Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Collector's Guide now $19.79, was $17.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#211 Z e r o

Z e r o

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Got mine in the mail today. I'm actually pretty happy with it for $17.99. A full-sized calendar would've been nice, but meh, at least it's not a mini calendar.

#212 Popnmusic

Popnmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, like the Unofficial Final Fantasy VII Guide by Versus Books. That's one of the best game guides ever... I used mine so much that it's wrinkled and the cover fell. I'm soo glad I bought that guide at Ralphs (they were actually called Hughs at the time) in the magazine section of the market.

Same thing happened to mine. I'm still on the fence about getting the re5 guide.

#213 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:03 AM

Most of us are buying this for the off chance it becomes valuable. I don't think many people nowadays buy guides for actual walkthroughs.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Have fun waiting 10+ years for the guide to raise in value. I would compare this guide to the MGS4 LE guide which was also a hardcover guide also made by PiggyBack games. The MGS4 LE guide is not worth much even after almost a year of being released and sold out. I guess I'm one of the few that actually bought this guide as a walkthrough. RE5 is one of those games that I will be playing multiple times. The guide is perfect for someone like me.

#214 Larc

Larc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

Same thing happened to mine. I'm still on the fence about getting the re5 guide.

Get it if you're going to use it. I beat the game but the book is nice. I'll be playing it again and get all the items.

I love the smell of a brand new book. :) I'm going to be really careful reading through this book.

#215 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

I couldn't disagree with you more. Have fun waiting 10+ years for the guide to raise in value. I would compare this guide to the MGS4 LE guide which was also a hardcover guide also made by PiggyBack games. The MGS4 LE guide is not worth much even after almost a year of being released and sold out. I guess I'm one of the few that actually bought this guide as a walkthrough. RE5 is one of those games that I will be playing multiple times. The guide is perfect for someone like me.

Like I said, not most do that anymore. I guess I can visualize most layouts from reading most FAQs. I do concede that a good majority of them are poorly written.

#216 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

There are some exceptional FAQ writers out there that are fantastic resources, oftentimes much better than the actual official guide. When I buy guides, it's generally not for the data contained within. Sometimes having a visual representation is a little nicer... but mostly I buy them for the art, pictures, details, and collectibility.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#217 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

I'm using my guide for the emblems and occasional glance to make sure I find all treasures. I find it much more useful than having my laptop next to me or having to run to the next room to look at my desktop. Also, I find the guide much more readable and understandable than most online FAQs/Guides/Videos and I appreciate the high production value of this guide and the pictures. I also have the MGS4 LE guide and I think Piggyback is the new gold standard for gaming guides and don't at all mind supporting them.
Spoiler

#218 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'm using my guide for the emblems and occasional glance to make sure I find all treasures. I find it much more useful than having my laptop next to me or having to run to the next room to look at my desktop. Also, I find the guide much more readable and understandable than most online FAQs/Guides/Videos and I appreciate the high production value of this guide and the pictures. I also have the MGS4 LE guide and I think Piggyback is the new gold standard for gaming guides and don't at all mind supporting them.

I agree. I'm very much enjoying Piggyback guides right now. Piggyback and Doublejump are the prettier, more useful guides in my collection right now.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#219 EmilyBabe

EmilyBabe

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

yep, i'm still waiting for the RE5 guide as well.
My Gamer Tag:

Posted Image

Nothing is impossible..