Amazon: Preorder: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel now only 49.97 (17% off)

Nice. I loved the first Sacred on PC, although my PC doesn't run the second one very well. I'm interested in the 360 version, but I'm going to wait for some reviews or a demo first

[quote name='ZForce']Nice. I loved the first Sacred on PC, although my PC doesn't run the second one very well. I'm interested in the 360 version, but I'm going to wait for some reviews or a demo first[/quote]

Yeah I'll wait until 39.99 or less, mainly cause the state on things signals games will fall fast.. and the promotion of this title is nonexistent

I have this on PC--it's a great Diablo clone in a MASSIVE world; but it also requires a pretty hefty rig, which makes me nervous about a PS3 port b/c the PS3's architecture is so different from a PC.

Also, I wonder how they'll pull off the control scheme without butchering it.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']As long as this does, in fact, have local co-op, I'm definitely going to want to pick this up.[/quote]

yes it does 2 local, 4 online

How could anyone want to pre-order this when there hasn't been much (if any) kind of coverage on this game?? Personally,I'm interested in it from what I've read,but I've got a wait and see attitude for this one...

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']How could anyone want to pre-order this when there hasn't been much (if any) kind of coverage on this game?? Personally,I'm interested in it from what I've read,but I've got a wait and see attitude for this one...[/quote]

the publisher has been known for poor promotion plus there is a belief the are waiting till March to not hinder PC sales.. idk if I buy that but I believe the game should be a fun one

part of it may be some of us are STARVED for such a game -
Baldurs Gate 1&2, Champions of Norrath 1&2, to a lesser extent D&D Heroes
All last generation, waiting for a real update to play with the wife for a LONG time

Plus there is a fair bit of information with previews and it IS out for the PC.
Amazon has a price guarantee there too, I might have to pull the trigger.
[Fable 2 just wasnt the multi-player experience I was hoping for, Marvel a bit meh]

[quote name='CKaz']part of it may be some of us are STARVED for such a game -
All last generation, waiting for a real update to play with the wife for a LONG time

[Fable 2 just wasnt the multi-player experience I was hoping for, Marvel a bit meh][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. My GF and I loved the champions games and it's really the only games besides SNES/NES games she has played with me for this long and I'm hoping sacred 2 will do the job. Is there character customization? that's what my GF loves, to dress up her lady avatar =) I've only read a short preview and figured if it's like Champions I'm in.

Thanks!,

My Gift card takes another $25.00 off this. i was going to get a copy for the PC at CC for $25.00 but I would rather have it on the console.

Yep couldn't resist pre-ordering. I pre-ordered both the 360 and PS3 versions. Figure when the reviews come out, I'll cancel one, but for now the price it sweet. I actually own it on the PC x2, but it really requires one hell of a computer to run it, and there's nothing like a big screen to play games on.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Huh? I could have swore this had been out for awhile..[/QUOTE]

PC version has been out. Consoles get it later.

I've never heard of this game until Garnett on 1up listen up or whatever it's called now mentioned it a couple of shows ago. I was immediately interested when he said it was a Diablo clone and a good one at that. He also said that the team working on it was very proud of how the PS3 version was turning out. I don't know know if it's the lead sku on PS3 like Burnout Paradise was, but that was good to hear. My wife and I love to play the Champions of Norrath type of games so with this game supporting offline co-op, it looks like a must buy.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']How could anyone want to pre-order this when there hasn't been much (if any) kind of coverage on this game?? Personally,I'm interested in it from what I've read,but I've got a wait and see attitude for this one...[/quote]
xplay to cover this tonight, yesterday at the end of the show it showed a few shots of it, but didnt say anything about it just "look whats coming up in tomorrows xplay"

[quote name='dallow']
I hear the game is HUGE.[/quote]

Ridiculously huge--it makes Diablo II look like a freekin' demo.

Graphics are also amazing, at least on the PC version.

not going to pre order a game that had mixed reviews on the PC and has a quick console port... but thanks for the link, I wishlisted it for when it drops to a more reasonable $30 or less

Definitely interested in this game, but I think I'll grab it from Gamefly instead. That way, I can probably keep a brand new copy for about $43 if the game is good, and even less if it doesn't hold its value right after launch.

I've really been itching for a good dungeon crawler and there really hasn't been anything comparable to Diablo, Champions, Dark Alliance, etc. on the 360.

Check out Gametrailers for some good coverage of the console versions of this game. There are some gameplay trailers and a developer walkthrough. In for a 360 version.

[quote name='expane']not going to pre order a game that had mixed reviews on the PC and has a quick console port... but thanks for the link, I wishlisted it for when it drops to a more reasonable $30 or less[/QUOTE]

FWIW 1up gave it a very good review, indicating the console port was done very well.

