Photo
- - - - -

[DEADER THAN DISCO] Left 4 Dead $24.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 Tankitytank

Tankitytank

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Sale extended till 2/17

#182 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Sale extended till 2/17

The excellent Defense Grid is $15 until March 2, as well.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#183 SpaceWiZaRD420

SpaceWiZaRD420

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

I bought it. 25 bucks is a very easy sale for me.

#184 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

Dang! I withheld buying all weekend and it's still here! grrr... I don't even have a trackball anymore and my Sixaxis doesn't work on my laptop (stupid 64-bit drivers, or lack thereof). But I may have to bite.

#185 jfuze

jfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Did you seriously not hear about the Thai Orange Box uproar?

Steam's terms of service/EULA specifically prohibits using product keys from regions other than the user's home region. Unless you live in the Czech Republic or Poland or wherever the hell it is this "G2Play" outfit is getting their CD-keys from (and make no mistake, they're just buying retail copies of the games in bulk and reselling the CD-keys; they don't have any special arrangements with Valve or anything), then you won't be able to register the keys to your account, and if by some freak occurrence they do register, rest assured, they WILL eventually be deactivated. And in the event this happens, Valve doesn't owe you a refund (seeing as you're the one who attempted to violate the service agreement, not to mention the fact that they themselves didn't directly sell you anything in the first place), and can't do anything to help get you your money back; it's entirely up to the seller you bought the key from to refund you, and you have snowball's chance in hell of getting a refund from one of those outfits.

I did know about that happening.

Lol, I bought a key for Orange Box from this G2play place and it worked just fine. It was only $10, so it was a cheap risk.

#186 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

lol sale extended, that's nice. what's defense grid?
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#187 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

A tower defense game with actual production values.

I did know about that happening.

Lol, I bought a key for Orange Box from this G2play place and it worked just fine. It was only $10, so it was a cheap risk.

Cheap risk, but an expensive rental. Because that is what it'll end up being.

Freak occurrence my ass. Plenty of people on NeoGAF have gotten them to work.

Valve deactivated thousands of region-abusing keys of The Orange Box. You can not activate keys from outside your region, and if you do, they will be deactivated. There is no question about it.

And either way it's only 15 dollars, better than wasting 25 on a game you may not like.

That's the most dumbass thing I've ever heard. It's better to spend $15 on something that has a 100% likelyhood of either not working at all, or being eventually deactivated, than it is to spend $25 on a legit copy? Seriously, that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Saving $10 isn't worth even a small risk of getting it deactivated later on, much less having deactivation be inevitable. Talk about waste.

And personally, I've been very disappointed in the amount of the servers that have been up. It's almost as bad as UT3 in terms of population to me. Not enough versus servers for my taste.

I have almost have no trouble getting a good game on TF2, not so with L4D.

What the hell are you talking about?:
Posted Image
Hi...

Posted Image

#188 kilm

kilm

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Defense grid is a tower defense game with many maps. It has 3D graphics and I would liken it to a combination of Desktop Tower Defense and Flash Element Defense 2. If you enjoy tower defense games, then it is worth checking out (and they do have a demo). They are having a sale at 25% off of Defense Grid on Steam to bring the price to 14.99.

I wonder what Steam will do next month on yet another Friday the 13th...

#189 jfuze

jfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

A tower defense game with actual production values.

Cheap risk, but an expensive rental. Because that is what it'll end up being.

Valve deactivated thousands of region-abusing keys of The Orange Box. You can not activate keys from outside your region, and if you do, they will be deactivated. There is no question about it.

That's the most dumbass thing I've ever heard. It's better to spend $15 on something that has a 100% likelyhood of either not working at all, or being eventually deactivated, than it is to spend $25 on a legit copy? Seriously, that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Saving $10 isn't worth even a small risk of getting it deactivated later on, much less having deactivation be inevitable. Talk about waste.

What the hell are you talking about?:
Posted Image

Lol, you are an angry person.

#190 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Lol, you are an angry person.

lol
Hi...

Posted Image

#191 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

Still waiting for Defense Grid to hit $10.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#192 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

Still waiting for Defense Grid to hit $10.

Well, it's pretty new, so it might be a few months still.
Hi...

Posted Image

#193 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

Just bought this game last night. I have only played the single player campaign but man, it is cool. Thanks for this thread, suckas. I love this place.

#194 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:50 AM

Just wanted to throw in my 2cents.

I already own L4D on 360, but decided to jump on this deal also. With mods the PC version can become something else entirely.

I just downloaded some new user made mods like the one for Resident Evil 3's streets, and its awesome. I am going to try out the prison map (not Resident Evil related) later tonight. Here is the website to get the maps if anyone is interested

http://l4dmapdb.wikidot.com/

I think it was worth a double dip for the mods alone, and if you don't own this game yet, $25 is a steal. DON'T SLEEP ON IT!

