Photo
- - - - -

GameFly + Street Fighter IV = Potential CAG Bonanza!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

I used Gamefly around the time it first launched and it was a blast. New releases were coming all the time. I actually canceled because I didn't have the time to play all the games they were sending me...

Around the end of 2007 I signed back up. That's when I realized things were a little different. New releases would be on my queue for weeks. That's when I discovered the trick of sending games in and timing them with new releases. It became too much of a hassle and I canceled after a few months...

I signed back up AGAIN in 2008 (with a different e mail address so I could get a free trial :applause:) because of the money Gamefly actually saved me. It's still the same situation, which sucks, but the amount of money it saves me is worth it IMO. I totally understand if people don't want to put up with it though.
MMMMMMM

#62 leesiulung

leesiulung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:54 AM

not to be a jerk but if i pay 15.99 a month for one game out and buy it now for 47.99 - 10% = 43.19 then i get a game for 59.18 but then i get to rent games all month that might be 3-4 games. sounds good for people that like to rent games but its not for me sorry im out

ditto. Personally, I don't like to rent games because I feel pressured to finish the game sooner. I prefer not to and just rather buy the game on the cheap. Besides GF takes a whole week for turnaround, from the day I send it until I get a game in return.

In contrast, Netflix get's me a movie in 3-days.

#63 neonmaniac

neonmaniac

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

In my experiance, it is not clearing your entire que that will get you the game but making sure you have no Available Now in your que. I could have 10 out of 10 High availability (supposedly 75% chance of getting it) in my top 10 but if I have one Available Now down at number 39 in my que I am assured of getting #39. After reading this thread yesterday I went and put SF IV up at top of que and made sure I have no Avialable Now's (Got 36 things in que and for PS3 not that hard to not have any available now's). This morning I woke up to an e-mail saying they were shipping SF IV :D. As soon as it gets here I will be hitting that ol Keep It Button. Works like a charm!

#64 SuppaMan

SuppaMan

Would you kindly..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

not to be a dick but how is this thread news?

this sort of thing has existed for quite awhile now, myself (when I had gamefly) and countless others have done the same things for years now

#65 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

I used Gamefly around the time it first launched and it was a blast. New releases were coming all the time. I actually canceled because I didn't have the time to play all the games they were sending me...

Wouldnt this mean that you were sending them back games before you played them? I dont think they were sending you games without your permission or something.