Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Out Now. "3DS" Showing at E3

• Please log in to reply
896 replies to this topic

#871 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if maximumzero walks around asking people if they took his stapler.

Occasionally I consider buying a red stapler for the hell of it.

oIi9lub.png

#872 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Well we have around 3 or so weeks until E3. Anyone know the date for Nintendo's conference? I might need to record it, since I might be at school that day.

#873 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Where did you got that wallpaper on the DS?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#874 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

anyone think we will see price cuts on the DSI XL at E3... thinking about buying one but if there is a price cut coming i could wait
WOOOO I STINK

#875 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Dear Nintendo, my E3 wish is for a license transfer tool. I would buy at least one DSi XL if I could port data and games.

#876 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

What case is that?

#877 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

I just grabbed one from Amazon. I wanted bigger screens (don't care about it being DSi or not - who the hell uses the camera on it?). The 3D DS sounds like a big yawn...but if it's cool and has good games, I'll grab one and keep the XL for 'normal' DS games.

#878 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

What case is that?

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=77074

Best case for DSi XL, hands down. I've seen them pretty much everywhere now (but not WalMart, weirdly).

I just grabbed one from Amazon. I wanted bigger screens (don't care about it being DSi or not - who the hell uses the camera on it?). The 3D DS sounds like a big yawn...but if it's cool and has good games, I'll grab one and keep the XL for 'normal' DS games.

This. It's why I bought one. I'll likely buy the 3DS, but the bigger screens of the XL are worth it to me on this for games I already have. Such is the benefit of too much disposable income. It's why I still have my Lite, for the GBA slot. I was on the fence with the XL, but I don't regret it all.

#879 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Dear Nintendo, my E3 wish is for a license transfer tool. I would buy at least one DSi XL if I could port data and games.

Second. I doubt it'll ever happen though. I have some friends that would buy a black Wii too if they'd just get this done.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#880 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Second. I doubt it'll ever happen though. I have some friends that would buy a black Wii too if they'd just get this done.

I cannot imagine Nintendo as a company is so dense as to continue to convince themselves that the average customer is willing to accept that software downloads are tied to hardware instead of a user. All three major competitors (Sony, MSFT, and Apple) allow it and I expect Nintendo will, eventually.

Since Nintendo can seemingly to a license transfer with both serial numbers I expect the hold up is putting together a tool that is user accessible from a Wii, DSi or the internet.

None of this is helped by the seeming fact that Nintendo randomly decided to bolt save files down to single systems.

#881 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

Where did you got that wallpaper on the DS?

I just took a picture of one of my framed Mario posters.

oIi9lub.png

#882 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

(who the hell uses the camera on it?)

When I showed the XL to my girlfriend for the first time this weekend we had alot of fun playing with the different lenses...and Photo Dojo. Holy shit Photo Dojo is hilarious.

oIi9lub.png

#883 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=77074

Best case for DSi XL, hands down. I've seen them pretty much everywhere now (but not WalMart, weirdly).

Thanks. Same price at EB Canada, which is nice.

#884 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

I cannot imagine Nintendo as a company is so dense as to continue to convince themselves that the average customer is willing to accept that software downloads are tied to hardware instead of a user. All three major competitors (Sony, MSFT, and Apple) allow it and I expect Nintendo will, eventually.

I'm still waiting to play my VC games on my DS. Seriously, its obvious the DS can emulate NES/SNES etc, so make it happen already Nintendo! It's why I have not bought a VC game in years from them.

#885 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

Price Drop

New Colors for LL

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#886 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

The new colors aren't too bad. I dig the more mature look of the Bronze personally.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#887 SirMikael

SirMikael

Touch Not This CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

I'd like to know when the US can expect the new colors and more importantly - the price drop.

#888 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

You cant necessarily expect that price drop in Japan to translate to a price drop in the US:
1) The US price and the Japanese price arent all that different
2) This is the first price drop the Japanese have ever had. The price has been going UP all these years with each new model.

#889 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'd like to know when the US can expect the new colors and more importantly - the price drop.

Logical answer: Never.

I can't imagine Nintendo wants the XL to turn out just like the micro did. It will sit at it's current price point until the very end of it's life and then clearance out. I wonder how long it will be until the DSi's get clearanced out across the way. I want a red one dearly.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#890 dallow

dallow

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Price just dropped in the UK too.

#891 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Not going to bite. I bet the Nintendo 3DS will be out sooner or later. MSRP will probably be around $200.

#892 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Still no sale until there is a license transfer tool.

#893 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi guys. I have had a black DS Lite since about the time Lite's launched. Honestly, I don't really like playing on handhelds. However, I REALLY like the 2d games that you can pretty much only find on handhelds. In the days of the GBA I played all the games on the TV using an actual controller along with the Gamecube Gameboy player attachment. (or whatever it is called.) Obviously, the DS's two screens make such a solution impractical which is why I broke down and bought the Lite.

I'm now considering getting a DSi XL because a) I don't care at all about portability and b) the larger screens and larger touch screen make this seem like a much more usable device.

For those of you up thread who were looking forward to the larger touchscreen making playing games like phantom hourglass more comfortable how did that go? Did it make a difference?

Also, how do the D-Pad and the button layout compare to the Lite? Is the D-pad any larger (closer to maybe the old NES controllers) or is it still tiny? How are the buttons? Are the they a little better spaced and not so crowded together as on the Lite?

Thanks.

#894 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

i hope something is told about a price drop.. i broke one of my hinges on my ds and love to replace it but will wait another week for a price drop to see if its told

Heard rumors IF there is a price drop

DSI XL 20 buck price drop down to 169.99
DSI drop to 149.99 (maybe 129.99)

DS lite down to 99 to clear them out
WOOOO I STINK

#895 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

I am so excited about tomorrow.

I'm excited because I love new tech.

But then again I hate spending money, and I've got so many DS games as it is to finish that this'll be adding a whole 'nother generation of backlog for me.

oIi9lub.png

#896 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

I still have a number of DS games I need to get before they magically disappear off the market, so definitely gotta do that. :P

I want a 3DS though, I never miss a Nintendo launch and this time, my girlfriend will be dragged along for the ride (if I have to go to midnight premiers of Twilight, she sure as hell coming to a Nintendo nerdfest lol!) :D
Posted Image

#897 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

I want a 3DS though, I never miss a Nintendo launch and this time, my girlfriend will be dragged along for the ride (if I have to go to midnight premiers of Twilight, she sure as hell coming to a Nintendo nerdfest lol!) :D

Seconded! Took the words out of my mouth. I'm excited about the 3DS, Nintendo gets it right with the handhelds.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening