Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $39.99 at Newegg.com

KillerTigger

CAG Veteran
Newegg has the Halo Legendary Edition for only $39.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103056

This has dropped about $6 since last week. I ordered one last Friday for $45.99 each, two more today at the new price.

At this price, they should go pretty fast.:hot:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Apparently some who have ordered this have reported not receiving the game disk and/or extras DVD in the package. I didn't have this problem in the three I ordered, and most who mention having gotten theirs from NewEgg do not seem to have a problem. However, a few have apparently been shipped without the disks _ which may or may not be replaced by Microsoft , but almost certainly will NOT be replaced by NewEgg _ so please think it over very carefully before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josef']What kind of shipping cost are we looking at here?[/QUOTE]

I was quoted $2.99 for UPS 3 day, but I didn't place the order. Still thinking about it.

MjC

:)Good question. I remember being at the midnight launch and being told that it was 'extremely limited.'
Within a week the local Best Buy had built a 10-ft pyramid of the unsold copies they still had in stock..
Also, can't remember off the top of my head, but I could swear helmet stand of the copy I ordered last week had a 10,000+ serial number.
Anyone else have any idea, other than 'way more than anyone wanted.
Perhaps this is this generation's ET - they produced at least one copy for every Atari 2600 in existence...

Yeah I just totally bought a 360 though dell and Halo 3 though this deal. All for under $300 I feel pretty good about it. Now I just need to find a good deal on XBL 12+1 Months then I should be able to play online with my friends again and watch all the Netflix On-Demand I can handle.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Is this the cheapest price for this?[/quote]

Pretty much.

Gamestop at one had the Legendary Edition marked down to $30 new, but they all lacked the Cat Helmet, as ordered by GS.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Lol at those who paid MSRP or MSRP + Auction Prices....[/quote]

I'm sad, I bought on one launch day :(

Tho I bought a few cheaper and sold it on ebay to make some money back during black friday that year. still :(

What I don't get is why there's so much stock of the Legendary Edition, when most "Edition's" stay at the same price or lose a little value. Not like this where the price dropped significantly.(spl?)

[quote name='MCalvert1']I was quoted $2.99 for UPS 3 day, but I didn't place the order. Still thinking about it.

MjC[/quote]

Same here. If it's still the same price come Saturday then I'll bite. I just bought that darn hard drive and SFIV this week so I should be smart about this

(hopes that it's still there saturday)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']What I don't get is why there's so much stock of the Legendary Edition, when most "Edition's" stay at the same price or lose a little value. Not like this where the price dropped significantly.(spl?)[/quote]
I have a feeling they severely overestimated demand. Kinda like what Atari did with E.T.

Difference being people actually wanted Halo 3.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Is this the cheapest price for this?[/QUOTE]

How could it be any cheaper?

If I had a 360, first I would shoot myself. Then I would jump on this deal, even though I dislike Halo. The thing is, other people love Halo and it's always good to have choices when you have other people over playing (same reason I bought SSBB for $20, even though I don't like SSB).

Great deal, as far as Halo goes. Good job, OP.

EDIT:
[quote name='FurryCurry']Same here. If it's still the same price come Saturday then I'll bite. I just bought that darn hard drive and SFIV this week so I should be smart about this

(hopes that it's still there saturday)[/QUOTE]If you can afford it/have the money now, I would get it sooner than later. This might not stick around, as regular editions still sell for more than this sometimes.

Yeah keep in mind just buying the game at Gamestop and Bestbuy is $40 now this is a pretty good deal with all the extras. I'm moving into a new place that has a wonderful shelf on the wall and I want to put my gaming trinkets on it. The Halo 3 helmet will go fantastically on that shelf and I just bought a 360 so this deal coudln't have come at a better time.

I think I'm gonna bite
I sold my copy of Halo 3 a few weeks ago and sort of regret doing so
I still have the helmet from my launch legendary edition, gonna give it to my friend who collects toy helmets

$43 shipped isn't bad at all on a new Halo 3 Legendary :)

I bit. I already have the standard and LE, why not get the legendary? Especially at that price.

Yes, I do have 3 Xbox 360's we can play them all. I'm a family man. We game together.

This is why I have sworn myself off of buying "limited" editions of games. They are never actually limited at all.

I wonder how many they made. Really makes you really wonder. Maybe they made a million and only sold half. So the rest are just sitting out somewhere. I wish I knew. They should have been numbered :p If it's not numbered and has a set amount, it's not limited :p

I ordered a copy of this on Tuesday afternoon and the status of the order hasn't changed since I place the order. It's still listed as "Submitted". This is the first time that I've ever ordered anything off of Newegg, is this sort of thing normal? It says that it might take 1 or 2 business days for the order status to change, but I just passed the 48-hour mark since placing the order a few hours ago.

I just don't want to have them all sell out before they complete my order and leave me without a copy.

[quote name='chunga']Can anyone who bought this vouch for that?[/quote]

They didn't charge that for me. And there was another thread like this recently. Many people there bought it and weren't charged that $10 fee.

[quote name='The End']I ordered a copy of this on Tuesday afternoon and the status of the order hasn't changed since I place the order. It's still listed as "Submitted". This is the first time that I've ever ordered anything off of Newegg, is this sort of thing normal? It says that it might take 1 or 2 business days for the order status to change, but I just passed the 48-hour mark since placing the order a few hours ago.

I just don't want to have them all sell out before they complete my order and leave me without a copy.[/QUOTE]

The last time this happened to me was when I had a ship-to address that was different than the bill to. Otherwise, most of my items ship from them within a day... Call them up and see, their cs is top notch.

[quote name='biuevenom']The last time this happened to me was when I had a ship-to address that was different than the bill to. Otherwise, most of my items ship from them within a day... Call them up and see, their cs is top notch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. It's now past call hours, so I just sent them an E-mail.

I just ordered a 360 from Dell a few days ago and it's scheduled to arrive on Monday the 23rd. I was hoping to have my copy of Halo 3 by then. I really don't wanna christen the new system with Kung-Fu Panda or Lego Indiana Jones.

OK, do they charge the extra $10 or not. When I go to the shopping cart it does not seem to include this charge but the item description specifically states an extra $10 shipping for it. I would consider it at $43 total but not $53

My order hasn't officially gone through yet, but they didn't charge me for it.

That was probably the policy when it first became available on Newegg, but at this point they don't seem to be charging the extra $10. I guess they just haven't gotten around to correcting the item description.

hot damn... it's $20 cheaper than what i got from Amazon two Christmas ago. If i regretted my $60 purchase, just imagine how those folks who bought it for $100+ feel. I love to get another copy just for the hell of it, but money is tight.

bread's done
Back