cngamemart

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

I wanna know who has interest of nintendo ds flashcart,:D

#632 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Seems way too big. I was waiting on a DSi until this came out, but now, I'll just get the regular DSi.

Also,
Posted Image

#633 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

The DSi right now in Japan is 18000Y, so theoretically this would sell for 190 in the US?

#634 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:14 AM

I like the size of it. The screen comparison that Gothic Walrus posted is interesting, but lacking a comparison of how text comes off on the various sizes, it's of limited use.

Color me intrigued. I'm not in any hurry to give up my DSlite, but I am intrigued.
Posted Image

#635 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Damn, I hope they make a black one soon....I was thinking about getting a DSi, but might just wait for that.

Posted Image

#636 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

So...this means the DSL is getting phased out, right?

DSi to $130, DSiXL to $170?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#637 dmunkee

dmunkee

Shovel Crew Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

The only reason I'd upgrade from my blue DSi is to go for the dark brown DSi LL. What other handheld comes in brown?

#638 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Not sure if this has been posted or not, please let me know if it already has:

This morning, Nintendo has updated their Japanese site with a picture and new information of their new Nintendo DSi LL.

The new handheld is set to launch in Japan on November 21 for 20,00 Yen (equivalent to $220). Wow, talk about right around the corner. The new DSi LL boasts a larger screen (4.2 inches) and better battery life (13-17 hours).

The new DSi LL will also come equipped with with a full size pen and will be available in Natural White, Dark brown, and Wine Red. Sassy!.

[via LevelUpNews.com]

Japan gets it first, of course. No word on release dates outside of Japan.

Looks like they are targeting more mature/older audience with this one. Bigger screen, subtle colors...

#639 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

The full-size pen, if it actually stows in the DSi, would make this pretty decent. Also it might feel better in hand then the current DSi, for larger hands anyway such as mine. Big sticking point: transferring DSiWare and points to a new DSi - is it possible? I've got a bunch of DSiWare titles and something like 5000 points and I wouldn't want to lose that. Might all be moot if this isn't coming to the US anyway.
Posted Image

#640 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

Why do people keep assuming the pen stylus is going to fit in there? Don't they realize the original stylus is there for a reason?

#641 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

I'm not sure why they are releasing this new version of the DSi. The DS continues to be the strongest selling platform month-to-month in the U.S.. And I imagine the situation is similar in other regions. Nintendo recently released the overall sales for the DS platform over its lifetime, and they were ridiculous. All former video game platforms pale in comparison to the DS's sales. In only five years, the DS platform has managed to break the 100 million mark.

So why a larger, more expensive DSi? Is it even necessary? Is there a real market for a less portable system? Sure, larger screens are nice, but are they worth it if they make the system more cumbersome to carry and use? How will this affect the battery life?

#642 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'm not sure I see the point of this... Not exactly portable... well, it's still portable but it certainly doesn't fit easily into a pocket.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#643 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Don't forget the pixels are going to be huge here.

#644 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

Not sure if this has been posted or not, please let me know if it already has

It was posted in the big DSi thread.

#645 hungryheepo

hungryheepo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

*rolls eyes* lameee. I just bought a white DS Lite and its all I will ever need. Especially for those GBA games. Like we really need another portable system on the market for more $$$ that already does the same thing as the one we already have? Just a bigger screen? I guess its good for you Nintendo fan boys.

#646 SiK99

SiK99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

Well as a DS gamer that mostly plays at home and the occasional vacation (which the DS goes in a backpack anyways), I could care less if it doesn't fit into a pocket as well. I've never once carried my DS in my pocket anyways. Maybe that is why people had all them hinge problems? ;)

I might have some issues though. First and foremost is the transfer of DSi-ware. Does anyone really believe that this will happen? I don't, unless Nintendo starts giving us a DSi-ware account instead of tethering the games to a system.

Second, as some have stated elsewhere won't the larger screens hurt the graphics of the current DS game library?

Third, well I guess I'm not ready to buy another version yet. Although, I do hope it sells well enough so they keep larger screens when they get around to "upgrading" to the next hand-held.

#647 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

http://kotaku.com/53...st-quarter-2010

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#648 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

http://kotaku.com/53...st-quarter-2010

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#649 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

First the PSP Go and now this. :roll:

It's as if these companies are blatantly ignoring what people actually want these days.

I find it pretty funny that a system that has no specific games (DSi only non-DSiware rehash crap) is getting a hardware update before any software was ever released.

#650 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

It's as if these companies are blatantly ignoring what people actually want these days.

Because the only market out there is the same one forever, instead of attempting to tap new demographics.

I find it pretty funny that a system that has no specific games (DSi only non-DSiware rehash crap) is getting a hardware update before any software was ever released.

It's not an upgrade, it's not specifically for gamers, etc etc.

Do people not read anymore? Is it cool to not read and not use cognitive skills these days? I blame the kids with their rap music and the hippin' and the hoppin'.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#651 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Despite the nay saying here, I want one. I almost went in for the DSI on sale at Dell, but heard the rumor about this and decided to wait. Glad I did.

