 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

argh....if i wasnt buying sf4 this upcoming week, i would bite