#195 bto

bto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

I think it was worth a double dip for the mods alone, and if you don't own this game yet, $25 is a steal. DON'T SLEEP ON IT!

That was my reasoning last friday, too. Gonna try the RE mods soon.

#196 StarDuster

StarDuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Anyone know why this ended early today?

I ad I seen this morning said that the L4D sale was extended until 6PM tonight and when I checked at lunch today it had already jumped back up to full price.

I got the game Saturday, but a friend was gonna pick it up today. Needless to say, he didn't since it was back at full price.

#197 xt3rmin8

xt3rmin8

Dont tread on me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Anyone know why this ended early today?

I ad I seen this morning said that the L4D sale was extended until 6PM tonight and when I checked at lunch today it had already jumped back up to full price.

I got the game Saturday, but a friend was gonna pick it up today. Needless to say, he didn't since it was back at full price.

same here my friend was going to pick this up now back to full price :bomb:

#198 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

Just wanted to throw in my 2cents.

I already own L4D on 360, but decided to jump on this deal also. With mods the PC version can become something else entirely.

I just downloaded some new user made mods like the one for Resident Evil 3's streets, and its awesome. I am going to try out the prison map (not Resident Evil related) later tonight. Here is the website to get the maps if anyone is interested

http://l4dmapdb.wikidot.com/

Hohoho nice sig! Is that Jessica Alba? What movie is that from?

Oh and those whom told their friends/coworkers about the deal and they missed it or didn't know, I recommend you just fork over your own cash in a nice gesture of friendship and gift your friend. Think of all the fun you'll have playing together! ;)
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#199 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:12 AM

Oh and those whom told their friends/coworkers about the deal and they missed it or didn't know, I recommend you just fork over your own cash in a nice gesture of friendship and gift your friend. Think of all the fun you'll have playing together! ;)

I agree considering you can't get a decent game with random people, get it with friends.

#200 StarDuster

StarDuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hohoho nice sig! Is that Jessica Alba? What movie is that from?

You almost got me there. Almost.

To bad there are to many games I still need to buy, else that idea might have a chance. Besides, I already have 2 people I know who play. And the computer does a pretty good job...of standing outside of our room and being bait... ;)

#201 dcon agent 000

dcon agent 000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

http://g2play.pl/p/e... steam key.html

The site has legit keys for 15 USD. Check 'em out. They work fine despite what some people say about them being potentially bad.

"This Steam Key enables you to activate and download the full PC version of Left 4 Dead through yor Steam account.

There are no territory limitations for the activation of this key."

#202 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

I guarantee you they will be de-activated, it's happened before. Are you a gambling man? And of course the STORE is going to say it's risk-free.

#203 mediamixerj

mediamixerj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:25 AM

Is steam currently down? Also the newest deal is biggest indies pack for ten dollars.

#204 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

http://g2play.pl/p/e... steam key.html

The site has legit keys for 15 USD. Check 'em out. They work fine despite what some people say about them being potentially bad.

Please read the last couple of pages. That shit is a ripoff.

"This Steam Key enables you to activate and download the full PC version of Left 4 Dead through yor Steam account.

For a couple days before getting deactivated, at best, after which the store surely won't refund you.

There are no territory limitations for the activation of this key."

BULLSHIT. Steam keys are region locked. I know this first-hand. I picked up a retail copy of L4D from India and tried to reg it (just to prove a point), and it DID NOT ACTIVATE.

Stop posting these foreign Steam key ripoff scams.
Hi...

Posted Image

#205 Ringmuscle

Ringmuscle

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

I already had Left 4 Dead, but my buddy bought his from noobkeys.com for $29 I think.
We play together allot now, so I take it that is a valid source of cheap L4D keys?

Lol. O yea, he has a rapidshare account now that he claims they gave him. But I'm too lazy to check, nor do I care.

#206 cham77

cham77

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

G2play is a scam. I registered here just to warn you about this. You will read about alot of happy customers because at first they sent out keys that worked to get good word of mouth. Now their checkout process no longer works. They want you to just paypal the money to their email account. Then you will get no key. When you email them they will say you didn't pay. You email them back and they never reply.

Warning, stay away!

#207 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

G2play is a scam. I registered here just to warn you about this. You will read about alot of happy customers because at first they sent out keys that worked to get good word of mouth. Now their checkout process no longer works. They want you to just paypal the money to their email account. Then you will get no key. When you email them they will say you didn't pay. You email them back and they never reply.

Warning, stay away!

I just ordered my key last weekend (a week after your warning), and they told me I didn't pay/couldn't find my paypal information. I emailed them back and sent them my paypal number and they sent me a key within hours. It is true that steam deactivated a lot of the Orange Box keys sold through this site, but I went back and checked through more information and Steam reactivated many of those keys and corrected the problem. Is it somewhat of a gamble, yes. But the site has worked for me and I've been playing L4D all week with my friends, so I wouldn't call the site a scam, as they do send you a key.