Sonnuva...amazon raised the price up to $56.99. Almost makes me regret not pre-ordering for $49.97, but I agree it's probably best I wait until $30 or less.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']As long as this does, in fact, have local co-op, I'm definitely going to want to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

It does. However, I have heard many complaints about not being able to trade items with your split screen partner.

[quote name='CKaz']part of it may be some of us are STARVED for such a game -

[Fable 2 just wasnt the multi-player experience I was hoping for, Marvel a bit meh][/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Having played BGDA 3times, BGDA 2 times, Champions of Norrath and Champions Return to arms 2X .... it's tough waiting for content.

Justice League Heroes - 4x complete
Xmen legends 1 and 2 (get bored of these)
Ditto for Marvel UA.. I just can't seem to finish it, for some reason I find these Raven made games slightly boring

1up.com gave Sacred 2 A- and claims the CONSOLE VERSIONS ARE BETTER

go figure

[quote name='gunm']FWIW 1up gave it a very good review, indicating the console port was done very well.

Sonnuva...amazon raised the price up to $56.99. Almost makes me regret not pre-ordering for $49.97, but I agree it's probably best I wait until $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I changed my mind a few weeks ago, saw some Kotaku posted PS3 screenshots that looked great and took the risk at $50...

Worst case scenario I will try and trade it on goozex, BEST CASE scenario is the 1up review is spot on and it's a good Hack and slash..

I HOPE 1up is correct I am dying for some hickety hack slash of the good type, not the HORRIBLE untold legends nonsense

My order has shipped
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $49.97 1 $49.97

I canceled my preorder because of the reviews I saw. I'm hoping that the 1UP review is not an anomaly. The other reviews if have seen rested between 6/10 and 7.5/10. Hopefully the game is good. If so, i'll just have to wait till the price drops.

Man I had this in my cart for 2 months. I was waiting to read feedback on forums to make sure the game was not broken before buying now I missed the extra $7 saving.

Most everyone seems pleased over on the PS3 and XBOX forums about the game so I'm in for one as well.

[quote name='gobz']I canceled my preorder because of the reviews I saw. I'm hoping that the 1UP review is not an anomaly. The other reviews if have seen rested between 6/10 and 7.5/10. Hopefully the game is good. If so, i'll just have to wait till the price drops.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually read the reviews? They actually came in better than expected. Just because a game gets a 7/10 doesn't mean its not fun. The only worry before it was released was that all of the bad stuff would make the game unplayable.

Ok, it is very buggy. Ive lost two game saves, had to deal with laggy crazy in and out screens when in co-op. and Co-op loot share system is broken. I really wanted to love this game. Now I am just sad.

IGN posted their review. Low score based on the bad menus compared to the PC version

Yet the IGN reviewer confirms that the PS3 version has less bugs and better graphics than the XBOX version.. go figure

Upside - huge world, tons of customization, useful combat and spells

Downside - inconsistent graphics/framerate weak story and lore

My copy should arrive Friday

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']Ok, it is very buggy. Ive lost two game saves, had to deal with laggy crazy in and out screens when in co-op. and Co-op loot share system is broken. I really wanted to love this game. Now I am just sad.[/QUOTE]

Fix is on the way for BOTH versions regarding co-op trade being broken

Seems like hte best "community" for Sacred 2 console is on teamxbox, they have an official community manager posting there

http://forum.teamxbox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

People are loving it over there.. but of course they are hating the bugs

Yeah I was gonna pull the trigger but I ended up waiting due to these reports =b
Gonna wait for the problems to settle down, also wouldnt mind a $40 or less pricetag

Couch co-op is the ONLY reason I'd be getting it, that has to be tight =b

I had to cough up the big bucks for a copy at Gamestop because Gamefly skipped me over when allocating its initial shipment of rental copies :\ I did get the code for the Carrier Imp, though, which should come in handy once they actually activate it.

I've put about 10 hours into the game so far, mostly in local co-op mode. The game is pretty fun, and it is certainly the closest thing you will get to a Diablo-style game on the Xbox 360 right now. I've been craving a good item-grabbing dungeon crawler for a while now. Games like Oblivion just didn't do it for me because everything scales to your level constantly and there really aren't a wide variety of items to find. Too Human probably came the closest to what I was looking for, but was lacking some depth and the game's interface was just horrid for somebody who likes to micro-manage everything like myself (Sacred's interface could be improved, but it's faster and more efficient than Too Human's at least).