#652 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

Because the only market out there is the same one forever, instead of attempting to tap new demographics.

It's not an upgrade, it's not specifically for gamers, etc etc.

Do people not read anymore? Is it cool to not read and not use cognitive skills these days? I blame the kids with their rap music and the hippin' and the hoppin'.

Strell...although I have not done much posting in quite awhile I'm far from a noob here. I did read all about it. Just because a press release says one thing doesn't make it true. I don't see the DSi as an upgrade or this product either.
My DS Lite still works just fine.

I'm far from a Nintendo hater and I used to swear the Gamecube's merits up and down on this very board but it doesn't make the DSi or the DSi LL any less of a complete shitfest for me. Where are the new games that take advantage of the more powerful hardware? DSiware is a joke.

I'm hoping that the Tegra rumor is also true because at this rate it's going to be awhile until I buy another handheld. I don't hate Nintendo but releasing a higher end more expensive DSi marketed to who we say it's marketed to is a bad idea. Even it sells like gangbusters I still don't see the point.

#653 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

I known the XL is going to be heavier but I was hoping it would be around the same weight as the original DS. Not sure if I want something that weights more than the original psp

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#654 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Even it sells like gangbusters I still don't see the point.

And that's because it's not for you.

As far as DSi specific software goes, I'm even with you on that. System is supposedly 4x the power. However it's been out a year, and I'm guessing that devs already had projects in the pipeline past the point of graphical overhaul. There's some DSi specific stuff starting to show up early next year in Japan if rumors are to be believed, and supposedly follow in other territories after that.

As gorgeous as some of the games are (comparatively speaking within the DS lineup, not against the obviously higher fidelity PSP stock), like Dragon Quest 9 and Okamiden, I too want to see what the system can do at max. But I'm patient enough to wait. Games are selling just fine without the added costs of power and so forth, so why blame Nintendo for that?

Besides, the puzzle games from Skip on DSiware are quite good. Not system selling worthy, but definitely better than a lot of retail releases.

Anyway, it's fine and all in not caring for the DSi/LL and such. I'm just pointing out that it's silly to start decrying something that isn't designed with you in mind.

No harm no foul no shirt no shoes no problem say no more.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#655 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'll update the OP later tonight, thanks to everyone posting links...

Dear Nintendo... Make a License transfer tool and I'll consider this... Gives me a great excuse to gift hardware as Christmas or Birthday gifts.

#656 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Is there something significant outside of the bigger screen that makes this worthy of an upgrade? And wouldn't most games, especially 3D ones, look a lot more jagged with such a large screen? 2D games should look fantastic though...

The DS is roughly 5 years old... I would think that there would be a DS2 being revealed by now since it seems like 5 years has been the standard cycle for systems.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#657 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

The DSi is DS2. The DSi got more memory (4 times the DS), faster processor, and better sound quality. The DSi is powerful enough to handle the next generation of portable games

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#658 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

As far as DSi specific software goes, I'm even with you on that. System is supposedly 4x the power. However it's been out a year, and I'm guessing that devs already had projects in the pipeline past the point of graphical overhaul.

As gorgeous as some of the games are (comparatively speaking within the DS lineup, not against the obviously higher fidelity PSP stock), like Dragon Quest 9 and Okamiden, I too want to see what the system can do at max. But I'm patient enough to wait. Games are selling just fine without the added costs of power and so forth, so why blame Nintendo for that?

I don't blame Nintendo for games selling without the update in graphics but I'd rather see the DSi being held back until developers were on board and ready to launch software to go along with it. Maybe I am a bit impatient but the DSi feels more like a way to sell the same system to the same people again because of the lack of "new" software.

Anyway, it's fine and all in not caring for the DSi/LL and such. I'm just pointing out that it's silly to start decrying something that isn't designed with you in mind.

I see where you are coming from but at the end of the day I'm still a potential customer. If and when DSi specific games are released I'll have to make the decision on which system to purchase. It feels with this system launch that the market is segmenting into itself. It's kind of odd.

#659 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Is there something significant outside of the bigger screen that makes this worthy of an upgrade? And wouldn't most games, especially 3D ones, look a lot more jagged with such a large screen? 2D games should look fantastic though...

To answer your questions: not that I know of, and possibly, although it's hard to tell without having actually seen the new system. The screen should be the same resolution (unless Nintendo wants the possibility of three different systems that aren't cross-compatible), but given that developers were designing for a fixed resolution and screen size for years, I don't really know what's going to happen. Something that looks fine on the DS Lite might not look quite as pretty on the significantly larger DSi LL screen.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#660 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

To answer your questions: not that I know of, and possibly, although it's hard to tell without having actually seen the new system. The screen should be the same resolution (unless Nintendo wants the possibility of three different systems that aren't cross-compatible), but given that developers were designing for a fixed resolution and screen size for years, I don't really know what's going to happen. Something that looks fine on the DS Lite might not look quite as pretty on the significantly larger DSi LL screen.

Its the latter, DSi LL has the same resolution and thus aspect ratio.