Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) 39.97 @ Amazon

Urgh, now I'm so tempted. On one hand, the game looks interesting. On the other hand, it's Sonic, so there's a good chance this game is going to end up disappointing. Hopefully they keep this price until reviews start to come in and then I can make my choice.

Shadow - Gun
Sonic - Sword

Hmm what's next. Tail - Ratchet & Clank, Knuckle - Casting magic? Rouge - MGS/Splinter Cell?

I feel bad for Sonic. I keep picturing the Sonic character from the Simpsons video game who is overworked, aged, and complains while running on a hampster wheel in a "virtual" prison!

With the numerous crappy Sonic games they've dumped on us lately it's no wonder I envision Sonic enslaved.

I should note that I love 'em anyway, especially now while I'm playing Sonic's Sega Collection!

Considering the price you can find other sonic games after a while, I wouldn't be suprised to see this drop to $20 after a month and a half.

Great post, finally a cheeper price on this game. Thanks for the tip!
transparent_pixel.gif

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Considering the price you can find other sonic games after a while, I wouldn't be suprised to see this drop to $20 after a month and a half.[/quote]

I would love to find Sonic Unleashed for the Wii for $20

[quote name='amheck']I would love to find Sonic Unleashed for the Wii for $20[/QUOTE]

Sonic & The Secret Rings is that price now. I believe that is the point they were making - wait long enough, and the price will drop to $20. Of course you do have to wait.

[quote name='appleyum'] Rouge - MGS/Splinter Cell?[/quote]

That actually sounds kind of interesting.

I tried the demo at ComicCon. It was pretty fun, not absolutely terrible, but not a Day 1 purchase...then again, I rarely buy anything Day 1 and almost always regret it when the price drops before I've had a chance to play it.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I feel bad for Sonic. I keep picturing the Sonic character from the Simpsons video game who is overworked, aged, and complains while running on a hampster wheel in a "virtual" prison!

With the numerous crappy Sonic games they've dumped on us lately it's no wonder I envision Sonic enslaved.

I should note that I love 'em anyway, especially now while I'm playing Sonic's Sega Collection![/quote]

HAHA, That's the funniest thing, I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the deal info and for allowing me to picture Sonic like that.

Maybe this, and Boom Blox 2, are a sign of a general drop of MSRP to $39.9x for Wii games. I certainly hope so. $50 is too much for a video game.

[quote name='crunchewy'] $50 is too much for a CASUAL video game.[/quote]

There I think I fixed your quote.

I would have no problems paying $50 for GTA, SFIV, Fallout 3, etc. I do have an issue paying that for casual games that are dumbed down for everyone.

I hope that Madworld will give me something non-mario to play on the Wii

Remember when you saw "Sonic Team" on a game and thought "hua! I bet this is cool!" That's been quite a few years ago...

Im just not connecting with this one from reading the product description, seems way too early since Sonic Unleashed and im definently gonna wait for reviews to trickle in and possibly a rental before buying

[quote name='Wolfgame']Im just not connecting with this one from reading the product description, seems way too early since Sonic Unleashed and im definently gonna wait for reviews to trickle in and possibly a rental before buying[/quote]

Then again, if it's coming off so soon after, it could mean that Sonic Team had less of a hand in it, which makes it MUCH more tempting.

[quote name='amheck']won't ANY game get to $20 if you wait long enough?[/QUOTE]

Usually unless It's rare or insanely high in demand or made by Nintendo (who don't like to drop prices on their first party titles, not that I blame them) all Wii games should drop to $20 or lower if you wait long enough. Sonic and Secret Rings I've found $15 multiple times a year after it was released.

Ordered one, I was gonna buy it anyway. The only bad thing is I won't get in on launch day but it's worth it for the $10 off I think.

bread's done
Back