Overall, Sacred 2 has enough good things about it to outweigh some of the bad things that are there. There is some level scaling in the game, but from what I hear, it cuts off at a certain point (so you won't go back to the starting area and run into lowly bandits with full sets of godly equipment, like in Oblivion). There's random item generation, so you won't get bored picking up the same crap constantly. The game world is massive, so plenty to explore and a variety of environments to mix things up. There are something like four or five difficulty levels as well, which reward players with more experience and better loot the higher you go. Multiplayer and co-op are always huge bonuses in a game like this and they are done fairly well for the most part, especially once the first patch hits and fixes a couple hiccups.

I'm happy with the game, although it's not perfect by any means. We've run into a couple bugs that froze the 360, and one bug where we became rooted to the ground, even after reloading the game. Luckily, nothing has been game-ending yet, but I imagine one of those freeze-ups during an autosave would probably produced the dreaded save corruption that people have been running into. The camera could definitely use some tweaking, especially in local co-op mode, where it can be a strain to see things on even the largest TVs.

There seems to be a good amount of support coming from the publisher and developers, based on their communication with the community on the TeamXbox forums. There's already a patch in the works to fix some of the glaring game issues (save corruption, co-op trading, etc.). Players of the PC version seem to be happy with the number and quality of the patches they've received since that version launched, and I think we'll see a decent level of support on the console versions too.

I'm just sad I missed the $49.xx price point. :( If I liked Too Human, then, would I like this game too? I'm hearing a ton of mixed things.

[quote name='Pck21']I'm just sad I missed the $49.xx price point. :( If I liked Too Human, then, would I like this game too? I'm hearing a ton of mixed things.[/QUOTE]

I liked Too Human, and I like this game as well. One of the biggest reasons I like both games is because of the seemingly endless number of items you can hunt down for your character (and they'll all pretty much change the look of your character when equipping them, which most games don't bother doing at all... this is a good lure to get girlfriends and wives playing, and guys can appreciate it too...lol). Both games, however, are hurt by poor camera choices and questionable interface design, but I don't think they make the game unplayable by any means. Multiplayer in Sacred 2 seems much better than Too Human as well, which is nice. Same-screen co-op is great and multiplayer supports up to four players, rather than just two. You trade the futuristic, Norse-mythology-based setting in Too Human for a more classic, Dungeons and Dragons setting in Sacred 2. I think most people prefer this style, as it kind of goes hand in hand with the hack 'n' slash dungeon crawler aRPGs.

Now, I still like Diablo 2's item system better, but these games are as close as you can get on the 360. I don't think the stats on rare items in Sacred pack quite the same 'oomph' as some of the cool stuff I found back in the days of Diablo 2, but it'll do for now... Hopefully, somebody at Blizzard will remove their head from their rear and realize that Diablo 3 on consoles would be a gold mine and couldn't definitely work :D In the meantime, this is a great alternative.

I think this game has filled a very large gap that has existed on the current generation of consoles since day one, and I feel it will do quite well because of that. Hopefully it will open up the door for more games of this genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tomeeboy']I liked Too Human, and I like this game as well. One of the biggest reasons I like both games is because of the seemingly endless number of items you can hunt down for your character (and they'll all pretty much change the look of your character when equipping them, which some. Both games, however, are hurt by poor camera choices I think, but I don't think they make the game unplayable by any means. Multiplayer in Sacred 2 seems much better than Too Human as well, which is nice. Same-screen co-op is great and multiplayer supports up to four players, rather than just two.

Now, I still like Diablo 2's item system better, but these games are as close as you can get on the 360. I don't think the stats on rare items in Sacred pack quite the same 'oomph' as some of the cool stuff I found back in the days of Diablo 2, but it'll do for now... Hopefully, somebody at Blizzard will remove their head from their rear and realize that Diablo 3 on consoles would be a gold mine :D In the meantime, this is a great alternative.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the reply! It sounds like this game is right up my alley, along with some of my friends too. We love these kinds of games. I might pick it up in the future and get him to jump on it too. Thanks again!

[quote name='Tomeeboy']
There seems to be a good amount of support coming from the publisher and developers, based on their communication with the community on the TeamXbox forums. There's already a patch in the works to fix some of the glaring game issues (save corruption, co-op trading, etc.). Players of the PC version seem to be happy with the number and quality of the patches they've received since that version launched, and I think we'll see a decent level of support on the console versions too.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm waiting for now. As long as I've been waiting for a game like this on the Xbox360, I can't accept save file corruption possibilities. Also not being able to at least drop cash/items - need co-op trading too.

They get that done, I'll buy my copy.
But since couch co-op is all I'm buying for, its gotta be right!

Yeah, save file corruption drove me nuts on Oblivion for 360, so I hope they get it worked out on Sacred. I have it on PC and haven't had any problems. It's a pretty generic game, but fun. I'll probably consider it on 360 once the price drops, which shouldn't be long.

bread's done
Back